Foam Gun and Deionized Water

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 08:59 AM
ArashApollo will become famous soon enoughArashApollo will become famous soon enough
My entire house's water system (including hose and toilet water) goes through reverse osmosis. Would I still need a deionizer?

Also, what foam gun do you guys recommend?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Detroit Shooter is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ArashApollo
My entire house's water system (including hose and toilet water) goes through reverse osmosis. Would I still need a deionizer?

Also, what foam gun do you guys recommend?
Wow really? That must be some unit. My guess is no.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:51 AM
RIndy will become famous soon enough
I use Griot's deionizer. I have basalt black and have washed car with city water that has not been thru softener. The deionizer does not have a meter, so I had to buy separate meter. The total dissolved solids pre-deionizer is 150ppm. I check water after each wash(6 so far) and the reading has been consistent at 5ppm. I love the results so far. Can't imagine washing without. I just use it for rinse cycle but maybe the high TDS is doing some damage during wash.
I use Griot's foam gun. I think it works great. Is it better to rinse off foam prior to wash?

Old 05-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ArashApollo
Nope, RO takes care of it all. I have the same setup - whole house RO. Thing is, just make sure your hose bibs are hooked up to your house supply lines (which are fed by the RO water) and aren't connected to the well output... I am guessing that since you sound certain that the hose water is fed by RO - you're all set.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:00 AM
ArashApollo will become famous soon enoughArashApollo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Scoper
Nope, RO takes care of it all. I have the same setup - whole house RO. Thing is, just make sure your hose bibs are hooked up to your house supply lines (which are fed by the RO water) and aren't connected to the well output... I am guessing that since you sound certain that the hose water is fed by RO - you're all set.
Thanks for the info!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:10 PM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
Same here.

Originally Posted by rnl
So true. However, my wife often remarks that while I am in charge of funding she is the head of acquisitions.
We obviously married sisters!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:33 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
You can buy Pentek water filters from Amazon for a lot cheaper and do the job. I made a 4 filter system from the 10" big blue filter housing and bought the resin direct from CR. I pre-filter the water going to the resin, which greatly extends the life of it. Here's what I have:
4 of these:
Pentek 150469 3/4" #10 Big Blue Filter Housing: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific Pentek 150469 3/4" #10 Big Blue Filter Housing: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

I simply screwed them to a piece of plywood board at the top.

The first filter is a carbon filter:
Pentek CBC-BB Carbon Block Filter Cartridge, 9-3/4" x 4-5/8", 0.5 Micron: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific Pentek CBC-BB Carbon Block Filter Cartridge, 9-3/4" x 4-5/8", 0.5 Micron: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

The second filter is a Sediment filter for possible Carborn residue from the first filter.

Pentek ECP1-BB Pleated Cellulose Polyester Filter Cartridge, 9-3/4" x 4-1/2", 1 Micron: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific Pentek ECP1-BB Pleated Cellulose Polyester Filter Cartridge, 9-3/4" x 4-1/2", 1 Micron: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

The third and forth filters are the resin cartridges from CR. System works really well and the resin lasts the entire year, about 100 washes on all my cars. The other filters last 50,000 gallons of water so I'll probably change them every 5 years. Entire cost is about $300 when including the resin cartridges.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:49 AM
///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough
More info in this foam gun?

Old 05-11-2013, 09:32 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Old 05-11-2013, 01:33 PM
ww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura aboutww007 has a spectacular aura about
Sorry, excuse my ignorance but...

What is the benefit of using a foam gun over simple soap and water and a sponge/towel? Would this be in addition to the sponge/towel?

Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 PM
kev_song will become famous soon enoughkev_song will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ww007

What is the benefit of using a foam gun over simple soap and water and a sponge/towel? Would this be in addition to the sponge/towel?
The idea behind it is to minimize the amount of rubbing that is necessary to wash the paint. You presoak with the foam gun to loosen dirt and lubricate the paint.

Using the foam gun and the 2 bucket method of washing will minimize marring and swirl marks on your finish.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:17 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ww007

http://www.autogeek.net/foam-gun.html

They explain it too

Old 10-27-2013, 11:33 AM
2cardinalalums is on a distinguished road
Old 10-27-2013, 12:00 PM
studlee is on a distinguished road
with foam gun and di water setup can u just soak and rinse in the winter without scrubbing the car and get it relatively clean?

Old 10-27-2013, 12:49 PM
rnl
Originally Posted by studlee
with foam gun and di water setup can u just soak and rinse in the winter without scrubbing the car and get it relatively clean?
I use a highly lathered microfiber cloth and rinse it in two buckets of clear di water.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Foam Gun and Deionized Water