From GTR to 991 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 05:21 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
AMEN!! dumb dumb dumb

Originally Posted by m5_2010
I am moving Los Feliz... In NYC people just start acting nuts like trying to race me... There are a lot of insecure people out there....

Old 08-26-2013, 05:26 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Agreed! But it's okay with me.

Originally Posted by blipit
Take into perspective you live in the Nati.

Drive around a place like Newport Beach, CA. 911's are a dime a dozen, you need something special to stand out there.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:31 PM
cmon cmon group hug!! ha ha let's go test drive an Altima.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JamesKen
What is confusing with this call out?

"But, please point me in the direction where someone went out and purchased a GT-R or 'Vette, then came here to "spout crap and pick a fight". Let's find this troll together."

Did you miss the part where another GTR owner made a personal attach against Suzy and was warned by the moderator??"
Uhmmmm.... I never received any warning there sparky

Last edited by amerlemans; 08-26-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:50 PM
JamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of lightJamesKen is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Uhmmmm.... I never received any warning there sparky

You know it never would of occurred to that you would not be clear who the moderator was talking to. In hind site this should be no surprise. Thanks for clearing this up.

Originally Posted by bbywu
Please keep the comments in this thread civil. The personal jabs are unnecessary.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:01 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JamesKen
You know it never would of occurred to that you would not be clear who the moderator was talking to. In hind site this should be no surprise. Thanks for clearing this up.
I've received a warning before on an internet forum and it comes in the form of a PM.......but don't let those pesky little facts get in the way of what you think. And if you think saying that someone "gets bent out of shape" is a personal attack, you have no idea of what a personal attack is.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:31 PM
GTSLVR991S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
My point was - your respect to the GT-R is irrelevant to the topic. And that for some reason, people feel the need to clutter up the 991 forum with GT-R nonsense, just because somebody knew someone who had one, etc... Traditional manuals are better than dual clutches, AWD sucks. Playstation, etc... You clearly have a reading comprehension issue.

It was irrelevant, and off-topic.

Then you follow up with the false assumption that I couldn't see you were giving a car respect? I would care, because.... ??? It is still out of place and irrelevant. But your add on explanation lends itself to showing the badge snob you are.
Sigh, my poor poor friend. I'm embarrassed to have even internet associated with you. Sure buddy, like you had the threads best interest at heart after 18 posts of exclusive flaming and raging.

Ahem, moderators, op and fellow forum members alike, I'd like to apologize for feeding into this ridiculous thread and even remotely instigating any type of emotional backfire from fellow members. I must regretfully admit that I had ill intentions to get a rise out of a few. I know, I was wrong. In the future, even though its tempting I must refrain from such actions, as not to evoke any response that can lower the pedigree of this forum. But there's always at least two in every....

But seriously guys, I'm not new to the whole forum scene, but really give it a rest. We all are lucky enough to drive really great cars. Do we need to waste time defending its merits to joe blow halfway across the country, someone you'll probably never meet in your lifetime? Ignorant and close minded comments will always be around from both side a and side b. I mean don't you guys get tired of trying sooo hard to justify your car to a computer screen. It's bonkers. I wonder if Ferrari and Bugatti forums are littered with "oh you think you're so special, psshh, my 911tt is the bestest HA!" posts. Sadly, they probably are.

And mr jasper, just re read the thread from post one and feel the vibe of the ensuing posts. Sure some were a tad bitter and sneering, but to keep at it till like what is this page 7?! In laymen terms, I was throwing you a bone from the snowballing rants that the gtr should be disregarded by aesthetics alone. Kapeesh? Whether you Internet-believe me or not, I got respect for a lot of cars out there and not even a year ago, never even dreamed of owning a 911 let alone being a Porsche snob or whatever. And it's true there are p-car snobs, just as ther are of virtually any brand out there. Using that as verbal assault, on home turf no less, just makes you seem vulnerable and transparent. Cmon thats not what you want right? Your forum rep will go down and then what, amiright?

Ok so on that note I will now exit permantly from this circus of a thread and move on to actual life dilemmas, like which console to reserve, ps4 or Xbox one......

Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 PM
cmon cmon guys group hug! Cmon! OK I get it Nissan owners hate Porsche, we get it guys. It's ok, get over it!

Originally Posted by amerlemans
I've received a warning before on an internet forum and it comes in the form of a PM.......but don't let those pesky little facts get in the way of what you think. And if you think saying that someone "gets bent out of shape" is a personal attack, you have no idea of what a personal attack is.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:51 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by chance6
cmon cmon guys group hug! Cmon! OK I get it Nissan owners hate Porsche, we get it guys. It's ok, get over it!
Yep. You got us all figured out. I hate them so much I've owned four of them since 2006.,,,,,and Jasper has probably owned more than me. All I can say is wow....you really haven't a clue.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Actually the GT-R posts should be directed to the Panamera Turbo S owners - has about the same nimbleness, similar power, similar weight, but the Panamera seats 4 in comfort. Yep.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:55 PM
cmon guys relax. GT-R's are great cars !!

Old 08-27-2013, 03:30 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Been said before, but everybody needs to take a

Attached Images  
Old 08-27-2013, 06:28 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTSLVR991S
Sigh, my poor poor friend. I'm embarrassed to have even internet associated with you. Sure buddy, like you had the threads best interest at heart after 18 posts of exclusive flaming and raging.

Ahem, moderators, op and fellow forum members alike, I'd like to apologize for feeding into this ridiculous thread and even remotely instigating any type of emotional backfire from fellow members. I must regretfully admit that I had ill intentions to get a rise out of a few. I know, I was wrong. In the future, even though its tempting I must refrain from such actions, as not to evoke any response that can lower the pedigree of this forum. But there's always at least two in every....

But seriously guys, I'm not new to the whole forum scene, but really give it a rest. We all are lucky enough to drive really great cars. Do we need to waste time defending its merits to joe blow halfway across the country, someone you'll probably never meet in your lifetime? Ignorant and close minded comments will always be around from both side a and side b. I mean don't you guys get tired of trying sooo hard to justify your car to a computer screen. It's bonkers. I wonder if Ferrari and Bugatti forums are littered with "oh you think you're so special, psshh, my 911tt is the bestest HA!" posts. Sadly, they probably are.

And mr jasper, just re read the thread from post one and feel the vibe of the ensuing posts. Sure some were a tad bitter and sneering, but to keep at it till like what is this page 7?! In laymen terms, I was throwing you a bone from the snowballing rants that the gtr should be disregarded by aesthetics alone. Kapeesh? Whether you Internet-believe me or not, I got respect for a lot of cars out there and not even a year ago, never even dreamed of owning a 911 let alone being a Porsche snob or whatever. And it's true there are p-car snobs, just as ther are of virtually any brand out there. Using that as verbal assault, on home turf no less, just makes you seem vulnerable and transparent. Cmon thats not what you want right? Your forum rep will go down and then what, amiright?

Ok so on that note I will now exit permantly from this circus of a thread and move on to actual life dilemmas, like which console to reserve, ps4 or Xbox one......
Yes. Reread this thread, and see which owners who were inflammatory first, and who was simply replying. If you need a play-by-play explanation, I can help (I have a certification to help those with learning and reading disabilities - seriously).

Old 08-27-2013, 08:12 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !

Sorry guys, I tried humor before but this thread is pathetic and reflecting poorly on the forum. Do you all need to put all your ego, passion and testosterone (not for you Suzy ) in a p!ss!ng contest about two great cars???

If someone is trolling, get over it and move on. Some forums have a 'chatter' (=dumpster) area were most of this thread would fit.
I feel bad for seeing what happened to the thread for the OP.

I'll personally consider this thread closed and will not further check on it.

Attached Images  
Old 08-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Just saw this at another car forum, thought it was funny.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: From GTR to 991 S