Champion Motorsport 991 Carrera Power Kit -- GIAC/Tubi/BMC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Champion Motorsport 991 Carrera Power Kit -- GIAC/Tubi/BMC

We are please to finally announce the release of our long-awaited 991 Carrera power kit! After several months of data-logging, tuning, testing, dyno time, and long hours working with our partners at GIAC, we have finally developed what we believe to be the best power package for the 991 Carrera available today! Our unique partnership with GIAC continues to deliver some of the fastest and most reliable Porsches on the planet today, using only the safest and most advanced tuning and hardware packages on the market. (As shown by our recent 9 second 1/4 turbo S )

We've also spent considerable time with our exclusive exhaust partners at Tubi to develop a full exhaust system that not only sounds fantastic but more importantly, provides a clear and noticeable improvement in power!

The dyno sheet below shows some of the fantastic results were able to see with the GIAC software alone, as well as part of our power kit, which also features a full Tubi exhaust system and BMC performance air filters. On the graph the three stages of upgrades were tested to insure that we saw positive results with each step.
  • The BLACK graphs represent the completely stock 991 Carrera.
  • The BLUE graphs show results from the GIAC software alone.
  • The RED graphs show results of GIAC software, together with the Tubi exhaust and BMC air filters.
Overall, we are extremely pleased with the results! Some features of the power kit include:
  • Peak gains from GIAC software alone of 8-whp and 5-wtq, with increases of up to 15-hp/tq at key rpm ranges.
  • Total gains from full Power Kit of 18-whp and 16-wtq, with increases as high as 20 hp/tq at the WHEELS in key rpm ranges.
  • Increased throttle response
  • Increased redline for perfect timing of shifts
  • OEM drivability
Feel free to contact us or GIAC with any questions you may have!

Final testing is currently underway for our 991 Carrera S software and power kit....stay tuned!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	991 power kit web.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	231546  
Attached Images      
Old 04-12-2013, 07:47 PM
cmb13 is on a distinguished road
Good to know! Do you have any 0-60, 1/4 mile times? Cost?

Old 04-12-2013, 09:27 PM
RyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to allRyanWoon is a name known to all
Very nice.

A stock one is rated at 350hp crank and it's dynoing 320rwhp. That's less than 9% drivetrain loss. Is that normal for a PDK Porsche?

Last edited by RyanWoon; 04-13-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
Cant wait for the c2s kit!

Old 04-13-2013, 03:18 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I agree, hope to see the Carrera S results soon!

Old 04-14-2013, 05:36 PM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
I have been unimpressed with my 3.4 991 since the day I drove off the lot. While I would welcome more power, I would suspect this kit would set me back thousands and for that I may as well have ponyed up the extra $14k for the S and gotten the 3.8 as well as all the other S goodies. I wish there were a reliable small turbo kit that would bolt on the base Carrera that is factory approved and wouldn't void the warranty.

My car is manual tranny. Does that affect the power kit options in any way?

Old 04-14-2013, 06:11 PM
CCns23 has a spectacular aura aboutCCns23 has a spectacular aura about
There's gotta be a GIAC flash you could do that would be relatively cheap and might boost the power a bit. I've found that even in the S you have to keep the revs up and have it in sport + to get the most out of the engine. Yeah, I know, that's how it is with everything. Don't get me wrong the car has PLENTY of power (even the base is no slouch on windy country roads along with the open highway), and does everything I ask of it, but even so I'd still like more. Something tells me the Turbo bug is going to bite HARD in the next year

Old 04-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RyanWoon
Very nice.

A stock one is rated at 350hp crank and it's dynoing 320rwhp. That's less than 9% drivetrain loss. Is that normal for a PDK Porsche?
The car we tested was a 6-Speed Carrera.

Originally Posted by tromero
I have been unimpressed with my 3.4 991 since the day I drove off the lot. While I would welcome more power, I would suspect this kit would set me back thousands and for that I may as well have ponyed up the extra $14k for the S and gotten the 3.8 as well as all the other S goodies. I wish there were a reliable small turbo kit that would bolt on the base Carrera that is factory approved and wouldn't void the warranty.

My car is manual tranny. Does that affect the power kit options in any way?
Well...the total cost of this power kit including the exhaust, flash, and filters is just about $5k....so you're still saving $10k over the cost of an S...

Our power kits are all backed by our Champion Motorsport warranty, which you can find on our website, so there's no need to worry about your factory warranty.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
How much for just the GIAC reflash?

Old 04-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Gene G
How much for just the GIAC reflash?
The flash alone is $1800.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion

Final testing is currently underway for our 991 Carrera S software and power kit....stay tuned!
I am interested. So please keep us updated.

Thanks!!

Old 04-15-2013, 12:05 PM
tromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to beholdtromero is a splendid one to behold
And what about a bolt on turbo or super charge kit? out of the question or in the works? I like the stock exhaust and don't want a loud Tubi and am not sure a reflash would be noticeable. I do note from the graph that there is a significant torque advantage between 2-3500 rpms with the reflash unless I am reading it wrong..

tom have you driven the stock car back to back with the reflash and can you say that there is indeed a noticeable gain which justifies the cost?

Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by tromero
And what about a bolt on turbo or super charge kit? out of the question or in the works? I like the stock exhaust and don't want a loud Tubi and am not sure a reflash would be noticeable. I do note from the graph that there is a significant torque advantage between 2-3500 rpms with the reflash unless I am reading it wrong..

tom have you driven the stock car back to back with the reflash and can you say that there is indeed a noticeable gain which justifies the cost?
To answer your first question about a bolt-on forced induction kit for this car....not going to happen. At least not from us. These engines are just not designed to be boosted. Sure, it can be done...but in my experience, when you add the cost of the "kit" with the cost of the headaches and maintenance you'll experience down the road...you're better off trading up to a Turbo when they're available. I'm just being honest...it's just never cost effective in the long run.

As for this car, I did drive it quite a bit before and after and I can honestly say the difference is noticeable. One of the best things we did was raise the redline slightly. We did this very carefully and very intentionally to make sure that when you upshift into the next gear, the rpm's leave you right in the meat of the torque curve. It's especially noticeable in PDK cars.

Old 06-09-2015, 01:58 PM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
bump for info

Old 03-27-2016, 07:44 AM
thedayet is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
The car we tested was a 6-Speed Carrera. Well...the total cost of this power kit including the exhaust, flash, and filters is just about $5k....so you're still saving $10k over the cost of an S... Our power kits are all backed by our Champion Motorsport warranty, which you can find on our website, so there's no need to worry about your factory warranty.
I'm interested, please PM final
Price for the power kit including the exhaust, flash and filters

Sent from my iPhone using 6SpeedOnline