My car has been made

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 09:59 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
My car has been made

Stopped by the dealership today and the salesperson checked the status in his computer and told me the car has been made but has not left Germany yet and I would be informed once car is on ship. Also there is a launch event on Jan 19 to which I will be invited He expects my delivery to be in the first part of Feb. Nothing crazy about my order, pdk with sunroof and only mainstream options, so no delay.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:05 AM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
Congrats!

Old 12-22-2011, 11:09 AM
cat1pro will become famous soon enoughcat1pro will become famous soon enough
I have never been to Dubai. What is the speed limit on the highway?

Old 12-22-2011, 12:02 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cat1pro
I have never been to Dubai. What is the speed limit on the highway?

and do people obey it????

Old 12-23-2011, 12:46 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Highest speed limit is 120km/hr with a 20km/hr "grace" allowance. People don't necessarily obey it. Speed cameras are every where so as long as you are willing to pay hefty fines, you can speed all you want so long as you don't hit anyone.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:14 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aamersa
Highest speed limit is 120km/hr with a 20km/hr "grace" allowance. People don't necessarily obey it. Speed cameras are every where so as long as you are willing to pay hefty fines, you can speed all you want so long as you don't hit anyone.
congrats! i am still closer to your car than you, not for long tho.

P.S. only fines, no licence suspensions over there?

Old 12-23-2011, 02:39 AM
No suspensions for routine speeding. I had an unlucky 2 month period with my bmw 550i in which i was unfortunate to rack up 6 speeding violations. But no license consequences, just had to pay fines. However, if you are massively exceeding the limit by say 100% you may face a suspension and impounding of vehicle for a bit.

Old 12-23-2011, 02:54 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
in germany you don`t pay heavy fines (compared to almost all other european countries) but you get your licence suspended very quickly.
1 month & 100€ (~75$) when you are exceeding the speed limits on highways by more than 40km/h (19mph),
2 months & 275€ > 60km/h (37mph),
3 months & 375€ > 70km/h (43mph).
in cities it´s even worse. all of the above ^^ -10km/h.
most of us germans (me included), esp. the business men with their big Audis, Porsches, Benzes etc. would rather pay heavier fines than getting their licence suspended.

P.S. foreigners have to pay much bigger fines of course, cause they cannot lose their licence here.

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 12-23-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:12 AM
Suspensions are not the norm here. For driving under the influence of alcohol there is a suspension, but enforcement is such that one normally is caught only if one gets involved in an accident.
Speeding fines are the highest in Dubai compared to the neighbouring emirates (where they are still modest) and range from $170-270 depending on the speed.

In Germany don't you have those autobahns where people exceed 200 km/hr and even hit 300km/hr and it's all legal?

Old 12-23-2011, 06:57 AM
In Germany don't you have those autobahns where people exceed 200 km/hr and even hit 300km/hr and it's all legal?
yeah, of course there are certain autobahn areas where u can drive 300kph and above, which is brillant, but most parts are restricted.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:16 AM
cat1pro will become famous soon enoughcat1pro will become famous soon enough
Always great to hear about how other parts of the world operate. In Florida we have a few quiet roads where there is little enforcement of speed limits. The limit 65mph on most highways although most people go 75mph at least.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:08 AM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
Stopped by the dealership today and the salesperson checked the status in his computer and told me the car has been made but has not left Germany yet and I would be informed once car is on ship. Also there is a launch event on Jan 19 to which I will be invited He expects my delivery to be in the first part of Feb. Nothing crazy about my order, pdk with sunroof and only mainstream options, so no delay.
Congrats!

I placed the order around the same time like you. However, I need to wait till April/May delivery.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Congratulations on your upcoming delivery!

Is it possible to order the 991/991S without a sunroof? I believe all of the demonstration cars I've noticed in magazines did indeed have sunroofs, but your post leads me to believe that it's not a mandatory option.

Old 12-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes, in the US the sunroof is an option and not mandatory, you can order your 991 without it. In my market the sunroof comes standard, and I wasn't given an option to delete it.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Go figure...usually the sunroof option seems forced upon the US market. Nice to hear it isn't this time around, thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car has been made