Thinking About A 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:14 PM
TorontoPF has a spectacular aura aboutTorontoPF has a spectacular aura about
you know Eric we are expecting full set of pics of your new car! Can't wait to see them. I know how excited you are and we are very excited for you!

My c2s cab in PS is due in early May

Old 02-22-2012, 10:22 PM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TorontoPF
you know Eric we are expecting full set of pics of your new car! Can't wait to see them. I know how excited you are and we are very excited for you!

My c2s cab in PS is due in early May
Thanks! We are due for 1-2" snow tonight so I may leave it at the dealer for the weekend or until sometime next week. Ill pay for it asap and just leave it in their storage. I'll go there and take a ton of pics straight away thought because a lot of folks want detailed espresso pics.

I don't mind driving it in the weather but not the first thing.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:09 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rockyrap

An aside for aamersa...like your 991 build, but I noticed in an earlier thread on blue interiors that you had considered it for your Guards Red 991.
The 08 Turbo i nearly purchased was Guards Red and had Sea Blue leather everywhere. For a minute I thought it was black but that combo looked absolutely amazing to me. If Yachting Blue is as dark a hue as the Sea Blue was, I may yet re-think my exterior color choice.
Yes, indeed I had initially ordered yachting blue with my GR 991, but porsche forums told me that I would have a very unique combo, which I didn't want, plus I wasn't strongly partial to the blue, so I switched my order to the more classic black interior which I have always liked. But I have no doubt that the red/blue combo would have looked fine. In fact I put a yachting blue sample next to a GR 997 GTS and they went well together.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:51 AM
EricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond reputeEricP has a reputation beyond repute
The day someone posts pics of a 991 in Guards Red with a Yachting Blue interior I will fall over dead. I'd love to see it but that's a build that requires especially large huevos.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:57 AM
aamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to beholdaamersa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by EricP
The day someone posts pics of a 991 in Guards Red with a Yachting Blue interior I will fall over dead. I'd love to see it but that's a build that requires especially large huevos.
Yeah, that's the kind of feedback which prompted me to change my choice. Thank God I also like black

Old 02-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by aamersa
Yeah, that's the kind of feedback which prompted me to change my choice. Thank God I also like black
At this level of purchase I even struggled with my brown interior selection !!

(one evening I even considered Lime Gold with Espresso interior. I looked at my wife and she put her hand up and said "do whatcha like." But I couldn't do it. I'd love to be able to change the color every day and drive a different combo - I'd be rocking red, yellow, blue - everything depending on my mood.)