Discount on 2013 911 build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 11:50 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
newbie911 is infamous around these partsnewbie911 is infamous around these parts
Discount on 2013 911 build

Actual discount is 8.625% on new 911 build. Moderate options for msrp of about 99k.

Last edited by newbie911; 10-14-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Help others in negotiations
Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Approx 5%

Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 PM
DocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to all
I researched lots of post before my order and found that the discounts are very region-specific. Some people can get 4 to 6% with no haggling and others had to play hardball.
I got three dealerships in a bid for my business and got 5.25% after 3 days of haggling. The initial conversations from all three places were identical "we don't discount these cars because they are new and demand is greater than supply."
In DFW where I live, 2 to 3 % is more typical on builds, while much higher discounts on their inventory can be had.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Dangerois will become famous soon enoughDangerois will become famous soon enough
I concur with Doc

In Chicago 3 to 4% is fairly standard for builds

Old 10-08-2012, 02:04 PM
newbie911 is infamous around these partsnewbie911 is infamous around these parts
Delete

Last edited by newbie911; 10-10-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
zhecks is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by newbie911
So 9% is a great discount on a new build!
Can you confirm if you do get 9%? I am looking into one soon. Sometimes, it depends on how heavy is the option list. Is your order a very heavy option car?

Old 10-08-2012, 02:25 PM
DocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to allDocMalone is a name known to all
Thumbs up

I am very impressed with 9% discount. That would only happen on stock inventory in Texas from all the info I can gather. I may be moving to your location!!

Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
I got 7% on my dealer's first C4S allocation, but we have been good customers of theirs for nearly 20 years.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Desperate dealer?

I may digress and my apologies for it but at the risk of sounding as though I'm batting on the dealers side I'll state my feelings every time a discount related thread pops up. Btw no disrespect to the OP.

I live in a rural area and my dealer is the only one in a small city. I am super happy that they are in business and provide a terrific service and employ some very talented individuals. I have dealt with them for a number of years and never ask for a discount but am always offered one. It is always fair and varies between 4-6%. I never haggle and want an experience where everyone finds the transaction beneficial and pleasurable.

The point that I want to make is that "a great deal" is very subjective and directly linked to "at what cost?". Do you want a dealer to be profitable and remain in business? Do you want exceptional service? You get my point... IMO all of those are things I am willing to pay a bit more for which can be justified by way of a reduced discount.

Therefore the focus should be on what's "a fair price".

Sorry for the banter.... nope I am not a dealer. I'm only stating how I expect to be treated by those I work with and for.

Last edited by Haku; 10-08-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:00 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Are you asking or stating your position?

Old 10-08-2012, 03:07 PM
mtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond reputemtony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Haku
Desperate dealer?

I may digress and my apologies for it but at the risk of sounding as though I'm batting on the dealers side I'll state my feelings every time a discount related thread pops up. Btw no disrespect to the OP.

I live in a rural area and my dealer is the only one in a small city. I am super happy that they are in business and provide a terrific service and employ some very talented individuals. I have dealt with them for a number of years and never ask for a discount but am always offered one. It is always fair and varies between 4-6%. I never haggle and want an experience where everyone finds the transaction beneficial and pleasurable.

The point that I want to make is that "a great deal" is very subjective and directly linked to "at what cost?". Do you want a dealer to be profitable and remain in business? Do you want exceptional service? You get my point... IMO all of those are things I am willing to pay a bit more for which can be justified by way of a reduced discount.

Sorry for the banter.... nope I am not a dealer. I'm only stating how I expect to be treated by those I work with and for.
I'm thinking about ordering a new 991 CS and will probably shop around the neighboring states, since there's not much competition nearby. Would you mind telling me what dealer you use? Thanks!

Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mtony
I'm thinking about ordering a new 991 CS and will probably shop around the neighboring states, since there's not much competition nearby. Would you mind telling me what dealer you use? Thanks!
I'm sending you a PM.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:38 PM
mdc
mdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond reputemdc has a reputation beyond repute
I'm only stating how I expect to be treated by those I work with and for.
I am with you on this one. ; } We all approach this differently, but I am happy for those that can get it at a great price too.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by zhecks
Can you confirm if you do get 9%? I am looking into one soon. Sometimes, it depends on how heavy is the option list. Is your order a very heavy option car?

Delete

Last edited by newbie911; 10-10-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Desperate dealer?

I don't think my dealer would have sold the car to me if it wasn't at a "fair price". They certainly don't sell at a loss AND they are counting on the huge profits I will bring them in service fees.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Discount on 2013 911 build