From GTR to 991 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 02:27 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Yep a Nissan ! Plus you always live in fear you'll get smoked by another tuned ricer, or worse, that little JUKE Nissan is modding with the Godzilla engine.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:39 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Really? I think it is and will continue to be. On my way home from the dealership I got plenty of head turns, approving nods, thumbs up, and high beams.
They've looked the same for the past 30 years; I see one on the road and never even given it a glance. I observe other people as well when a performance car is around. The head tuners are the true exotics like Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Mclaren and those that aren't seen often like a GT-R or a Lotus or a Nobel...not true exotics but not ubiquitous either.

Originally Posted by Suzy991
Bccars is right. Lambo is a runner up to Porsche and Ferrari... In fact, not even a runner up. I think there are other brands with more stylish cars that fit in between. That's the big difference between Europe and U.S.
In general, most people here in Europe that I know and that are petrolheads don't like cars that look too flashy or have too sharp styling. They like 'em, but only to look at, not to own. Probably one of the reasons why GT-R, Vette, LFA and that kind of cars with an "overdone" styling aren't as popular as they are in the U.S.
Ferreri and Lamborghinis are also flashy, but with the difference that they still have a certain classy (Italian) style (although I'm not a ver big fan, except for the F12).
And his opinion of the GT-R is shared by a lot of people that I know, including myself. Cultural difference??
And what are those "other brands with more stylish cars" of which you speak? If you are going to say Audi, BMW or Benz please just save it because short of an R8 none of them make anything remotely as stylish as a Lambo.

Originally Posted by flyanddive
The one thing I just can't get over, the GTR is a Nissan. I know, badge snob right? Well, you are really buying a badge when you purchase a car, otherwise why not just buy a used Civic and upgrade it?
Thanks for proving my point that I have said all along. The most important reason why many many Porsche owners buy a Porsche is for the badge on the hood. You are one of those. Porsche owners take the cake with feelings of self importance by virtue of the car they drive. I experienced it when I owned each of mine at various car meets. Always looking down their noses at the M3, Vette, Viper and GT-R guys. Sad and funny all at the same time.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by amerlemans

And what are those "other brands with more stylish cars" of which you speak? If you are going to say Audi, BMW or Benz please just save it because short of an R8 none of them make anything remotely as stylish as a Lambo.
Whahah!!! I think I'll better shut my mouth....

Old 08-25-2013, 08:33 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
I don't know about that...I get TONS of looks when I drive my car around. btw that's not why I have the car in the first place. I just like driving, not trying to turn heads. I prefer to move in a stealthy manner.

Oh I think I'd even pick a Lambo over a Ferrari...but of course that's dream land for me.

Cars are about individuality anyway...so of course everybody has their own taste, and that's what makes America great!

Originally Posted by amerlemans
Man you are a laugh a minute. Lambo as a Runner Up to Porsche. Yeah, sure

By the way, many many people think the 911 looks like an upside down bathtub. Your opinion on the looks of the GT-R is just that...yours... and you are entitled to it but I will tell you right now the 911 is no head turner to Joe Public in the United States.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:38 AM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Totally right on this. In the styling of the GT-R I can see lots of 370Z, or maybe it's vice versa. Either way it's a great coupe. But how much does a GT-R weigh? I'm thinking upwards of 3600 lbs??

Originally Posted by 991 C2S
Wow a little debate here...

I love my GTR but it was time to move on, mine have A10 PKG. (1,200HP) a beast or "some kind of animal" if you know what I mean but at the same time lack of some other things...

IMHO the 991 is better in all ways, except that need 200HP more for my taste hehehe, in all other ways (looks, interior, comfort, breaks, ect.) its feels better.

The important thing is that at the end both car are amazing in what they are, Porsche will always be Porsche, and the Godzilla will always be Godzilla

Old 08-25-2013, 08:42 AM
Huh? Corvette interiors are/were complete crap, the gauges look cheap, let's face it they are second tier.

Actually I don't look down on M3, or the NEW Viper.

Thanks for proving my point that I have said all along. The most important reason why many many Porsche owners buy a Porsche is for the badge on the hood. You are one of those. Porsche owners take the cake with feelings of self importance by virtue of the car they drive. I experienced it when I owned each of mine at various car meets. Always looking down their noses at the M3, Vette, Viper and GT-R guys. Sad and funny all at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTSLVR991S
I for one feel a bit different on the gtr's aesthetic standpoint. No, it will not win the design award of the year, nor the jd power whatever quality title. However, as someone else mentioned, it is "polarizing". It's performance is so insane that the exterior styling is fitting to its Godzilla demeanor. It's like a rabid dog with unusual proportions, muscular, hard lines with unmistakable presence. YouTube videos and online pics don't do it justice. When you're two feet away from it on the road driving at whatever speed its going, it's attention grabbing in its own right. And that deserves my respect IMO. I can sit here all day justifying my 991 purchase, but I can't disregard the gtr based on looks alone.

Put simply, I feel the gtr is the type of car to make other cars on the road to get the f*ck outta the way, cause I didn't dress to impress. A mike Tyson so to speak.

On the other hand, a 911 is a bit more like ok, you don't need to move out of the way cause ill just move around you. And I did take a moment to glance at the mirror before I left this morning. A sugar ray Leonard if you will.

In the end, to me both in the game and both highly respectable. Different strokes for.......
Originally Posted by chance6
Didn't seem random to me I guess. I just can't get into the GTR's styling, exterior or interior. I feel like if you have a GTR, you'd better track it, otherwise you're wasting its value. I agree with the OP comment, it wasn't on my radar either, and I could afford it, I guess. I DO question its reliability over time. The car isn't as expensive, and so I'm thinking they cut a few corners somewhere. I don't doubt its technology or its power, but I'm just curious about its reliability.
Oh, value, heck yeah, a Corvette or a GT-R are great for that. So is a Boss 302 Mustang. Oddly I like the Mustang better than the other two. I see too many white-haired men driving Corvettes and I've only seen a few guys driving GT-R's, and of course they are blowing people's doors off to make some kind of statement that they aren't Ferrari.

I remember one day about 4 yrs ago I went with my girlfriend to the Nissan dealer b/c she wanted to test drive a new Altima. I pulled up in my Boxster RS60. I was looking over the GT-R in the showroom when the salesman says "It's faster than your Porsche!!" - see, this is the kind of idiocy I don't want from a salesman. I had a GT silver 3.4 Boxster RS60 with natural red leather interior and this idiot had to say something stupid like that, instead of "hey, nice Boxster out there" or something respectful. But he chose to be a bush league idiot. Hey, 170 mph from a Boxster S isn't too shabby, idiot.
All of these posts are regarding the GT-R. The topic was the OP's new 911.

Please start another thread with your opinion about a car that is incredibly faster than your Porsche.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Totally right on this. In the styling of the GT-R I can see lots of 370Z, or maybe it's vice versa. Either way it's a great coupe. But how much does a GT-R weigh? I'm thinking upwards of 3600 lbs??
Over 3800 lbs.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by bccars
Yep a Nissan ! Plus you always live in fear you'll get smoked by another tuned ricer, or worse, that little JUKE Nissan is modding with the Godzilla engine.
Please join us, down here on Earth.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:08 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future

Whahah!!! I think I'll better shut my mouth....
+1 Suzy :-)
Funny thing is, you don't see 991 drivers go to gtr and vette forums to spout crap and pick a fight. Its always the other way around. Wonder why that is :-)

Last edited by bccars; 08-25-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !

Funny thing is, you don't see 991 drivers go to gtr and vette forums to spout crap and pick a fight. Its always the other way around. Wonder why that is :-)
That's exactly what I was thinking....

Old 08-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Perhaps if you actually spent a few minutes on other forums, you would be making ignorant statements like this. Are you making an assumption based on ZERO actual knowledge? Because, then this comment would make sense.
That's exactly what I was thinking....
""

But, please point me in the direction where someone went out and purchased a GT-R or 'Vette, then came here to "spout crap and pick a fight". Let's find this troll together.

What I often see, is people who had Porsches (or other cars) on 6pseed, then switch to a GT-R or 'Vette (or other car), get a different perspective, and correct blatant misinformation.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 08-25-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Perhaps if you actually spent a few minutes on other forums, you would be making ignorant statements like this. Are you making an assumption based on ZERO actual knowledge? Because, then this comment would make sense.

""
Why would I look on other forums where the GT-R is discussed? I have my opinion about the car and I'm clearly not interested to buy one. So it would be odd if I wanted to read those threads, wouldn't it? That's just waste of time for me....

Old 08-25-2013, 10:57 AM
I could read your gtr forums all day long. That would not change the fact that I think it's an ugly car in and out. There's more to cars than just their performance in numbers.
I know you can smoke me all day long in your gtr, guess what, I don't care ! The 991 is the better car for me!
But I don't come to your gtr forum to throw that in your face !

Last edited by bccars; 08-25-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:22 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
Tough crowd

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: From GTR to 991 S