Foam Gun and Deionized Water

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 04:18 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Ups dropped off my new foam gun today. Filled with PS21 wash and used the Deionized water to wet, wash and rinse.

Am I imagining (I already know I'm nuts when it comes to this car) or does using treated water result in a "wetter" slicker look to the car's finish?

Just beat the rain had to move into the garage.

Oh, and my wife did something really useful while I was screwing around with the car.

Attached Images   
Old 05-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Well now we know who makes all the bread in your house.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:36 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
So true. However, my wife often remarks that while I am in charge of funding she is the head of acquisitions.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:56 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Looks like she's the breadwinner to me!

ChuckJ

Old 05-08-2013, 05:59 PM
rnl
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Looks like she's the breadwinner to me!

ChuckJ
😎Yup

Old 05-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
I hope stuffs don't fall on the car...Looks a bit dangerous.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 PM
T.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of light
You will love both items. I have the cr spotless 300 gal system and the pinnical foam gun with DP foam soap. So far I have only used them both twice but really love them. It's true you really don't even have to wipe your car dry. You will have no spotting or any marks of any kind. I have the standard black 991 and you know if something is gonna show its gonna show with that color.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:49 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
I think that there is a 12 step program for you someplace! Or maybe it is only three steps - wash, rinse, repeat.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AG991
I think that there is a 12 step program for you someplace! Or maybe it is only three steps - wash, rinse, repeat.

ChuckJ

Old 05-08-2013, 09:18 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T.O.
You will love both items. I have the cr spotless 300 gal system and the pinnical foam gun with DP foam soap. So far I have only used them both twice but really love them. It's true you really don't even have to wipe your car dry. You will have no spotting or any marks of any kind. I have the standard black 991 and you know if something is gonna show its gonna show with that color.
I have both of these too and love them. I use Meguiars Gold Car Wash Soap (bought at Costco) in my Foam Canon.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:37 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the tip Richard! Learn something new every day. Just ordered a foam gun.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:21 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
If you aren't using deionized water for car washing, you might as well rub sand against the finish. Also have to have a particulate filter trap on you water source. Air or blow dry with leaf blower.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Detroit Shooter is on a distinguished road
That is a bit of an extreme statement. All the reviews I have read say the resin only lasts a few washes. Have any of you reached the point where the resin needs to be replaced?

Old 05-09-2013, 07:30 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Detroit Shooter
That is a bit of an extreme statement. All the reviews I have read say the resin only lasts a few washes. Have any of you reached the point where the resin needs to be replaced?

I have the CS spotless dual filter deionizer. How long the resin lasts is dependent on how hard the water. I have about 40-50ppm in my water. I figure I use about 3-4 gallons of water each wash with wetting the car down, filling the bucket, and rinsing. I can put approx., 800 gallons through the filters before they will have to be changed. I can do atleast 150 washes before changing the resin. The unit I bought thru Costco came with an extra set of resins. I have now been using this current resin since June, 2012. I wash my car weekly and the indicator on the unit shows that the water coming out has no minerals in it at all (reading is 000ppm). Additionally, my detailer told me of a local service that will clean the resin for less than the cost of new resin. So using deionized water is definitely the thing to do especially if you have a black car (I have three of them).

Old 05-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Detroit Shooter is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by lrattner
I have the CS spotless dual filter deionizer. How long the resin lasts is dependent on how hard the water. I have about 40-50ppm in my water. I figure I use about 3-4 gallons of water each wash with wetting the car down, filling the bucket, and rinsing. I can put approx., 800 gallons through the filters before they will have to be changed. I can do atleast 150 washes before changing the resin. The unit I bought thru Costco came with an extra set of resins. I have now been using this current resin since June, 2012. I wash my car weekly and the indicator on the unit shows that the water coming out has no minerals in it at all (reading is 000ppm). Additionally, my detailer told me of a local service that will clean the resin for less than the cost of new resin. So using deionized water is definitely the thing to do especially if you have a black car (I have three of them).
Some reviews report otherwise. My hose bib is straight well water right now. I am going to switch it to softened water. Lets just say I am very good at drying the car very fast!

I am considering one of these but I will try straight softened water first. My car is black.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Foam Gun and Deionized Water