Ahhh 997 GTS vs. 991 C2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 11:15 AM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
That's like setting a house on fire to send smoke signals...
Shoot them off an email instead.
Not a bad idea... Do you happen to have an email address that does not end up in a trash can somewhere in Deutschland?? Send me a private message and I will oblige..

Old 03-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hroussard
Not a bad idea... Do you happen to have an email address that does not end up in a trash can somewhere in Deutschland?? Send me a private message and I will oblige..
Ehhhmmm... yeah, I'm fresh out of snappy come backs...
Man I've been spending way to much time here, gotto go.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Waxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of light
Wasn't going to respond but I will say this... (just like I stated previously) you've been able to take things and twist them around.

You think trash talking about someones ride is not personal!?
People whom are getting or have a 991 do not come on here to get your approval or dis-approval (it's shocking I know) and certainly not for cheerleading.
We really don't need your validation.

You're nice and polite now but we'll see how long that lasts.
Why would we need to start are own thread to avoid this invasion of negativity and personal attacks... IT'S OUR SECTION!
Why would we have to tip toe around you!?

Would it really be too much to expect some form of decorum or even a cordial disposition as it pertains to dealing with someones pride and joy...

Clearly these are all rhetorical questions.
Spin it all you want, people didn't acquire the means to purchase these types of toys by lacking in IQ... everyone can make up their own minds when it comes to these ridiculous word games.

This is a waste of time...

Out. (again...)

Mr. Psycho: I think you need to take a chill pill. No one here has bashed the 991. Porsche owners and enthusiasts here are pointing out their honest views, likes and criticisms where they have them. You say there were personal attacks? By whom, against whom? I didn't see any personal attacks. Some pointed sarcasim maybe but thats about it. Put your "big boy pants on". Its just a bunch of guys having a pointed car discussion. Guys get worked up about cars but that all it is. Just a discussion about cars.

Also this is your section as a 991 owner or fan? Really? I must have missed the sign on the way in. Where is it? Maybe 991 owners need to post a "No Tresspassing" sign.

Last I checked this entire thread was about "991S vs. 997 GTS". That very title kind of invites that discussion. No? Maybe next time there should be a caveat limiting those who respond only to 991 owners. Would that be more to your liking? Probably universal praise for the 991 that way right?

Also, if you check the 997 forums here and on Rennlist there are plenty of comments regarding 991 vs. 997 and banter going both ways. No one except you seems to be really getting your panties in bunch.

While I like the 991 (it is a beautiful car and the way forward for the Carrera) and drove the car for approximately 1/2 hr both in highway and the twisties aggressively and there were things I liked and didn't like compared to my GTS. Its just that simple. I don't see myself as a fanboy since I am in the fortunate postion of getting a 991 now if I wanted it and could have driven one home and left my GTS at the dealer. Don't think they didn't try to sell me either. I got my GTS last June after deliberately opting not to wait for the 991 based on what I saw and read and I am glad I did get my GTS after seeing and driving the 991. Thats not a bash. Thats my preference and opinion and you know what they say about opinons.

In order to be a constructive discussion it has to be honest. I believe everyone here has been honest with their views.

Fact of the matter is while the 991 has objectively moved the bar forward in overall performance there are some classic 911 attributes and characteristics that many (including Evo journalists) feel have been left behind. By your reckoning they (Evo)are now bashing the 991. Maybe just maybe some 997 owners still prefer their 997s over the 991. Many here can't seem to fathom such a preference.

To the contrary, it seems that just because many 997 owners aren't fawning all over the 991 at this point and aren't 991 "sychophants, totties and lackies" makes us bashers. Really? I personally think your comments were out of line including intimations about people getting there "asses kicked". Really? If honest commentary and discussion about these cars has you that upset don't read the thread.

Manifold and Buckwheat have made very valid points. So has Speed21.

In the end its all about what you like better and personal preference.

To suggest, which some could be interpreted as suggesting in this thread that every prevoius Porsche Carrera is now washed up ("a pigs ear") and to be discarded in favor of the latest and greatest is just ridiculous. I don't really think that was meant by those comments, however, as it was just talk and banter.

I'll say it again, while the 991 objectively has moved the performance bar forward to degree, attend some local open track events and I'm sure you will see some 997 passing 991s and visa versa. I think even 930man will agree its the driver that really makes the difference and still will.

Chill out.

Last edited by Waxer; 03-07-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:13 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
I agree... I think there is a fine line between being critical/having an opinion versus bashing. I don't think anyone on this forum is intentionally bashing, persay! We all love Porsche, right?

I for one would love to get a 991 when my "new" 08 Targa gets old!
Would love to see a 991 C4S, Targa or Turbo in my garage someday! :-)

Hooray for new car models!!

Last edited by mark12345; 03-07-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Waxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of lightWaxer is a glorious beacon of light
Criticism can be construed as bashing. That's true but it's in the intent of the person posting I think.

I am a Porsche fan and love all Porsches. I am rooting for the new car to be a success in sales, performance and in competition. It will only add further luster to mark as far as I'm concerned.

Mostly, I just want to see them trounce those little red cars from Modena in the FIA and ALMS and upset their wine sipping aristocratic owners and fans.

Last edited by Waxer; 03-07-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !buck986 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Waxer
Criticism can be construed as bashing. That's true but it's in the intent of the person posting I think.

I am a Porsche fan and love all Porsches. I am rooting for the new car to be a success in sales, performance and in competition. It will only add further luster to mark as far as I'm concerned.

Mostly, I just want to see them trounce those little red cars from Modena in the FIA and ALMS and upset their wine sipping aristocratic owners and fans.
The real fun will be in 2014...LeMans and Porsche!

Old 03-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !

I think most of us have enough sh#t we've got to deal with in our business lives, lets face it... the 80's are definitely over!! (the fact i can still remember them having spend them in Amsterdam is a miracle )
Just reading over the posts and came across these.. You sure come out with some funny stuff man.

Yep. Over. 80's were awsome here. Can only imagine how it was in Amsterdam.

I think you two should just get it over with and get a room!

I think i hear wedding bells .

Old 03-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Squat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to beholdSquat is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by speed21
Fair enough. I hold no hard feelings against any of you guys (excepting mr dump/squat/****).....all fun in love and war as they say. But when you read the link it's easily interpreted i.e. no ambiguity....so that said may i politely say it wasn't your best move on the chessboard putting it up.
Says the man spouting the glories of a car he never drove, because his dealer gave him a glass of cheap swill.

Try saying something that makes sense like... hey good point I didnt drive the car but what the word is XXX instead of singing praises about something you havent driven.

Who is the DumbS#$@#$? Guy who says you have to be a great driver to feel the .05 of a second?
Or the guy screaming about a car he hasnt driven....

Old 03-08-2012, 12:14 AM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Right... there's no personal attacks here at all!

Old 03-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Right... there's no personal attacks here at all!
That's perfectly fine sid. What we are seeing here is just steam rising due to my exposing the true character of this particular individual. I think we could be dealing with a very young disturbed boy or girl. Best we leave this person alone and hopefully they will withdraw back to wherever they came from. I suspect there is no car or boat or anything at all for that matter...just a lot of pent up anger and hatred. This poor soul has neg rep'd me but is probably a little angry as it didn't do anything

Old 03-08-2012, 04:43 AM
I hear ya!

The problem is there is no accountability or consequence on the net, everyone feels like they can say whatever the hell they please and it seems all manners and social filters have been tossed aside.

In real life this stuff doesn't happen to me... unless the individual if crazy or armed.
I see people getting attacked or bullied in real life and I'll step in (in no uncertain terms!) guess for some it's a game here to get away with as much as possible for on here... what's the worst that's going to happen... they get neg repped (or time out/banned but I've never seen that happen to my surprise).

No I prefer the real world, want to be an aggressor or attack me stand in front of me and see how brave you are... these online word games and tough talk don't make any sense to me, when someone calls one on it... they just deny it... or take a perfectly composted well rounded statement and focus on just what they want to react to... even if it takes the whole thing out of context.
And then if you stand up for yourself (or someone else) out the neg reps come.

Good thing there a ton of people with positive reps who see through all the bullsh#t, otherwise the bullies would run this site

Amazing... grown men acting like children.

Cheers!

Old 03-08-2012, 04:48 AM
Banned
I hear ya!

The problem is there is no accountability or consequence on the net, everyone feels like they can say whatever the hell they please and it seems all manners and social filters have been tossed aside.

In real life this stuff doesn't happen to me... unless the individual if crazy or armed.
I see people getting attacked or bullied in real life and I'll step in (in no uncertain terms!) guess for some it's a game here to get away with as much as possible for on here... what's the worst that's going to happen... they get neg repped (or time out/banned but I've never seen that happen to my surprise).

No I prefer the real world, want to be an aggressor or attack me stand in front of me and see how brave you are... these online word games and tough talk don't make any sense to me, when someone calls one on it... they just deny it... or take a perfectly composted well rounded statement and focus on just what they want to react to... even if it takes the whole thing out of context.
And then if you stand up for yourself (or someone else) out the neg reps come.

Good thing there a ton of people with positive reps who see through all the bullsh#t, otherwise the bullies would run this site

Amazing... grown men acting like children.

Cheers!
Yup it's a pretty sad state of affairs. On the internet there are some very sick puppies on the loose unfortunately. Reining them in can be a real problem....

Old 03-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Originally Posted by speed21
Yup it's a pretty sad state of affairs. On the internet there are some very sick puppies on the loose unfortunately. Reining them in can be a real problem....
Funny thing is evryone said their piece... agreed to disagree and get back to what we're really here for (our passion for Porsche's) and wouldn't ya know it someone else posts something to stir things up and... there we go again

Clearly most of us do not posses the self-control to just... not reply! (trust me I should know ).
Think it's best if everyone lets this one die already... and try to play nice else where, it has gone of the rails too many times here to be of any value to anyone (except for maybe a morbid type of entertainment).

See ya around!

Old 03-08-2012, 05:12 AM
Banned
Funny thing is evryone said their piece... agreed to disagree and get back to what we're really here for (our passion for Porsche's) and wouldn't ya know it someone else posts something to stir things up and... there we go again

Clearly most of us do not posses the self-control to just... not reply! (trust me I should know ).
Think it's best if everyone lets this one die already... and try to play nice else where, it has gone of the rails too many times here to be of any value to anyone (except for maybe a morbid type of entertainment).

See ya around!
Yep 22 pages was pretty good innings for any thread to run. It's been fun mixing it up guys. Cheers.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:21 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
this thread has no more merit