Drove a 458 today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Ask Sabine which she prefers ;-)....

(repost, but worth 7 mins)

Old 06-12-2013, 09:26 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Sabine can drive the Nordschleife with her eyes closed. Her time would've been even quicker had her car been equipped with the PDK.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:27 AM
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Wait until the 960 comes out and we'll then have a true Ferrari-killer.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:28 AM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice
lets hope so.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:16 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
What??? I am speechless. No comment.

Originally Posted by TheJudge
I'll keep my 991s.

Was obviously faster but didn't feel nearly as connected to the road. Had a sort of wobbly feel to it.

The exhaust sounds great but for some reason I prefer the sound and feel of my 991.

Was shocked to feel the 991 is an all around superior car.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:35 AM
gray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud ofgray911 has much to be proud of
A common excuse for most people who cannot afford an Italian.

Originally Posted by TheJudge
I'll keep my 991s.

Was obviously faster but didn't feel nearly as connected to the road. Had a sort of wobbly feel to it.

The exhaust sounds great but for some reason I prefer the sound and feel of my 991.

Was shocked to feel the 991 is an all around superior car.

Old 06-15-2013, 06:54 AM
tx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of lighttx11 is a glorious beacon of light
Ferrari's have been the ultimate toys and 911s are the ultimate Daily Drivers. My Ferrari friends are almost afraid of putting miles on their cars whereas 100k on a 911 is nothing. IMO the new Ferrari's are trying to become daily drivers and I am not sure I like it. I almost prefer the rawness of the Scuderia over the 458 and use a 911 for DD.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:54 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Interesting, indeed. I predict that the PDK will eventually add gears and make the lower gears short for sprints and the extra high gears good for high top speed & better fuel economy. Don't be surprised to see an 8-speed, 9-speed or even 10-speed transmission. Might be a few years, though.

Regardless what EVO had to say about the Jag F-Type, I seriously doubt that their 495-HP top model will beat a Carrera S Cabriolet PDK on any course or even in a standing start drag race. There will be comparison tests coming, to be sure.
+1

Article is spot on though w/ regards to the current marketing/media driven obsession with 'ring times, as though that translates to a good driving experience for the vast majority of potential owners. And we only so recently stopped caring so much about 0-60 and quarter times.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:24 AM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by hothonda
ask sabine which she prefers ;-)....

(repost, but worth 7 mins)

porsche gt3rs sabine schmitz vs ferrari 458 italia ron simons - nurburgring - youtube
KW ftw!

Old 06-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Old 06-15-2013, 06:35 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gray911
Perhaps. But sometimes there is a preference of car, disregarding cost as a factor.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:16 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gray911
Very arrogant post in my opinion.

As someone who actually owns a Ferrari, and is getting a 991 Turbo S, I can tell you there are different needs at different times in one's life.

I am coming up on my dealer's 458 Spider order list in the next 2-3 months, but will be passing and getting on the future list for the next California.

I love my California very, very much. However, I am looking to replace it before I top 10k miles and there is, to me, no reason to order basically the exact same car again. So, a 458 Spider is out as I want to continue to involve my children (3/5) in my car passion. I have no use for a 2 seater only to tell one of my children that daddy is sorry that you can't come with me today.

So, for me a turbo S is an IDEAL alternative. As fast/faster than the 458, and likely years ahead in build quality and all around daily driving duties. Especially with the nicer daily creature comforts like Burmester, PDCC/PTV.

Just my $0.02, but your comment reminds me of why most people don't like Ferrari or Porsche owners. Thoughts and beliefs of elitism.

J

Old 06-16-2013, 07:31 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle

As someone who actually owns a Ferrari, and is getting a 991 Turbo S, I can tell you there are different needs at different times in one's life.

I am coming up on my dealer's 458 Spider order list in the next 2-3 months, but will be passing and getting on the future list for the next California.

I love my California very, very much. However, I am looking to replace it before I top 10k miles and there is, to me, no reason to order basically the exact same car again. So, a 458 Spider is out as I want to continue to involve my children (3/5) in my car passion. I have no use for a 2 seater only to tell one of my children that daddy is sorry that you can't come with me today.

So, for me a turbo S is an IDEAL alternative. As fast/faster than the 458, and likely years ahead in build quality and all around daily driving duties. Especially with the nicer daily creature comforts like Burmester, PDCC/PTV.

Just my $0.02, but your comment reminds me of why most people don't like Ferrari or Porsche owners. Thoughts and beliefs of elitism.

J
Awesome, awesome post.

Old 06-16-2013, 08:52 AM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle

J
Well said.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:53 AM
^^^I'm with the above guys.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drove a 458 today...