Ordering a new Carrera S 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 05:05 PM
OG911 is on a distinguished road
Ordering a new Carrera S 991

Hello!

I put an order on my car with a reasonable deposit. the car is scheduled for november production and will be delivered in january 2013.

My dealer mentioned that i could still change the order until locking it in September.

these are the specs on the car

White. 911 on the back. parking sensors. porsche classic wheels with coloured porsche crests.folding mirrors.

Dynamic lights in black( its an option available for australian market)

PDK. SPORTS CHRONO. SPORT EXHAUST. POWER STEERING PLUS.

Black leather interior 14 way seats. porsche crest on head rests. paddle shifters

Bose system( no cost option on australia)

Metal sunroof not glass

I am thinking of the following changes and would appreciate any input and advise

1. changing the colour to platinum silver and deleting the black dynamic head lights just dynamic lights in their factory colour .

2.getting the steering wheel with multifunctions. i sold my carrera 4s 2010 to the dealer and it has multifunction steering wheel and currently i got a golf gti with multifunction steering wheel. i am so used to it and starred getting worried about loosing that functionality. how do you change menus on the screen in front of you ? is it worth keeping paddle shifters and adding voice control?

i really like the look of the steering wheel with paddle shifters . if i have to change it multifunction then i might choose the steering wheel with carbon ( its an option combined with heated steering wheel)

3. SPASM.... is it worth adding the 20 mm lower suspension . my dealer is not encouraging me to add it.

4. having the whole lot on the back 911 carrera s . i wish there is an option of only carrera s.

5. Is it worth adding adaptive 18 way seats ?

6. I really like the idea of glass sunroof but every time i build the car on the configurator it doesn't look right with either white or platinum silver

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Once i lock the order in September there will be no room for me to change anything .

I have never been so undeceive like this before!

Old 07-07-2012, 05:37 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OG911
Hello!

1. changing the colour to platinum silver and deleting the black dynamic head lights just dynamic lights in their factory colour .

4. having the whole lot on the back 911 carrera s . i wish there is an option of only carrera s.

6. I really like the idea of glass sunroof but every time i build the car on the configurator it doesn't look right with either white or platinum silver
I have the Platinum Silver and love it. You should know, however, it is not the typical silver car as it has a platinum tint. I had a silver 997S and I like this better.

I recommend just PORSCHE above 911. I have that and it's nice and clean. It says Carrera in a lot of other places on the car.

I would think the glass sunroof would go great with the Platinum Silver.

Have fun! You will love whatever you finally choose.

ChuckJ

Old 07-07-2012, 05:51 PM
BrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud ofBrandonH has much to be proud of
car is scheduled for november production and will be delivered in january 2013.
November ?!....why so far out?

Old 07-08-2012, 04:54 AM
Hey

Thats the allocation i got from porsche dealership here

Old 07-08-2012, 06:34 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
Hey

Thats the allocation i got from porsche dealership here
Be happy.
I ordered my "S" just over two months ago here in South Africa, paid my deposit.

I don't even have an allocation yet. Dealer says they are completely in the dark until they get word from Germany. Even that they recon takes three months.

Sometimes I feel I should have just taken the R8 and be done with it...

Rainier

Old 07-08-2012, 06:59 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
"2.steeringwheel with multifunctions"-- I had MFN before and now sport. I would do MFN because I prefer the volume control and selector buttons on the steering wheel instead of reaching for the buttons on the PCM. Additionally they have changed the location of some of the buttons on the PCM which makes them, IMHO, inconvenient to use while driving (e.g., the back button). I prefer the shifting functions built into the MFN but people get hard core about having L/R paddles instead of two way shift buttons on each side of the wheel.

"is it worth keeping paddle shifters and adding voice control?"-- I had VC before and am thinking of adding it. It is much easier in the new PCM to scroll a list to select a name for phone function than before (the list in the upper right ****pit window instead of having to look at the PCM display), but I prefer just hitting the stalk button and saying a name. Additionally, with the MFN wheel it is easier to accept and hang up calls as well as change volume during a call.

"3. SPASM.... is it worth adding the 20 mm lower suspension."-- depends on the look you prefer as well whether you have any street/driveways that are too valley-ish and would cause you problems. I find with the non-lowered suspension that I have issues from time to time and wouldn't want to worry about scraping even more.

edit-- Ha, ha. Sorry about ****pit. I didn't know the forum auto sensors normal words that are composed of potentially offensive words. How about "Instrument Cluster" instead!

Last edited by jster; 07-08-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:01 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rainier
Be happy.
I ordered my "S" just over two months ago here in South Africa, paid my deposit.

I don't even have an allocation yet. Dealer says they are completely in the dark until they get word from Germany. Even that they recon takes three months.

Sometimes I feel I should have just taken the R8 and be done with it...

Rainier
It's a long process, but worth the wait. I am sympathetic with your wait having just done that (ordered in Nov, arrived in June), and as much as it seems like an unnecessary amount of time and a less than reasonable amount of communication in the end, it does seem to happen in the end.

ChuckJ
PS: Perhaps they think of it as making a child. If that's the case, the least they could do would be to give us a sonogram!

Old 07-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
ChuckJ
PS: Perhaps they think of it as making a child. If that's the case, the least they could do would be to give us a sonogram![/QUOTE]

And a kiss.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Sc00ter is on a distinguished road

White. 911 on the back. parking sensors. porsche classic wheels with coloured porsche crests.folding mirrors.

Black leather interior 14 way seats. porsche crest on head rests. paddle shifters

Metal sunroof not glass

I am thinking of the following changes and would appreciate any input and advise

2.getting the steering wheel with multifunctions. i sold my carrera 4s 2010 to the dealer and it has multifunction steering wheel and currently i got a golf gti with multifunction steering wheel. i am so used to it and starred getting worried about loosing that functionality. how do you change menus on the screen in front of you ? is it worth keeping paddle shifters and adding voice control?

i really like the look of the steering wheel with paddle shifters . if i have to change it multifunction then i might choose the steering wheel with carbon ( its an option combined with heated steering wheel)

3. SPASM.... is it worth adding the 20 mm lower suspension . my dealer is not encouraging me to add it.

Once i lock the order in September there will be no room for me to change anything .

I have never been so undeceive like this before!
My opinion :
1. Keep the white colour, with the black lights will look sick.
2.Paddle shift, you will enjoy it more. Controls are very easy to access / answer the phone , increase volume ,etc. The console with all buttons is way closer compared to the 997, so way easier to access.
3. PASM --- is really personal. I love it, but not everybody does. You know you will lose in terms of comfort but gain in stability.If you track it...it's a +
4. Only PORSCHE available for north American market. Don;t know Australia. But you could remove after the PORSCHE lettering, you know is not complicated.
5.Again,very personal choice, try them out. I like the 18" but the 14" are not bad at all, and are easier to get into the car.
6. I love the glass sunroof. But watch out, there is a hold for this option for the moment. Your production will be delayed if you order it. Don't know for how long.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks to all of you.

Cheers

Old 07-13-2012, 08:30 AM
Royalton will become famous soon enoughRoyalton will become famous soon enough
Ok heres how to go

Stay with white, it shows better on a coupe, and given he Australian hot sun, it will deflect the heat more, Paaddle shifters a must! Made the mistake of getting a new 2010 off the showroom floor, had buttons, never felt right, as I was coming out of a Bentley GTC that had the paddles, Paddles are ESSENTIAL. On the 991 there are controls on he steering wheel stalk that fulfill the same objectives and work fine. a black surround for the lights might look cheap, especially in gloss, stick with the white. Forget the Bose, do Burmeister if you appreciate your music...Bose Is ok but Burmeister is INCREDIBLE and for whAt your paying in Australia You better get it. Get the full Porsche Carrera S, then have the dealer remove the logos you dont want, or order it blank, and have the aftermarket Carrera S put on. Steel sunroof liiks better with those colors. The black painted full leather is ok, but I opted for the Espresso, and now this Porsche is more tailored like my Bentleys, The black has a very standard cardboard feel, I had it in the 2010, and feel the same about the new ones, Crests are great as well, and think about the model type on the center console, it looks great. As for wheels, HRE P40 SC in black, or Porsche OEM in Mat Black, may give You the contrast in a white car that Your looking for, I live in Singapore as well as NY, so I understand the pricing, We pay $140 in NYC, and $700 in Singapore, which is why I opt for taxis, when Im there! Best of luck and enjoy, Your getting the best Porsche ever! Royalton btw The 18 way seats feel great, but the rear are a silver plastic, not the full leather found on the 14 way,

Carrara White
Espresso natural leather interior
PDK
Sport Chrono package
Model Logo on center Console
Porsche crest in Headrests
Sport design steering wheel
HRE p40 SC Satin Black Wheels
Burmeister (R) Audio Package
Premium package with 14 way seats
Cabriolet roof in black

I put an order on my car with a reasonable deposit. the car is scheduled for november production and will be delivered in january 2013.

My dealer mentioned that i could still change the order until locking it in September.

Metal sunroof not glass

I have never been so undeceive like this before![/QUOTE]

Last edited by Royalton; 07-13-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:06 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Platinum Silver, The SD apron will be absolutely a must on my next order, it takes care of the "happy Frog face" in the 991, looks very agressive in the flesh.

Attached Images  

Last edited by galion; 07-13-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:51 AM
BnB
BnB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by galion
Platinum Silver, The SD apron will be absolutely a must on my next order, it takes care of the "happy Frog face" in the 991, looks very agressive in the flesh.
I like the happy frog face!!

Old 07-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Royalton will become famous soon enoughRoyalton will become famous soon enough
Heres a picture of mine for reference, its a Cab though...

enjoy! JJ

Attached Images  
Old 07-13-2012, 04:35 PM
Rocket_boy has a spectacular aura aboutRocket_boy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BnB
I like the happy frog face!!
I concur, the SD front looks waaaaay over done, like someone beat it with an ugly stick.

I also voted for the MF wheel,...after several test drives I loved the expanded capacity of it with the new car, and you know what?....the thumb paddles are actually not that bad, just have to get used to them a bit. And I like that you can do both up and down shifts with either, does come in handy sometimes.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordering a new Carrera S 991