If i buy the 991S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 04:47 AM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
I'm luckier than you, I guess...I have the new car bug, but not necessarily a 991 bug...
But if I need that new Porsche fix, I'm hoping to fall in love with the new Boxter S to add to my 997....

Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hockeyguy4u
I'm luckier than you, I guess...I have the new car bug, but not necessarily a 991 bug...
But if I need that new Porsche fix, I'm hoping to fall in love with the new Boxter S to add to my 997....
The Boxster S is a beautiful improvement but that's going to cost you 80K to buy and with two cars it's only possible to drive one at a time and they both can break . Plus both depreciate and one has to insure two cars.

I am just kidding .. sort of .

I am trying to become un wowed but I am really getting excited about the car i haven't even bought ... yet .

Last edited by yrralis1; 04-19-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:17 AM
hockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant futurehockeyguy4u has a brilliant future
Well, my 997 has already depreciated a lot. The curve flattens from here.
But the depreciation on a new 991 will be a lot more than the new Boxter!
So I'm still ahead....lol

Old 04-19-2012, 08:32 AM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
A forum member and friend of mine sold his M3 for a 991. He is loving life. Keep your turbo loose the bimmer! =) just a friendly suggestion.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:52 AM
dlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nicedlchasen is just really nice
Originally Posted by yrralis1
The Boxster S is a beautiful improvement but that's going to cost you 80K to buy and with two cars it's only possible to drive one at a time and they both can break . Plus both depreciate and one has to insure two cars.

I am just kidding .. sort of .

I am trying to become un wowed but I am really getting excited about the car i haven't even bought ... yet .
Larry,
I, too, recently test drove the 991 and in my case I knew immediately afterward that I would buy one. While the 991 can't possibly be all things to all people, it's almost perfect for me. I seek a car that can be driven comfortably as an around town DD or highway cruiser and that can also morph into a formidable racer in the twisties. I, unlike some others, actually appreciate the schizophrenic nature of the beast, and from my standpoint the Porsche engineers accomplished what they sought to invent. My '07 C2S is very enjoyable for me, but my better half finds the ride a bit rough. I had an '11 M3 as a DD, and didn't care for the DCT at all. For my taste, the 991 delivers both the creature comforts of the M3 and the sportiness of the C2S with possibly the best transmission in the automobile universe.

I am debating the PSE option, too. I have it on my present car, and I enjoy it from time-to-time. When I drove the 991 and hit the Sport button, it sounded very good. If what Tromero says is true that the 991 regular exhaust = the 997 PSE, I can't imagine what a PSE 991 would sound like when that button is pushed. I certainly don't want to be like the guy on the Harley blasting every pedestrian's eardrums. It's one thing to enjoy a great exhaust note, and it's something else to be offensive about it.

Such is the agony of First World decisions.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dlchasen
Larry,
I, too, recently test drove the 991 and in my case I knew immediately afterward that I would buy one. While the 991 can't possibly be all things to all people, it's almost perfect for me. I seek a car that can be driven comfortably as an around town DD or highway cruiser and that can also morph into a formidable racer in the twisties. I, unlike some others, actually appreciate the schizophrenic nature of the beast, and from my standpoint the Porsche engineers accomplished what they sought to invent. My '07 C2S is very enjoyable for me, but my better half finds the ride a bit rough. I had an '11 M3 as a DD, and didn't care for the DCT at all. For my taste, the 991 delivers both the creature comforts of the M3 and the sportiness of the C2S with possibly the best transmission in the automobile universe.

I am debating the PSE option, too. I have it on my present car, and I enjoy it from time-to-time. When I drove the 991 and hit the Sport button, it sounded very good. If what Tromero says is true that the 991 regular exhaust = the 997 PSE, I can't imagine what a PSE 991 would sound like when that button is pushed. I certainly don't want to be like the guy on the Harley blasting every pedestrian's eardrums. It's one thing to enjoy a great exhaust note, and it's something else to be offensive about it.

The 991 PSE is awesome!!!! Why would anyone want to order a car without it!? Especially when you can switch it off. Then the guys that don't order it later get bored buy exhausts that aren't switchable and then their wives/girlfriends hate the car.
Never happened to me and if it did I would dump them.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !Manifold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dlchasen
Yes, good to be reminded that the 'problem' of choosing which $100K car to get is a luxury, not a genuine problem.

Old 04-19-2012, 08:21 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Scott997
The 991 PSE is awesome!!!! Why would anyone want to order a car without it!? Especially when you can switch it off. Then the guys that don't order it later get bored buy exhausts that aren't switchable and then their wives/girlfriends hate the car.
Never happened to me and if it did I would dump them.

suncoast will have the OEM in a year so can always add it later & get the switch. maybe cost an extra grand

Old 04-19-2012, 08:33 PM
gleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to beholdgleek48 is a splendid one to behold
Agree with the 991 PSE being almost mandatory. My drive home tonight after a long day at work was made a lot better by the sound with PSE pulling out of the parking garage. What a sound. IMO it sounds much, much better than any other PSE I had on my 997.1 or .2. BTW the .2 PSE was the tamest of the bunch.