View Poll Results: Has the PDK vs MT discussion mashed your cogs?
Yes it has! So please go test both and decide for yourself!
80.36%
No! I don't know what the word "search" means on a forum!
19.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Poll - Had enough PDK vs MT debate?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 05:47 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Hahaha!!! I wanna see pictures of that! This could easily get the mist fun thread on 6Speed! LOL! Suzy991 (iOS app)
Have to show you in person Suzy.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:27 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Haku, why can I only vote once???
Damn you Jimmy Carter!!

Old 11-27-2013, 06:52 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dux
Haku, why can I only vote once???
Damn you Jimmy Carter!!
Hehehe! If only the forum allowed multiple voting.... We could then get data just as reliable as politicians do!

Old 11-27-2013, 07:14 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
What concerns me greatly are the 6 sadists that lurk among us.

Old 11-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dux
What concerns me greatly are the 6 sadists that lurk among us.
... and they all seem such nice well balanced folk!

Old 11-27-2013, 08:56 AM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
To wrap or not to wrap, that is the question.

Seriously though, I wish there was a section just for clear bra discussion. That way those who would like to avoid that discussion would never have to see another thread on it again.

Peace.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by FullThrottle64
This horse is not yet dead enough. It must continue to be beaten until it is nothing more than a soft, pulpy mass.

...and anyone who can't properly heel'n'toe doesn't have an opinion valid enough for consideration!

[/sarcasm]
Having driven MT Porsche's for 36 years and other MT sports cars for an additional 14 years I certainly figured out how to heel and toe. Was really important with the "Moss" box in my first car, a 1956 Morgan +4. I far prefer the PDK in my 991S with it's faster shifting and I don't think I'm losing any sports car feel at all!!!!

Last edited by Snowczar; 11-27-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by fbroen
To wrap or not to wrap, that is the question.

Seriously though, I wish there was a section just for clear bra discussion. That way those who would like to avoid that discussion would never have to see another thread on it again.

Peace.
Entirely agree. G'won start one up.

Originally Posted by Snowczar
Having driven MT Porsche's for 36 years and other MT sports cars for an additional 14 years I certainly figured out how to heel and tow. Was really important with the "Moss" box in my first car, a 1956 Morgan +4. I far prefer the PDK in my 991S with it's faster shifting and I don't think I'm losing any sports car feel at all!!!!
The last time I hurt my heel I had to tow my friends manual 911!

Old 11-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Clear bra thread?.......... I can only imagine the fun that would ensue!

Old 11-27-2013, 02:17 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Clear bra thread?.......... I can only imagine the fun that would ensue!
Bra thread? Probably get right into a deviated stitching discussion.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:24 PM
omg321123 is on a distinguished road
No offense, but isn't heel and toe just a mandatory maneuver if you drive a manual car? What's so significant about it?

Old 11-27-2013, 02:33 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by omg321123
No offense, but isn't heel and toe just a mandatory maneuver if you drive a manual car? What's so significant about it?
Mandatory??? As long as you are not driving above say 6 or 7/10th on a track or a twisty road, heel and toe is completely useless and I even think it's silly and nothing more than showing off if one does it on a normal drive.
If one is trying to be as fast as possible on a track, that's where it gets mandatory....

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 11-27-2013, 02:46 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Suzy991
Mandatory??? As long as you are not driving above say 6 or 7/10th on a track or a twisty road, heel and toe is completely useless and I even think it's silly and nothing more than showing off if one does it on a normal drive.
If one is trying to be as fast as possible on a track, that's where it gets mandatory....

Suzy991 (iOS app)
And maybe slower with todays's rev matching manual transmissions.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chuckbdc
And maybe slower with todays's rev matching manual transmissions.
That could indeed be true... i have no experience with the rev matching, since my Boxster doesn't have it, but I guess it's better than 99% of human effords to make a perfect rev match...

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 11-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I practiced heel-&-toe a few weeks ago at Porsche Performance Driving School and surprised myself at how easy it was and how quickly I became very proficient at it. That said, I so enjoyed driving the PDK on the track in auto mode that I'm now driving my own car in the auto mode almost all the time. That's how brilliant the PDK really is. I wasn't crazy about the 7-speed manual 991 I drove and found myself always unsure if I was in 3rd or had incorrectly gotten 5th.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Poll - Had enough PDK vs MT debate?