MT Hold Function

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Dadz911 is on a distinguished road
I have never felt mine even turn on before.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:03 AM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DBYT
I think we all had trouble getting used to it on the first few tries. I stalled mine about 5 times when I first got it. Although it seems unnatural at first, when the Hold light is on, just take you foot off the brake. When you want to take off, just press on the accelerator and slowly release the clutch. The hold will disengage when the clutch bites and you drive off.
Yep, I stalled mine too. Auto-restart at least made it look like I was less of a dork.

I'm totally going to try releasing the brake first - I've just been giving it more gas and 'forcing' it to start without staling. (I mean, it's only been a couple of times so it's no big deal, but your approach sounds correct unlike mine. )

Old 03-18-2013, 11:12 AM
SLVR_BULLIT is on a distinguished road
I just pull it in neutral and then back into gear before taking off. Neutral disables the hold function and if you put it in gear and start letting the clutch out, hold never engages...

Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 PM
SergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the rough
I thin what SLVR BULLIT is referring to works when the Hold function is working properly. The original post was referencing a situation where the Hold function would not disengage no matter what was tried. According to the owner's manual, the Hold function is part of Porsche Stability Management (PSM). If you turn off the PSM function on the center console, that turns off the Hold function (as well as other PSM features). If my Hold function freezes up again, I think I'll try temporarily turning off PSM, and then turning it back on once I'm in gear.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:57 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
The rat b@st@rd Hill Assist stuck on me tonight and it wouldn't release. The car stalled and started three times before I was able to get out of harms way: an overly zealous soccer mom in her giant SUV. All I saw was that ugly chrome grill growing larger and larger in the rear-view mirror.

I'm wondering if anyone discovered a way to override this dopey feature? Even my Jeep Wrangler has a way to bypass the Hill Assist.