EZ Pass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Lostturbo has a spectacular aura aboutLostturbo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Why would they hassle you about the front plate transponder, especially if they are providing you with it? Unless you are saying you painted the front plate transponder?
I think they are talking about the LACK of a front plate...

Old 01-20-2013, 10:06 PM
Zmoney is on a distinguished road
Can't you just hold it up to the windshield when you pass thru the toll?

Old 01-21-2013, 01:34 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zmoney
Can't you just hold it up to the windshield when you pass thru the toll?
I suppose you could, but that would be a real pain if you are doing it everyday and would get tiresome fast, for me anyway . . .

Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brianja

I have found a front plate bracket that will not put any holes in the face of the front bumper, though. I will use that one the time comes. It is from Skene Design. It seems very well made and designed (and their customer service has been great as well). It will also allow me to unscrew and remove the front plate if I want to for photos without leaving any visible holes.
Wish I had known about Skene earlier. Now I need to do 2 more purchases, one from Skene and the other from BumperPlugs!

Old 01-21-2013, 08:56 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Very innovative!!!

ChuckJ
Brian:

PS: I heard they changed the law in Texas that you don't need a front license plate. Right now I'm not displaying mine either, but do you know if that's a fact?

ChuckJ

Old 01-21-2013, 06:57 PM
gtfearons is on a distinguished road
here in ma we need to run front plates unless you have an old green plate which only requires one. I have one but its not on the 911 yet. I did get this really cool bracket that goes into the tow hook hole on front bumper. I just keep plate in trunk mounted to bracket and have had no issues. I need to put on for yearly inspection sticker. I was stopped and said I just took off to wash car....replaced and and was on my way....removed it and stored in trunk when I got home...

Old 01-22-2013, 08:49 AM
jmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to alljmmk is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Brian:

PS: I heard they changed the law in Texas that you don't need a front license plate. Right now I'm not displaying mine either, but do you know if that's a fact?

ChuckJ
When they re-wrote the law they made a mistake and left the requirement out of the new law. Legally, they can't enforce it but they intend to amend it when the legislature is back in session.

You did know, didn't you, that the Texas legislature does not meet every year, just every other year. Enjoy your time without front plates.

In reality, most areas of Texas don't care about front plates. Austin does, Dallas doesn't. I've been stopped three times since 1970 and there was never a fine on the ticket, just a reminder.

Old 01-22-2013, 05:15 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
How odd in a state concerned over government intrusion into individual rights.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:02 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rnl
How odd in a state concerned over government intrusion into individual rights.
In my 27 years of living in Texas, I can't say I see any concern with intrusion into individual rights to any great extent. The best thing the legislature does is not meet and mess things up, keeping taxes low.

ChuckJ

Old 01-23-2013, 05:49 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
the impression I have from listening to your governor's speeches is that be wants to leave the union because of government intrusion. Well I guess you can't believe everything you hear. Sorry

Old 01-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by rnl
the impression I have from listening to your governor's speeches is that be wants to leave the union because of government intrusion. Well I guess you can't believe everything you hear. Sorry
Yea, he's said some wild things for his base so he could run for president, but that didn't go so well if you saw the debates. He does give contracts to many of his contributors, but that and gerrymandering is about the only thing he's got the power to do.

ChuckJ

Old 01-23-2013, 06:49 PM
rnl
On ok. I sort of enjoyed his contribution to last year's traveling circus albeit brief appearances. I look forward to more comedy and from today's hearings I anticipate that the entertainment will start again real soon. I apologize for not understanding

Old 01-23-2013, 06:55 PM
Will be getting a license plate transponder in a week or two. Will send pics once I get it installed.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:18 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Where does everyone mount their EZ Pass? I hate seeing it anywhere on the windshield -- it is so ugly on such a beautiful car.

Any clever solutions?

Will transponder pick it up if left in the cab, like somewhere on the passenger seat (ie on the back of the headrest).
I always keep it in the center console, and pull it out only when I need it. i'd rather not stick it on the windshield.