Base, Bose, or Burmester?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 06:27 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by EricP
God this forum makes me sad....it's the only thing I didn't get

Burmester - Since you can't describe sound in words, let me just say that it was like a drug. It was like being blind your whole life and then suddenly having vision bestowed on you. My buddy and I went on a test drive in a Burmester car and our jaws just dropped. Even Justin Bieber sounded fantastic!! (Ok maybe not that good.)
The space that is available in a 911 is so limited that it is hard to create a good listening environment. I listened to the Burmester in the Panamera (which has a much much larger cabin for better speaker placement) and the experience was very encouraging. I don't listen to any thing that has heavy bass, and my primary focus was vocal, so the Burmester provided a very good listening experience with the high notes and mid-range that I am used to. I'm sure the Burmester is a couple notches better than the Bose system though, which is complete junk IMHO. Knowing that my next 911 is still going to be a GT for my pleasure, I would opt to get the Burmester system.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:42 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Even Justin Bieber sounded fantastic!! (Ok maybe not that good.)
okay, Dieter Burmester is good but not god (the almighty one)

P.S. i`ll stick my neck out: people should be fined if they listen to Bieber through a Burmester sound system.

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 02-20-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:00 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Get the Burmester!!!

I did not take the time to read all the different posts on this thread so sorry if its a repeat.
My vote for Burmester is like why anyone would buy a super fast sports car, when the laws in this country will never let you utilize the power. We buy fast cars because when we do get a chance to use it, the thrill is so priceless and worth every penny. The same goes for Burmester, when that amazing song comes on that you have not heard for so long and you want to turn it really loud....only Burmester will have you really grinning. And if you play an old CD that you have not listened to for so long, you will really hear the magic.
Even with just FM radio or sat radio, it is so much better.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:32 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
Burmeister in my turbo s was titz
So I ordered it in my s cab 991
Bose suxxx

Old 02-20-2012, 07:36 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I did not take the time to read all the different posts on this thread so sorry if its a repeat.
My vote for Burmester is like why anyone would buy a super fast sports car, when the laws in this country will never let you utilize the power. We buy fast cars because when we do get a chance to use it, the thrill is so priceless and worth every penny. The same goes for Burmester, when that amazing song comes on that you have not heard for so long and you want to turn it really loud....only Burmester will have you really grinning. And if you play an old CD that you have not listened to for so long, you will really hear the magic.
Even with just FM radio or sat radio, it is so much better.
You hit it perfectly with that one line. Makes sense to me!

Old 02-20-2012, 09:00 PM
cayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant futurecayenne958 has a brilliant future
Instead of Burmester, I'd get descent home audio with a little more extra money. I am surprised nobody here got audiophile grade audio ($10k+ speakers, etc) Cars look very tired after 5 years, but audios look like new after 10 years, and they work like new after 20 years with zero maintenance!

Some are very decorative at home too.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:39 AM
Ptarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
okay, Dieter Burmester is good but not god (the almighty one)

P.S. i`ll stick my neck out: people should be fined if they listen to Bieber through a Burmester sound system.
Just cause we all love the same car doesn't mean we love the same music! It's my 911 and I'll listen to what I damn well please! Britney Spears at ear bleeding levels! J/K, great comment! LOL'd so hard when i read it.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Ptarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cayenne958
Instead of Burmester, I'd get descent home audio with a little more extra money. I am surprised nobody here got audiophile grade audio ($10k+ speakers, etc) Cars look very tired after 5 years, but audios look like new after 10 years, and they work like new after 20 years with zero maintenance!

Some are very decorative at home too.
I don't know about others on here, but I do have a good home stereo. However I listen to my car stereo to a much greater extent than I do my home stereo. 75% of my listening time is in the car, 20% in front of the computer getting work done and the other 5% is during a party with the home stereo. I just don't ever have time to sit down and just listen to music in front of the home system. So to me it makes much more sense to pay the premium for where I undoubtedly have theost listening time. Even the new 911 isn't big enough to pack a home theater into the back!

Old 02-21-2012, 08:49 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
I hope nobody truly thought I was rocking the Bieber...

Actually I was listening to Radiohead "Meeting in the Aisles" on my test drive.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:50 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ptarded
I don't know about others on here, but I do have a good home stereo. However I listen to my car stereo to a much greater extent than I do my home stereo. 75% of my listening time is in the car, 20% in front of the computer getting work done and the other 5% is during a party with the home stereo. I just don't ever have time to sit down and just listen to music in front of the home system. So to me it makes much more sense to pay the premium for where I undoubtedly have theost listening time. Even the new 911 isn't big enough to pack a home theater into the back!
exactly my ratios...

Old 02-21-2012, 09:11 AM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
I hope nobody truly thought I was rocking the Bieber...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCqszbEtbdE
jajajajajaja, there is no escape now eric, not a chance!

Old 02-21-2012, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Ptarded
Just cause we all love the same car doesn't mean we love the same music! It's my 911 and I'll listen to what I damn well please! Britney Spears at ear bleeding levels! J/K, great comment! LOL'd so hard when i read it.
haha, you cannot imagine the musical tortures that my passengers have been going through over the years, from slayer to carl orff to 2Unlimited to Conan-the barbarian soundtrack to bavarian "brezel" music.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 AM
One of the reasons I always drive. My car, my music choices! I really want to hear the Lord of the Rings soundtrack on the burmester!

Old 02-21-2012, 11:47 AM
neuneleven has a spectacular aura aboutneuneleven has a spectacular aura about
[quote=Ptarded;3462818]I don't know about others on here, but I do have a good home stereo. However I listen to my car stereo to a much greater extent than I do my home stereo. 75% of my listening time is in the car, 20% in front of the computer getting work done and the other 5% is ... with the home stereo. I just don't ever have time to sit down and just listen to music in front of the home system...

Precisely. So the car stereo should rock. I admittedly had not considered Burmeister in the next car, but it sounds like it might be worth it. Over a decade ago, while still in training, I remember leaving my ground floor apartment in NYC on summer evenings to sit in my Audi and listen to some "smooth" sounds on my Bose which beat the crappy system I had indoors while reading a journal or just relaxing. I guess it's also time to upgrade the sound system in the Pcar with the next purchase

Old 02-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
[quote=EricP;3462828]I hope nobody truly thought I was rocking the Bieber...

Yeah sure, now you say that

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Base, Bose, or Burmester?