Anyone ever deal with Newport Porsche in California?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:41 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by scatkins
Horrible initial experience with Power/Newport Beach, CA

They are closest to me in orange county, CA so I figured it wouldn't matter since I'm ordering... My "attempted" experience was via initial internet contact and I'm pretty sure these guys loose a ton of business and don't even realize it...

When I did my initial contact via one of the sites (I think it was Edmunds or one of the others) I ended up getting replies from Newport beach, Walters in Riverside and Circle in Long beach (all southern California)..

Circle and Walters contacted me within the hour.. After a couple of days, someone name "Twe" finally emailed me.. Was completely clueless... didn't answer any of my most basic of questions.. What answers I got were incomplete and partial and after a couple of days of waiting.. Finally when I was fed up waiting, I emailed a basic question for the second time, and eventually got a email back saying she was off for a few days.

All the other dealers quickly gave me basic numbers on % discount off of MSRP.. She wouldn't even share ballpark pricing and when she finally did it was a joke..... Her lack of interest in someone buying a $120K car astounded me...

What cemented my opinion is that I got a follow up email from the general manager asking how I was treated.. And of course I was honest about being left hanging.. And didn't even ever hear back.. So that kind of tells you the attention to customers. And I have to tell you I'm not particularly demanding or high maintenance. Just asking basic questions and price..

So, from that perspective I can only assume that Power/Newport Beach is poorly managed... So I personally will never set foot again there, sales or service.. even though it is 5 miles from my house..

I've been dealing with Walters in Riverside (which is about 50 mile drive and horrible to get to from where I am during peak hours) and have been treated absolutely wonderful.. No pressure, easy going experience.. and a first for me is that I have actually enjoyed the experience (Bob Caruso has been helping me and so far I give the experience an "A").

So even though it is a pain to drive out there for me... I've found the sales experience so far really good (And I hate car dealer experience normally).

I realize it is all anecdotal.... but my $.02...
Take the toll road up the 133 to Walters and you will make it in a breeze...

Old 08-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
I bought 2 Turbos from Walters... the drive is not an issue when it comes to 150k cars- the experience is.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:11 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frank69m
Take the toll road up the 133 to Walters and you will make it in a breeze...

Lol, the 133 isn't the problem.. It's when you get to the 91 east.. It's a 2 hour ordeal during rush hour... I usually sneak out of work about 1 pm to miss the traffic.

For service I'll need to figure something else out.. Long Beach I suppose is an option.. But I'm thinking I may find a good local independent to take care of the all the routine and non-warranty stuff.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
I've bought five Porsche's from Newport and they've always been great to deal with.

Their sales team makes the buying experience easy, and their service team is very knowledgeable.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:28 AM
dr bit will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CALGUY
Was that "Power Porsche" in Newport? I have been there while visiting NPB I needed the service people to check out something on my 2012 997.2 Turbo S. They drove it into the shop and attended to it immediately. So the service people seemed pretty knowledgeable. I do admit though I was looking little scuffed up (unshaved, baseball hat, ripped jeans and very old Nikes) and walked around the showroom while they were checking out my car. I happen to be looking at a 2013 Turbo S cab in the showroom. Again I not looking too pristine. So a sales guy comes up to me and asks me what I needed. Not if he could help me. So I guess based on my appearance it was evident that he thought I was lost and why I was there as opposed to if I was a potential buyer. I just told him I am OK and didn't need any help. However after he walked away just to **** him off I open the door on the cab even though the top was down. He looked back at me as if I was going to steal the car.
I visited NPB 3 weeks ago, I was jogging, passed by Porsche agency, they had a car like the one I ordered in Mexico, I had never seen on physically with the same combination (mahogany / beige), I was taking photos w my phone, when this sales man came out and started looking at me not in a nice way, I told him about my car, then I entered and saw all the cars inside.
Next day I came back with my wife to show her the car I ordered (she helped me choose the colors), saw I wanted her to see the real thing, then I went back to see the rest of the cars again, the sales man told to my wife : how can you stand him? He came yesterday and did exactly the same....

Old 08-29-2013, 01:32 AM
dr bit will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by CALGUY
Was that "Power Porsche" in Newport? I have been there while visiting NPB I needed the service people to check out something on my 2012 997.2 Turbo S. They drove it into the shop and attended to it immediately. So the service people seemed pretty knowledgeable. I do admit though I was looking little scuffed up (unshaved, baseball hat, ripped jeans and very old Nikes) and walked around the showroom while they were checking out my car. I happen to be looking at a 2013 Turbo S cab in the showroom. Again I not looking too pristine. So a sales guy comes up to me and asks me what I needed. Not if he could help me. So I guess based on my appearance it was evident that he thought I was lost and why I was there as opposed to if I was a potential buyer. I just told him I am OK and didn't need any help. However after he walked away just to **** him off I open the door on the cab even though the top was down. He looked back at me as if I was going to steal the car.
I visited NPB 3 weeks ago, I was jogging, passed by Porsche agency, they had a car like the one I ordered in Mexico, I had never seen one physically with the same combination (mahogany / beige), I was taking photos w my phone, when this sales man came out and started looking at me not in a nice way, I told him about my car, then I entered and saw all the cars inside.
Next day I brought my wife to show her the 991 like the one We ordered (she helped me choose the colors), so I wanted her to see the real thing, not just in the Configurator, then I went back to see the rest of the cars again, the sales man told to my wife : how can you stand him? He came yesterday and did exactly the same....

Old 08-29-2013, 03:29 AM
genpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nice
Horrible initial experience with Power/Newport Beach, CA

They are closest to me in orange county, CA so I figured it wouldn't matter since I'm ordering... My "attempted" experience was via initial internet contact and I'm pretty sure these guys loose a ton of business and don't even realize it...

When I did my initial contact via one of the sites (I think it was Edmunds or one of the others) I ended up getting replies from Newport beach, Walters in Riverside and Circle in Long beach (all southern California)..

Circle and Walters contacted me within the hour.. After a couple of days, someone name "Twe" finally emailed me.. Was completely clueless... didn't answer any of my most basic of questions.. What answers I got were incomplete and partial and after a couple of days of waiting.. Finally when I was fed up waiting, I emailed a basic question for the second time, and eventually got a email back saying she was off for a few days.

All the other dealers quickly gave me basic numbers on % discount off of MSRP.. She wouldn't even share ballpark pricing and when she finally did it was a joke..... Her lack of interest in someone buying a $120K car astounded me...

What cemented my opinion is that I got a follow up email from the general manager asking how I was treated.. And of course I was honest about being left hanging.. And didn't even ever hear back.. So that kind of tells you the attention to customers. And I have to tell you I'm not particularly demanding or high maintenance. Just asking basic questions and price..

So, from that perspective I can only assume that Power/Newport Beach is poorly managed... So I personally will never set foot again there, sales or service.. even though it is 5 miles from my house..

I've been dealing with Walters in Riverside (which is about 50 mile drive and horrible to get to from where I am during peak hours) and have been treated absolutely wonderful.. No pressure, easy going experience.. and a first for me is that I have actually enjoyed the experience (Bob Caruso has been helping me and so far I give the experience an "A").

So even though it is a pain to drive out there for me... I've found the sales experience so far really good (And I hate car dealer experience normally).

I realize it is all anecdotal.... but my $.02...

Yeah the General Manager follow up emails are usually automated. In fact all of the "follow up" emails are automated scripts.

I hit up all the Porsche dealerships in SoCal and I am still getting some of those spam emails.

I ended up going out of state for mine. I got a few dealerships buckle down to the pricing I wanted, but then inventory became an issue--couldn't get the color combo or options I wanted.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:22 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AoshichanX
Yeah the General Manager follow up emails are usually automated. In fact all of the "follow up" emails are automated scripts.

I hit up all the Porsche dealerships in SoCal and I am still getting some of those spam emails.

I ended up going out of state for mine. I got a few dealerships buckle down to the pricing I wanted, but then inventory became an issue--couldn't get the color combo or options I wanted.
Kinda silly that they behave that way... because when you do respond and take the time to give them feedback and they blow you off.. it just gives you an even worse impression of them.....

But that kind of thing just indicates a poorly manged business.. which to me is a red flag, especially with an industry (car sales) where the public tends to have a low trust factor to start with..

You know it's the old.. if you are happy you tell one person.. if you are unhappy you tell 15... let's see I'm at about 11 right now...

Old 08-30-2013, 12:37 AM
advan34i is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AoshichanX

can you PM me the % you got as well? also if you have a contact name? hope you don't mind.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
My experience with Dan Comouche, the Sales Manager, was a very pleasant one. I send all my clients to him directly and he knows not to BS them. As for service, Dennis Codd is the guy I used. I have heard great things about Walters as well. They support our club and their GM is very hands-on. For a good indi...I use Cape Auto Repair down here in SoCal and Hi Tech in Silverlake if in LA. Hi Tech, Koko is my contact, works on Hybrids too. He is extremely knowledgable, a Porsche guy, and we autox together. Hope this helps you guys.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:47 AM
glusc2002 is on a distinguished road
I'm currently dealing with Twee. I've had no issues thus far and we email back and forth multiple times throughout the day on build specifications. She's knowledgeable on the features of the 991 and before the test drive we went through all the features. She even encouraged me to push it on PCH to see how it handles.

Every time I've been there to look at options, colors and test drives, I've had nothing but a good experience. I haven't set my order yet but I'm hoping that in the end, I can continue to boast about my experience.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:21 PM
GrayBlack will become famous soon enough
I dealt with Allison at NB Porsche for my recent purchase. I'd highly recommend her. She's very easy going and knows a lot about the cars.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:27 AM
greenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the roughgreenpdk is a jewel in the rough
I dealt with Matt Gemici at NB. Great experience and very good deal. Purchased my 2013 C2S in March.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Hope she offers you a better % of MSRP than she did me..

Originally Posted by glusc2002
I'm currently dealing with Twee. I've had no issues thus far and we email back and forth multiple times throughout the day on build specifications. She's knowledgeable on the features of the 991 and before the test drive we went through all the features. She even encouraged me to push it on PCH to see how it handles.

Every time I've been there to look at options, colors and test drives, I've had nothing but a good experience. I haven't set my order yet but I'm hoping that in the end, I can continue to boast about my experience.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:25 PM
glusc2002 is on a distinguished road
Hope she offers you a better % of MSRP than she did me..
what did you get?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever deal with Newport Porsche in California?