3.4/3.8 DFI supercharger kit ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gitongisip
IMO, if we will spend more money to make our car faster, we could have gotten a faster Carrera model. Carrera S should satisfy our needs for everyday use. Plus it has enough power to take it to the track whenever we desire to do so. I myself bought it just to drive it once in a while. Honestly, just looking at it in my garage gives me joy and satisfaction. If women likes Jewelry, men likes their 911's.
^ Totally agree.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I grew up racing in the 60s. So I thought you could never have too much power. Boy was I wrong. In 2006 I ordered a new 2007 Corvette from my neighbor who owned the local Chevrolet dealership. I put a supercharger a different cam, heads,headers, intake system. Then it needed to have the trans and rear end beefed up and wider rear wheels and tires. It was a never ending project and it made way too much power. It was usless and wouldn't hook up until you were in 3rd gear. It was alot of fun and faster than the Super Stock cars from the 60s but as a street car to drive it was down right dangerous. It ended up making over 700 hp.
Keep your Porsche the way it came and enjoy it for what it is.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:44 PM
blackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond repute
Modding cars is fun because it can be challenging either as a DIY or thru a tuner. The ONLY problem is that once you start it NEVER ends!!!!

Old 06-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by blackbull
Modding cars is fun because it can be challenging either as a DIY or thru a tuner. The ONLY problem is that once you start it NEVER ends!!!!
So true! Lol!

Old 06-18-2013, 03:11 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rainier
It does, doesn't it ?

I have never taken the GT3 seriously (the new one) as I know it's not for me. I need the rear seats for starters.
I have taken the Turbo S seriously but am having second thoughts. My opinion is now that I will probably not like it enough over my 991 C2S to warrant the additional hefty price. But I shall certainly take it for a test drive.

Honestly, I took the C2S for a long drive yesterday on all sorts of varying roads and driving conditions and traffic - and you know what ? I have come to slightly suspect that this thing is the best car ever ! It just does everything. And it does it well.

My original query is based on the availability of such kits for the 997.1 and they seemingly are well worth the fairly moderate cost.

Rainier
But if I remember correctly, you're an airplane guy and you know there is no substitute for power!

ChuckJ

Old 01-20-2015, 12:44 AM
dxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud of
BUMP!
I want to know if there is a kit released or not

Old 01-20-2015, 07:49 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rainier

Honestly, I took the C2S for a long drive yesterday on all sorts of varying roads and driving conditions and traffic - and you know what ? I have come to slightly suspect that this thing is the best car ever ! It just does everything. And it does it well.

Rainier

I feel exactly the same way about my C2S, Rainier: the car never fails to please me.

As for that low-end adrenaline rush that I crave every so often, I just picked this new toy up. I intend to have a Procharger installed, which will put the car into the low ten-second bracket. Best of both worlds: Porsche precision for the ultimate driving experience and Dodge's brute force for those days when I'm craving white-knuckles.