My final build, order locked today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
My final build, order locked today.

Hey guys, my order finally locked today, I just want to thank you all for the advices regarding my initial build, from a bare bones manual Base Carrera I finally decided to go with an "S" with a few more options.
Reading this forum cost me a lot of money , will keep you updated.

991 Carrera S / MY2012
Carrara White Exterior / Black Full Leather Interior.

635 Park-Assit System (rear/front)
176 Sport Exhaust
911 Model designation “911”
250 Porsche Dopplekupplung (PDK)
641 SunRoof
446 Wheel caps in color
427 20” Carrera Classic wheels
XRP Spacers 5mm
640 Sport Chrono Package
583 Smoking Package (For Looks)
810 Floor mats
630 Design Light Package
XUV Porsche model embossed in center console Lid
XSC Porsche crest embossed in headrests
276 Automatically ext. and Int. mirrors
840 SportsDesing steering wheel
619 Mobile phone preparation (Bluetooth)
680 BOSE Surround Sound

Last edited by galion; 01-10-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Hippocampus is on a distinguished road
Congrats. White was my 1b color. I ordered platinum silver, but some days I wish I went white, black full leather, with some red interior accents to go with the red calipers and taillights, maybe some carbon bits. Gonna be killer. The white really looks the best when the rear spoiler is up. Cant wait to see your car pics when she arrives.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:01 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good! I didn't do park assist - such a small car I saw no need - and puts dots all over your bumpers (that ruined it for me)

What is option 619? Bluetooth phone prep? I thought that was included in every Porsche - it is in the US market. I didn't think it was an option in any country. But you def need it, so...

Congrats!!! Do you know your build date?

Old 01-10-2012, 09:34 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by EricP
Looks good! I didn't do park assist - such a small car I saw no need - and puts dots all over your bumpers (that ruined it for me)

What is option 619? Bluetooth phone prep? I thought that was included in every Porsche - it is in the US market. I didn't think it was an option in any country. But you def need it, so...

Congrats!!! Do you know your build date?

Thanks. 619 is the bluetooth module, std option in America but not in other regions.
Ouch!! I just recieved a call from the dealer telling me that my build date will be May/12 instead of March/12 that I had for the Base Carrera.
Apparently the "S" are selling like hot cakes, not the same case for the Base.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:34 AM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
Originally Posted by galion
Hey guys, my order finally locked today, I just want to thank you all for the advices regarding my initial build, from a bare bones manual Base Carrera I finally decided to go with an "S" with a few more options.
Reading this forum cost me a lot of money , will keep you updated.

991 Carrera S / MY2012
Carrara White Exterior / Black Full Leather Interior.

635 Park-Assit System (rear/front)
176 Sport Exhaust
911 Model designation “911”
250 Porsche Dopplekupplung (PDK)
641 SunRoof
446 Wheel caps in color
427 20” Carrera Classic wheels
XRP Spacers 5mm
640 Sport Chrono Package
583 Smoking Package (For Looks)
810 Floor mats
630 Design Light Package
XUV Porsche model embossed in center console Lid
XSC Porsche crest embossed in headrests
276 Automatically ext. and Int. mirrors
840 SportsDesing steering wheel
619 Mobile phone preparation (Bluetooth)
680 BOSE Surround Sound
Congrats!!
Almost same as mine
B4 Carrara White
AZ Black Full Leather Interior
176 Sport Exhaust
342 Heated Seats
352 PDCC
483 TPMS
559 Window frames in aluminum
630 Light design package
636 Park assist front and rear
639 Sports chrono
651 Electric sunroof
658 Power sterring plus
680 BOSE
748 Electric folding mirrors
840 3-spoke steering wheel
P07 Sports seats plus
P13 Auto dimming mirrorw w/rain sensor
XDA Wheels painted in black
XPT Lid of storage bin
XSC Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
XSH seat belts in silver/grey

By the way, Park-assist front and rear should be 636 not 635. You better double check it.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:44 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch ! Does it feel like the dealer waited until after the lock to inform you of the new build date?

Secondly, what is the cost diff between base and S in Argentina?

Old 01-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by EricP
Ouch ! Does it feel like the dealer waited until after the lock to inform you of the new build date?

Secondly, what is the cost diff between base and S in Argentina?

No, no. I am the one in fault, I waited until the last day to change my order for an "S", they didnt like it at all because I took the allocation for a couple of months, now they will have to order it any way for their stock.

Bare bones Carrera Base is US$105K / "S" is US$123K + almost 50% of VAT

I really dont care to wait a couple more months for the "S" ,The Base looks great, but I was afraid that the low end torque would feel anemic.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Nurburg611 will become famous soon enoughNurburg611 will become famous soon enough
I don't think the difference between base and S has ever been that big. Looks like Porsche is really pushing the S model now.

Good choice in my mind! You certainly won't regret that decision.

If I ordered one, it would most likely be white, too... (and def an S)

Old 01-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by pratas
By the way, Park-assist front and rear should be 636 not 635. You better double check it.
Thanks Pratas, You are right!, the dealer missed that. I will also double check why we have different Sport Chrono Package code.
I am having second thoughts on my wheel selection too, I think I will go with the std as you did, looks sportier and they are free

Old 01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by Nurburg611
I don't think the difference between base and S has ever been that big. Looks like Porsche is really pushing the S model now.

Good choice in my mind! You certainly won't regret that decision.

If I ordered one, it would most likely be white, too... (and def an S)

In the 997 there is just a slight difference between both, but I think that after downsizing the base engine to 3.4L, the difference will be more noticiable, specially at low RPM.
Both engines achieve its best numbers at high RPM, low end could be better in both and comming from a BMW F10 550i twin turbo I am afraid the Base 3.4L will feel anemic.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Nurburg611 will become famous soon enoughNurburg611 will become famous soon enough
You have yet to update your signature

Old 01-10-2012, 05:01 PM
I have a hard time giving you advice because you are in Argentina and your surcharges for items are SILLY EXPENSIVE!! That's unfortunate. I couldn't believe how much they get you for Espresso interior.

You did the right thing with the "s" model. Congrats again.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:43 PM
I appreciate your help Eric, I followed your advice regarding the full leather, but chose black instead of expresso. I really like black interiors.
At the end, it will cost me a whole lot more than I originally expected, but what the hell!!! You only live once.
My build was delayed to April/May and besides the possibility of choosing another wheel option, I am not willing to make any more changes.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:26 PM
I appreciate your help Eric, I followed your advice regarding the full leather, but chose black instead of expresso. I really like black interiors.
At the end, it will cost me a whole lot more than I originally expected, but what the hell!!! You only live once.
My build was delayed to April/May and besides the possibility of choosing another wheel option, I am not willing to make any more changes.
Awesome car you have coming.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:49 PM
pratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nicepratas is just really nice
Thanks Pratas, You are right!, the dealer missed that. I will also double check why we have different Sport Chrono Package code.
I am having second thoughts on my wheel selection too, I think I will go with the std as you did, looks sportier and they are free
There are 2 Sport Chrono Package. One is 639 and other one is 640(Sport Chrono Package plus). If you pick 640 than you must also pick (P23) PCM including nevigation. Some countries the PCM is a standard option. If your location come with CD31 as standard and you did not choose PCM than 639 is the one you should pick. Otherwise, 640 is the right one.

Regarding the wheel, if I did not go for the "wheel painted in black" option, I think I will choose the "20 SportDesign" one.