Base, Bose, or Burmester?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 04:51 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
[quote=Onetime;3463398]
Originally Posted by EricP
I hope nobody truly thought I was rocking the Bieber...

Actually I was listening to Radiohead "Meeting in the Aisles" on my test drive.

Yeah sure, now you say that
Ok you got me - love the biebs...(ack)

Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 PM
dolce is on a distinguished road
I agree with what some have said here. I would invest the money in a killer home audio system. I have a higher end Onkyo with Polk Monitor 70's, Polk surrounds and sub and it is listening bliss. Not premium, but great for me. I listen to my home stereo 3-4 times a week, drinking some vino and nothing is better. Listen to the sounds of your car in the car. You can't get that at home. And if you like HiFi stereo in your car, do it in your luxury sedan, not your sports car.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:30 PM
ArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the roughArthurH is a jewel in the rough
I optioned the Burmester. I am very happy with it, and the sound is incredible.

I have 2 toddlers here at home. I almost NEVER have a moment to relax and listen to music, or otherwise isolate myself. I actually need to hear what is going on in my house when I am home. When I am driving, however, it is my moment. If there IS a problem at home, I won't miss a call--the music will be interrupted by the phone/bluetooth-- so I can crank it up and really enjoy the music in the one place where am not expected to be 'on call'.

The glass of wine sounds great, too, but I'll have to skip that part.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:59 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dolce
I agree with what some have said here. I would invest the money in a killer home audio system. I have a higher end Onkyo with Polk Monitor 70's, Polk surrounds and sub and it is listening bliss. Not premium, but great for me. I listen to my home stereo 3-4 times a week, drinking some vino and nothing is better. Listen to the sounds of your car in the car. You can't get that at home. And if you like HiFi stereo in your car, do it in your luxury sedan, not your sports car.
I agree if we are talking about a raw sports car like the GT3 or 2. For some they DD there regular carrera S and do time on the freeway, where you cant really enjoy the engine note. So for them a nice stereo would come in handy. I am like humphrey, I have 2 little ones at home and can not sit and enjoy a stereo. I can't even enjoy it in my CTT when they are in it.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Ptarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I agree if we are talking about a raw sports car like the GT3 or 2. For some they DD there regular carrera S and do time on the freeway, where you cant really enjoy the engine note. So for them a nice stereo would come in handy. I am like humphrey, I have 2 little ones at home and can not sit and enjoy a stereo. I can't even enjoy it in my CTT when they are in it.
Agreed, while I can enjoy music at home, I would much rather be driving too! And like ZZZ said, there's not much to enjoy about the engine when you are crusing at 80 MPH for more than short distances. Now about that glass of wine...

Old 02-26-2012, 09:45 AM
OKB
OKB will become famous soon enough
I checked both bose and burmeister. The bose is the same as the rest.
But the new Burmeister is really good. Thats worth buying in my opinion. If I order the car, Ill pay the 5000 for that option.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:49 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
After a few days with the BOSE - it's terrible. Like completely awful - even when adjusted treble/bass. I don't listen to CD's. I will pop in an iPod soon to test the aux quality. My MP3's and AAC's are encoded at 320kbps or better.

Did anyone else's car come with an iPod cable I don't think mine did.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:51 AM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
After a few days with the BOSE - it's terrible. Like completely awful - even when adjusted treble/bass. I don't listen to CD's. I will pop in an iPod soon to test the aux quality. My MP3's and AAC's are encoded at 320kbps or better.

Eric-I may be wrong, but I don't think they come with them anymore. You need just an ipod USB cable to plug into your glove box outlet.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by gleek48
Eric-I may be wrong, but I don't think they come with them anymore. You need just an ipod USB cable to plug into your glove box outlet.
Ok I will acquire one. You also need an 1/8th inch audio cable because USB doesn't transport an audio signal. So it either needs to be both or one of those pigtails like BMW INCLUDES WITH THEIR CARS

c/mon porsche...$2500 for BOSE and you get no $9 cable????

Old 02-26-2012, 09:55 AM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Ok I will acquire one. You also need an 1/8th inch audio cable because USB doesn't transport an audio signal. So it either needs to be both or one of those pigtails like BMW INCLUDES WITH THEIR CARS

c/mon porsche...$2500 for BOSE and you get no $9 cable????
I think I may be wrong then. I thought USB transmits everything - data and audio.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:59 AM
USB only transmits digital data - no audio at all. So there is a USB and an 1/8th" jack in the glovebox side by side. If you just plug in your iPod to the USB you will get the song list on your PCM screen - and you can control your song ff/play/ etc.. but no sound will come out.

All my cars have this same situation. 2012 Jeep, BMW X5 (2012), previous 997.2, M3, etc.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:10 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
USB only transmits digital data - no audio at all. So there is a USB and an 1/8th" jack in the glovebox side by side. If you just plug in your iPod to the USB you will get the song list on your PCM screen - and you can control your song ff/play/ etc.. but no sound will come out.

All my cars have this same situation. 2012 Jeep, BMW X5 (2012), previous 997.2, M3, etc.
IIRC I've had rentals in the past that worked with USB only and my iPhone. In fact that has to be the case. I've never had the 1/8th cable and I know I've listened to it in those same rentals (Hyundai, Ford Mustang, and a Nissan Juke are the ones I remember).

Old 02-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by GAM3OVR
IIRC I've had rentals in the past that worked with USB only and my iPhone. In fact that has to be the case. I've never had the 1/8th cable and I know I've listened to it in those same rentals (Hyundai, Ford Mustang, and a Nissan Juke are the ones I remember).
Actually you're RIGHT and I was COMPLETELY wrong. Just tested it in my 991. Simply plugged in the white iPhone ---> USB plug and audio works.

Thanks much. Sorry for any confusion. On my M3 the "pigtail" was required - see below:

Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2012, 03:18 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute

That bad? Sounds like the Burmester is the way to go.

Old 02-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by PT Doc
That bad? Sounds like the Burmester is the way to go.
Well, the HK system that came in my BMW M3 and X5 is exponentially better.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Base, Bose, or Burmester?