Recordlap of the Porsche 918 at the Nordschleife, onboard with Marc Lieb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by handfull
Thanks Suzy! Congratulations Porsche!! So what do you think, will La Ferrari or the McLaren P1 be able to match or beat the time set by the 918.
Quite possibly being lighter and more hp. But I wonder if being RWD traction will become an issue with all that power they have.

Originally Posted by jaspergtr

Dual clutches are for sissies.

Hey, I AND you resemble that remark!

Perhaps the new NISMO GT-R will give them both a run.
I'm curious what that thing will really be.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:06 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Those long straights looked like time warps. That seemed to not stop accelerating.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
He could practically knit a sweater and drink a Coke while doing that lap.

Dual clutches are for sissies.

That lap looks amazingly quick. I think I saw this on another thread. Anybody time it? This doesn't look like the 6:57 Sir Walter was saying what was possible.
According to Porsche this is the official video of that record lap of 6:57.... I didn't time it tough they have been driving with 3 918s, Mr. W. Röhrl, Marc Lieb and another guy (forgot his name). Marc Lieb set the fastest lap. He's the official testdriver of Porsche and also one of the drivers for the 24h of Le Mans next year.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
The 918 may just be the most beautiful car I've ever laid eyes on. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will never have one though......$990,000

Old 09-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
WOW!! What a treat to watch!

Not good at times when sun is in the eyes ...also noticed a skid @ 7:20... lovely!!

Thanks for sharing...I've gotta catch up with all the Porsche videos in the queue...(I've been a subscriber...)

Last edited by Fester; 09-11-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:15 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Suzy991
with 3 918s, Mr. W. Röhrl, Marc Lieb and another guy (forgot his name). Marc Lieb set the fastest lap. He's the official testdriver of Porsche and also one of the drivers for the 24h of Le Mans next year.

I think the other guy was Timo Kluck, not 100% sure.
Marc Lieb actually he was one of the guys on the Porsche AG/Manthey 991 RSR that won Le Mans GT-Pro Class this year.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bccars

I think the other guy was Timo Kluck, not 100% sure.
Marc Lieb actually he was one of the guys on the Porsche AG/Manthey 991 RSR that won Le Mans GT-Pro Class this year.
Yes, you're right! It was Timo Kluck! And Marc Lieb was indeed one of the works drivers at the 2013 Le Mans.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:58 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Been reading more about it... This is just impressive as hell.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:19 AM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
Is it just me, or does the center dash/console on that car look like a ridiculously large cell phone?

Old 09-11-2013, 07:28 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Been reading more about it... This is just impressive as hell.
Very impressive .. especially the driving/driver .. the car too, but that will soon be overshadowed by the Laferrari I'm afraid (hope not though)

Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 AM
mrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of lightmrstep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by amerlemans
The 918 may just be the most beautiful car I've ever laid eyes on. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will never have one though......$990,000
Just pick one up used in a couple of years and let the original owner take the depreciation hit!

Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bccars
...but that will soon be overshadowed by the Laferrari I'm afraid (hope not though)
I don't think so... The name alone is going to dock 10secs off of the lap time.

Very exciting new era for us car enthusiasts.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:40 AM
onapex is on a distinguished road
I can't imagine P1 and LaFerrari not breaking 6:57. It would be disaster if McLaren and Ferrari don't set new lap records since they came after 918.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by onapex
I can't imagine P1 and LaFerrari not breaking 6:57. It would be disaster if McLaren and Ferrari don't set new lap records since they came after 918.
Here is the thing... I'm okay with them not setting a time better (although I expect them to rival one another). But - what happens when one constructor doesn't set a faster time than another? Don't we see a laundry list of reasons why it doesn't matter? I mean - there is more to these cars than flat out performance, right? Ferrari could state ~"We set a time very competitive to others, but we consumed less fuel, or we completed more laps, the driver had more fun, the leather was softer, we won a championship 5 years ago, etc..."

McLaren has always been performance based, so they'd have less ground to stand on. I'm sure they could muster,"Our materials are more advanced, blah, blah, space age tech, blah, pretty, blah, etc..."

I say this - because I'm somewhat expecting the next gen GT-R (not EBA or NISMO, but R36) to get below 7mins as well, and I'm prepared for those very same excuses. I'm also expecting the NSX (if it ever actually comes out) to get a decent time as well - as the competition is getting faster and faster, while retaining daily creature comforts.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 AM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
I say this - because I'm somewhat expecting the next gen GT-R (not EBA or NISMO, but R36) to get below 7mins as well, and I'm prepared for those very same excuses.
It could, but weight is everything in these type of lap times, and if the GT-R goes on a diet, the price is going to go way up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recordlap of the Porsche 918 at the Nordschleife, onboard with Marc Lieb