Kick in the #%@$s with a steel-toed boot

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 12:47 PM
eagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really niceeagleeye is just really nice
Kick in the #%@$s with a steel-toed boot

From my salesman via email today (my car as of last check is scheduled for completion tomorrow)........

"(sales manager) has been checking on your 991 and has learned from our Porsche Representative that there is a delay on 911's with the deviated stiching for the leather. I will keep you posted as I learn more but no change in production dates have officially changed but our rep says the time could change could be up to eight weeks. I don't want to worry you yet but I believe keeping you posted on everything is the best policy. Hopefully I will have some definitive answers here soon and maybe this won't effect us at all".

Last edited by eagleeye; 02-20-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:53 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by eagleeye
From my salesman via email today (my car as of last check is scheduled for completion tomorrow)........

"(sales manager) has been checking on your 991 and has learned from our Porsche Representative that there is a delay on 911's with the deviated stiching for the leather. I will keep you posted as I learn more but no change in production dates have officially changed but our rep says the time could change could be up to eight weeks. I don't want to worry you yet but I believe keeping you posted on everything is the best policy. Hopefully I will have some definitive answers here soon and maybe this won't effect us at all.
Sorry about that!! Decisions, decisions, decisions!

ChuckJ

Old 02-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Ptarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the rough
Hope it works out, I know waiting is like torture for us guys who truly enjoy our cars and driving them. I'm always amazed at the patience of guys who wait for customs. Fortunately waiting for a brand new 991 for a few more weeks isn't the worst problem to have in the world. I'd say its a pretty good one. Anyway good luck and enjoy the **** out of the stitching when it gets here!!!

Old 02-21-2012, 07:12 AM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Waiting sometimes makes it more fun. But is this one of those times? You'll love it when it comes.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Ptarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the roughPtarded is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PT Doc
Waiting sometimes makes it more fun. But is this one of those times? You'll love it when it comes.
Waiting if never fun for me, it's the payoff that's the fun part. Like sex, the work makes the reward much sweeter.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:25 AM
Elias74 can only hope to improve
Mine was scheudled for the 21Th of january. But, some time before, (about the 5Th of december), they told me that there was a delay of 4-8 weeks, because they were building up cars with sunroof first, then those without.
Since i choose not to buy the sunroof (never used), mine has to be build from 20Th ferburary (Yesterday), and i'll have to receive the first days of march.
FINGERS CROSSED!

Someone else had this kind of issue?

Old 02-21-2012, 11:35 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Elias74
Mine was scheudled for the 21Th of january. But, some time before, (about the 5Th of december), they told me that there was a delay of 4-8 weeks, because they were building up cars with sunroof first, then those without.
Since i choose not to buy the sunroof (never used), mine has to be build from 20Th ferburary (Yesterday), and i'll have to receive the first days of march.
FINGERS CROSSED!

Someone else had this kind of issue?
Glad to hear they have started non sunroof versions as I didn't order one either.

ChuckJ

Old 02-21-2012, 01:04 PM
GAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to beholdGAM3OVR is a splendid one to behold
Wow - VERY good to know as I'm planning on ordering with deviated stitching as well. I'll have to ask my guy to check into this further before I place my order.

Thanks for posting this!