Broke down today :-(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:46 PM
j080808 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
Be sure to have the underside suspension parts checked - hooking from below is a no-no - always use the tow plug/hook.
+1

Under the rear license plate, there is a tow lug opening, same at the front only covered by the plate.

The driver was either too lazy or didnt know about it.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:29 PM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Don't drive below 100 miles without filling???No way!!!

Old 05-07-2013, 06:06 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kev_song
I just got a call from the service rep. Broken belt and no gas. Happened at the same time. From what I was told Porsche is coming out with a software patch for this issue with the fuel gauge not reading correctly. I was told not to get under 100 DTE until they come out with the fix. Glad it wasn't anything serious but still annoyed. I appreciate everyone's concern on the board!
I'm so happy they found the problem fast for you kev_song! Is this problem isolated to C4s?

ChuckJ

Old 05-07-2013, 06:11 PM
kev_song will become famous soon enoughkev_song will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
I'm so happy they found the problem fast for you kev_song! Is this problem isolated to C4s?

ChuckJ
Hey ChuckJ. Apparently it's a known issue at PCNA. It has to do with the saddle style fuel tank they use with all AWD 991s. It's the 1st my dealer has seen. Porsche is working on a software fix. I will just need to refuel a lot earlier until the patch comes out.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
I've taken my C4S to 90 mile remaining. I will not go any lower. Based upon the handful of posts since the 991 C4S has been released the fuel issue is a real concern. Not too impressed for a car with so much engineering.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Michael_s
I've taken my C4S to 90 mile remaining. I will not go any lower. Based upon the handful of posts since the 991 C4S has been released the fuel issue is a real concern. Not too impressed for a car with so much engineering.
1st time it's happened. I've taken the tank down to empty before with out a problem. I guess I won't risk doing that again.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Hey ChuckJ. Apparently it's a known issue at PCNA. It has to do with the saddle style fuel tank they use with all AWD 991s. It's the 1st my dealer has seen. Porsche is working on a software fix. I will just need to refuel a lot earlier until the patch comes out.
As I said

Old 05-08-2013, 03:11 AM
capjand1 is on a distinguished road
Happened to me as well, just keep filling it up before hitting 1/4 mark.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:42 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fester
As I said
Yes you did!

ChuckJ

Old 05-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Just a quick update to my story. When I called roadside assistance. They did not have my VIN in the system. I thought the lady on the other line didn't know what she was doing. She asked me for the VIN 4xs and I started getting annoyed at her. Not her fault, but all I wanted at that point was a flat bed. I got a call from my dealer yesterday that they never marked the VIN as sold. Hence my 4 year warranty started yesterday. I took delivery over 3 months ago. If I didn't break down I probably could have gone indefinitely without starting my warranty coverage.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:32 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Just a quick update to my story. When I called roadside assistance. They did not have my VIN in the system. I thought the lady on the other line didn't know what she was doing. She asked me for the VIN 4xs and I started getting annoyed at her. Not her fault, but all I wanted at that point was a flat bed. I got a call from my dealer yesterday that they never marked the VIN as sold. Hence my 4 year warranty started yesterday. I took delivery over 3 months ago. If I didn't break down I probably could have gone indefinitely without starting my warranty coverage.
So what did they have to do to fix the gas gauge issue. Was it recalibrated and what caused it (as you had gone past 1/4 before with no issue).

Old 05-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy

So what did they have to do to fix the gas gauge issue. Was it recalibrated and what caused it (as you had gone past 1/4 before with no issue).
Waiting for a software fix until then I'm just going to fill up at a 1/4 tank.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Revival but its pertinent. I think the OP here has had the fix done on his but I unfortunately have not and after 300 miles and with my display saying 35 miles to fill up; my car died out too. What was odd was the warning I got: "reduced engine power" but I had no throttle. I then pulled off to the side and the car would actually turn over but wouldnt start up. Im glad I had read this thread prior to getting my car because I would have had the car flat bedded to the dealer. Instead I just had the tow truck driver put some gas in and now I have an appt set to do the softward upgrade. Its pretty sad that we have to fill up our tanks at 1/4 remaining because we might be stranded.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Vic55
Revival but its pertinent. I think the OP here has had the fix done on his but I unfortunately have not and after 300 miles and with my display saying 35 miles to fill up; my car died out too. What was odd was the warning I got: "reduced engine power" but I had no throttle. I then pulled off to the side and the car would actually turn over but wouldnt start up. Im glad I had read this thread prior to getting my car because I would have had the car flat bedded to the dealer. Instead I just had the tow truck driver put some gas in and now I have an appt set to do the softward upgrade. Its pretty sad that we have to fill up our tanks at 1/4 remaining because we might be stranded.
Vic55, sorry to hear you got stranded as well. I did have the patch applied. I had it done the last week of June. Seems to have fixed the problem, but time will tell. Having to always fill at a 1/4 gave me range anxiety, especially when stuck in traffic on the highway.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Vic55, sorry to hear you got stranded as well. I did have the patch applied. I had it done the last week of June. Seems to have fixed the problem, but time will tell. Having to always fill at a 1/4 gave me range anxiety, especially when stuck in traffic on the highway.
I love using sport plus cause the power band is in the sweet spot and this sucks up gas. I hate the 1/4 tank program- fix coming this week.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Broke down today :-(