991 Cabriolet SmartTop self-install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 08:27 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JamesKen
Thanks I don't have keyless entry and drive but thought that might be it.
Have you tried lowering the top with the door handle yet? It is pretty cool as well

Old 06-19-2014, 08:31 AM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
You have to have keyless entry and drive to do that.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:34 PM
rizzoach has much to be proud ofrizzoach has much to be proud ofrizzoach has much to be proud ofrizzoach has much to be proud ofrizzoach has much to be proud ofrizzoach has much to be proud ofrizzoach has much to be proud ofrizzoach has much to be proud ofrizzoach has much to be proud ofrizzoach has much to be proud of
Hello I had my installer do this. He had to leave the top open halfway for awhile to do the install. Once he went to close the roof now it's throwing a top open fault and now the back cover won't close or latch manually. He could get the top closed manulally but the cover doesn't have a manual override. So now we are only left with getting a box trailer to tow it to a dealer. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it all closed so we can take it to the dealer and have them fix the fault code?

thanks

Old 12-23-2015, 10:18 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rizzoach
Hello I had my installer do this. He had to leave the top open halfway for awhile to do the install. Once he went to close the roof now it's throwing a top open fault and now the back cover won't close or latch manually. He could get the top closed manulally but the cover doesn't have a manual override. So now we are only left with getting a box trailer to tow it to a dealer. Anyone have any ideas on how to get it all closed so we can take it to the dealer and have them fix the fault code?

thanks
Remove the Smart Top module and put back to stock. Let the car 'rest' for 5 minutes so the CanBus shuts completely off. Then you should be able to cycle the top.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:03 PM
rogersarenpa is on a distinguished road
I just had my dealer install the smart top in my 2015 Targa yesterday. I do like to DIY on most things except electronic. They did a perfect job and only charged $100. I have not been feeling too good lately-I had a stroke last week during the placement of a coronary stent. Now i have a bad cold. It is taking some time to learn the controls of the smart top. At the store i put the top up and the windows were still down-could not close the windows-i have since figured how to do with the remote.

Old 03-31-2016, 11:07 AM
teambell is on a distinguished road
Thanks for this great thread! Is the preferred location for the smarttop still velcro to the silver box (PASM controller)? I just wanted to make sure, mine comes today and will be installing this weekend!