sport techno vs classic wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:40 AM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
sport techno vs classic wheels

i originally really like the carrera classic wheels on my c2s cab order. but after seeing the sport technos (albeit not on a plat silver 991), i'm strongly considering changing. anyone seen or have this combo? any comments on the look?

thanks,

Old 11-20-2012, 12:12 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by oldman40
i originally really like the carrera classic wheels on my c2s cab order. but after seeing the sport technos (albeit not on a plat silver 991), i'm strongly considering changing. anyone seen or have this combo? any comments on the look?

thanks,
Here you go:
http://www.autogespot.com/porsche-99...012/11/18#img2

With PS, I like the Carrera Classics + 5mm spacers.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:40 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Carrera Classics get my vote.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
With Sport Techno wheels you get extra 1/2" width on each wheel. This is more than the 5mm spacers would give you. Also, rear tires are 305 not 295 as on the other wheel options.

John in Vancouver

Old 11-20-2012, 01:58 PM
opnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond reputeopnielsen has a reputation beyond repute
I got the sport technos on my car and I love them, I know it's not the color combo you are looking for but here is a couple of pics

Attached Images    
Old 11-20-2012, 03:09 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
My Plat silver looked strange with the Sport Techno wheel, so I replaced them with the Carrera Classics.

I really does depend on the color of the car, as Opnielsen has clearly demonstrated with his fine specimen shown above.

Last edited by dux; 11-21-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:39 AM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
Sport Techno

Sport Techno wheels for me, painted to match the car in Basalt Black. As a bonus, they're the easiest wheels I've ever cleaned, especially the inside. Plenty of clearance for you hand / brush / rag, even around the calipers.

Name:  DSC_0001.jpg
Views: 4370
Size:  119.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0085.jpg
Views: 4574
Size:  103.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0087.jpg
Views: 4809
Size:  90.8 KB

Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 AM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
As much as I love the Carrera Classics, the Sport Technostress look incredible on both cars above. It looks like it really does depend on the exterior color you choose.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 AM
oldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond reputeoldman40 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dux
My Plat silver looked strange with the Sport Techno wheel, so I replaced them with the Carrera Classics.

I really does depend on the color of the car, as Opnielsen has clearly demonstrated with his fine specimen shown above.

i agree, the wheels look great with opnielsen's darker exterior, but not so striking with the plat silver pics. leaning back toward the classics. thanks.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:29 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Snowczar
With Sport Techno wheels you get extra 1/2" width on each wheel. This is more than the 5mm spacers would give you. Also, rear tires are 305 not 295 as on the other wheel options.

John in Vancouver
Perfectly right. When I am running my Carrera Classic set, I have 14mm spacers at the rear and 5mm at the front to get them as flush as what you would get with the Sport Techno wheels. If running flush with wider rear tires matter to you, go for the Sport Techno... or after market wheels that will offer a whole range of different offset options.

I agree that the silver Sport Techno do not look great with Platinum silver. They surely work better on a darker car (see Opnielsen's pics!)

Old 11-21-2012, 10:56 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Sport Techno wheels are gorgeous. If your body color supports it then the ST's with insides in black.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:09 PM
next question: classics with wheel factory wheel spacers--any fans or critics? dramatic difference or only subtle?

Old 11-21-2012, 06:19 PM
TOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really niceTOPorschefan is just really nice
Agreed with all the comments-sport techno look amazing on dark color 991's such as the ones above. Classic looks great on PS but techno not so much in my opinion.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:15 AM
EnriqueCK is on a distinguished road
Can't go wrong with either!

Old 11-23-2012, 02:11 AM
Sidney1 has a spectacular aura aboutSidney1 has a spectacular aura about
Hi!

There is nothing wrong with this combo .. I like it :

Best regards
Gregor

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: sport techno vs classic wheels