I give up...i can't find the right 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 01:12 AM
studlee is on a distinguished road
I give up...i can't find the right 911

I've been looking at all over the west coast on porsche's website under new 911 inventory and i can't find the right one.

the must is:
911 base (24 month lease)
white
black interior
no in glass sunroof
no high gloss alum window trim
20" carrera s wheels
wheels painted platinum

i found a few but it always missing one of my must elements or it has the glass sunroof which i think ruins the look on white...or i find the right one...but it has the alum window trim...which does not match with the platinum paint wheels.

i'm about to just get a guard red then...which is my second color.

i need your support that i'm making the right choice going guard red.

Last edited by studlee; 03-23-2013 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:02 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
If it makes you feel any better, I personally think Guards Red fits the 991 Very well and dare I say it, even better than white But if you have your heart set on white, then wait for the right car, it'll come around.

Old 03-23-2013, 03:54 AM
LotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura about
FWIW, the aluminum trim can be sprayed with black PlastiDip. The PlastiDip can be peeled off at lease turn in.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:19 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Agree with Scottkelly911 wrt the red.

I checked the Tx dealers and couldn't find a white coupe here either. There is one cab for 100K and a coupe for 97K with a lease of $1299. You might have to suffer the time wait with the rest of us and order one.

ChuckJ

Last edited by ChuckJ; 03-23-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:22 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Been there. With the amount of available options, the probabality of finding exactly what you want sitting on a dealer lot is small.

I ended up "settling" on a car w/o sensors which I need as I drive to the City and Burmester. The dealer was able to add aftermarket sensors and rearview camera to solve that issue and I can either live the with Bose (which so far is good for me) or make it better (which I won't on a 2 year lease).

For the exact car, you will need to order, but you can only lock the 2 year lease special for 30 days and run the risk of getting another lease deal. Are you getting "welcome to porsche" credit as well?

If you can find a car that is very close you are going to have to make a decision if you can live with it. Lotf is correct, you can cover the Alum trim.

I think the no sunroof with painted wheels combo will be difficult to find. Remember the base cars are flying off the lot (at least here in the NE) as they are around 1K per month which is a great price for a 2 year lease.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:29 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
did any dealers check whats on the water and if it is spoken for?

Old 03-23-2013, 07:06 AM
gracious_911 is on a distinguished road
you could get the one with the wrong trim
and changing it by ordering from suncoast...?

Originally Posted by studlee
I've been looking at all over the west coast on porsche's website under new 911 inventory and i can't find the right one.

the must is:
911 base (24 month lease)
white
black interior
no in glass sunroof
no high gloss alum window trim
20" carrera s wheels
wheels painted platinum

i found a few but it always missing one of my must elements or it has the glass sunroof which i think ruins the look on white...or i find the right one...but it has the alum window trim...which does not match with the platinum paint wheels.

i'm about to just get a guard red then...which is my second color.

i need your support that i'm making the right choice going guard red.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:31 AM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Guards Red is a great classic choice for the 991. I love mine. Really pops in a sea of drab black, white and shades of gray.

Attached Images     
Old 03-23-2013, 08:10 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Visit a few dealerships and see if anything grabs your attention: you never know.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:38 AM
thanks guys....i have not looked at what is in the pipe line...when talking to the dealers they are only willing to negotiate on cars on the lot.

i've settled on all of my cars all my life...i don't want to settle this time...yet i don't want to miss out on the lease...if this lease ends i will not be getting into a porsche...cant justify paying that much right now.

i thought of plastic dip...how well does it hold up? this seems like the best option right now.

when i return my car at the end of lease....do u think they will notice if i paint the silver rims black or gum metal?

yes...guard red looks lovely...but i attracts too much attention.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 AM
looks awesome!!! i love red too.

do u feel all eye are on you when driving your red 911? i feel it draws too much attention.

Originally Posted by caveatesq
Guards Red is a great classic choice for the 991. I love mine. Really pops in a sea of drab black, white and shades of gray.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 AM
LotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura aboutLotF has a spectacular aura about

i thought of plastic dip...how well does it hold up? this seems like the best option right now.

when i return my car at the end of lease....do u think they will notice if i paint the silver rims black or gum metal?
The plasti dip will work fine. I know Suncoast Porsche sells a Plasti Dip like product to coat wheels. It also peels right off and is gun metal I think. I am only recommending Plasti dip as it's easy to reapply if required and easily removable.

The leasing co would highly prefer you return the car in stock form. When I leased I made sure the minor mods I made were removable and kept the original parts for reinstallation at turn in. I sold or reused mods on the next vehicle as applicable.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:38 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
looks awesome!!! i love red too.

do u feel all eye are on you when driving your red 911? i feel it draws too much attention.
Thanks - It draws attention - but I think that has more to do with it being a 911 and the "new one" at that. My previous gray 997 was not much better at blending in. If you don't want to be noticed, I would suggest something other than a Porsche.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:54 PM
PT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond reputePT Doc has a reputation beyond repute
Can you order a car or mod a car that is just being produced at the factory? Maybe talk with another dealer and see if someone else can be more helpful.

Why have you limited yourself to only the west coast?

Old 03-23-2013, 09:03 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Thats not something a dealer would order for stock too stripped. Either you settle or order.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I give up...i can't find the right 911