My Base Cab order (need advice/opinions)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ptarded
Gauche would be putting turbo letting on you base 991 and painting the brakes red or yellow while trying to pass it off as a turbo.
I don't think that's very different from painting the base 911's brake calipers red to pass it off as an S.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:02 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Gauche would be putting turbo letting on you base 991 and painting the brakes red or yellow while trying to pass it off as a turbo.
Lol!! But wouldn't you need to do the turbo intakes to fool any one? May be those intake stickers they use on those camouflaged cars!

Old 02-20-2012, 12:08 PM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Meatball
Couldn't wait for the base, picking up an Agate Grey C2S this afternoon! Not perfect on the options (no PSE) but otherwise nice.
Good for you! Life is short. Live it up.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:17 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by aamersa
Good for you! Life is short. Live it up.
Fantastic, Meatball! Did you get a discount?

ChuckJ

Old 02-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Ptarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Sapster
I don't think that's very different from painting the base 911's brake calipers red to pass it off as an S.
Who said anything about trying to pass it off as an S?

Lol!! But wouldn't you need to do the turbo intakes to fool any one? May be those intake stickers they use on those camouflaged cars!
Not what i was going for, but okay. Was simply stating if you liked to look of red calipers you could have them painted. Not trying to fool anyone into thinking you spent more on your car than you did. If one was worried about status symbols as you guys are implying they could simply buy a late model turbo for a heavy discount.

Last edited by Ptarded; 02-20-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Incidentally it is the red brake calipers that helped me decide in favor of GR for ext. color vs. yellow. Make sense?

Old 02-20-2012, 02:06 PM
Ptarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the rough
Incidentally it is the red brake calipers that helped me decide in favor of GR for ext. color vs. yellow. Make sense?
Indeed it does, almost made the same decisions, was thinking GR on S with red calipers, and adding the red seat belts. Its a good look, especially if you go full on and get the red gauges with the red center console.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:12 AM
Meatball is infamous around these parts
Congrats man, I'm super jelly right now >.>
Enjoy it, im sure you will.
Thanks! First full day yesterday, awesome. Makes my old C4S (even without the blown engine ) seem archaic.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Fantastic, Meatball! Did you get a discount?

ChuckJ

Yes, primarily because they felt sorry for me. Porsche didn't provide any goodwill on my 2005 C4S when the block cracked at 42K miles. The service manager was very good and they wanted me back in a new Porsche, besides, I fell for the 991 when I saw it in person.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:49 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Yes, primarily because they felt sorry for me. Porsche didn't provide any goodwill on my 2005 C4S when the block cracked at 42K miles. The service manager was very good and they wanted me back in a new Porsche, besides, I fell for the 991 when I saw it in person.
Wow, sorry to hear about the block, but hope the new one will make up for that disappointment.

ChuckJ

Old 02-21-2012, 08:30 AM
It really does make the 997 feel dated in every way, but there is something still there in the 997 that you don't get with the 991, Its not one specific thing in particular but the sum of many small things adding up. It's like the 991 is 90% + 40% of the 997, it's much more car than the 997 and better in every way but they took away that 10% that made the 997 the 997. Still want a 991, very badly and I'm sure once I'm driving the 991 for a extended period I'll forget what i was missing.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:41 AM
It really does make the 997 feel dated in every way, but there is something still there in the 997 that you don't get with the 991, Its not one specific thing in particular but the sum of many small things adding up. It's like the 991 is 90% + 40% of the 997, it's much more car than the 997 and better in every way but they took away that 10% that made the 997 the 997. Still want a 991, very badly and I'm sure once I'm driving the 991 for a extended period I'll forget what i was missing.

Unfortunately I missed the 997 altogether because I loved my 996 C4S so much. My intent was to pick up a 2012 997 at a good price but when I saw and then drove the 991 it was all over for me.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Unfortunately I missed the 997 altogether because I loved my 996 C4S so much. My intent was to pick up a 2012 997 at a good price but when I saw and then drove the 991 it was all over for me.
Yes I almost bit the bullet on the 12 GTS, am very glad I did not as the 991 is just too much car to pass up. At this price point, the performance, luxury, usability, and looks are such a GREAT deal. I've been trying my hardest to find another car around the 100k mark that would be comparable and I just can't.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:13 PM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
Going to remove the voice control and possibly added the PSE. Drove a carrera S this weekend with it and the stock exhaust definitely is more than adequate so I have to think about this one.

What are everyone's thoughts on the park assist? I've never had it on any of my cars but I didn't realize how poor the visibility is on the Pcars until I drove it this weekend.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Our other car has a backup camera and park assist and I find it excellent here in Texas because normal parking is pull in rather than parallel and half the time you are parked next to a truck or SUV and you can't see people coming when you back out. That said, when I take my 997 to a parking lot there never seem to be any cars where I park so I haven't included it in my order.

ChuckJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Base Cab order (need advice/opinions)