Do You Carry A Gun In Your 991? DIY Secure Mount.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty cool setup. I like it!

Old 12-26-2013, 03:59 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest
Pretty cool setup. I like it!
Thanks.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:25 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
What about an old fashion gun rack for a 12 gauge? Perhaps a PND?

Old 12-26-2013, 05:28 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Now you're talkin', son. It's offered by Porsche Exclusive.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads/gun%20rack.jpg

I'ma geeeeet meee one.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:13 PM
j080808 is on a distinguished road
Nice work and write-up.

Same gun, uncle mikes size 16 coming up!

Old 12-26-2013, 06:18 PM
I'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud ofI'mAllIn has much to be proud of
I like it. I keep my sub-compact Glock 37 in the flip compartment of the driver door and maintain situational awareness, especially with the top down.

My wife keeps her Ruger LCP 380 in her purse.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:41 PM
ibtm is on a distinguished road
From NJ

As an X cop I carry. Even in NJ/NY if you get stopped the first thing you tell the officer as he approaches is you are carrying a concealed weapon and have your CCW permit. The first thing you say.
Then he/she will follow protocol. No big deal.
For me the key to carry is quick but safe access---this is a very personal decision and one that needs time to get it right. Work out what will work best for you. I will be doing the same with my 991 TS.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:16 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe slightly off topic, but it is a serious question..... and other than transporting my firearm for some specific reason I don't ever have it in my car..

But how often, if you had a weapon concealed in your car (i.e. under the front drivers set etc) would LE ever actually search to find it??

I mean I've driven for 35 years, and been pulled over for my fair share of speeding tickets and minor things.. But not once has my car ever been subjected to a search. (Hell the only time I've ever had to even open the trunk was going to the airport for a while after 9/11 when I'd enter the parking structure)..

I'm not even sure how much probable cause for searching my car.. (yeah, yeah I know they can always find probable cause if they want to.. and maybe it's just that I'm a typical white guy that doesn't get hassled...).. But in the end if it's a simple traffic stop with nothing else involved it's unlikely to a search of the car that results in anything else is going to hold up..

I guess I'm always just amazed when I hear about a celeb getting pulled over and a un-permitted gun is found under the seat.. And maybe it is simply about how you treat the LE when they first approach you..

Serious question though, as I don't doubt that people have had problems.. I'm just never clear what leads to the search..

Old 12-27-2013, 03:52 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by scatkins
Maybe slightly off topic, but it is a serious question..... and other than transporting my firearm for some specific reason I don't ever have it in my car..

But how often, if you had a weapon concealed in your car (i.e. under the front drivers set etc) would LE ever actually search to find it??

I mean I've driven for 35 years, and been pulled over for my fair share of speeding tickets and minor things.. But not once has my car ever been subjected to a search. (Hell the only time I've ever had to even open the trunk was going to the airport for a while after 9/11 when I'd enter the parking structure)..

I'm not even sure how much probable cause for searching my car.. (yeah, yeah I know they can always find probable cause if they want to.. and maybe it's just that I'm a typical white guy that doesn't get hassled...).. But in the end if it's a simple traffic stop with nothing else involved it's unlikely to a search of the car that results in anything else is going to hold up..

I guess I'm always just amazed when I hear about a celeb getting pulled over and a un-permitted gun is found under the seat.. And maybe it is simply about how you treat the LE when they first approach you..

Serious question though, as I don't doubt that people have had problems.. I'm just never clear what leads to the search..
Some states prohibit carrying a weapon like the one depicted. Declaring it to a LEO would not be wise in those situations. Always a good idea to check your state laws and the for the states you intend to pass through. For example, in Maryland, you would be in a whole-heep-a-mess of trouble, boy.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:56 PM
Question--What will you do with the pistol while pumping gas? Will it remain in the car? Will there be another holster already on you to transfer it too? Serious questions if the weapon is really for self-defense.

Old 12-27-2013, 04:03 PM
shumi_9 is on a distinguished road
I do not get this at all. The gun should be carried concealed and on you, readily accessible, and not visible in the car???

Old 12-27-2013, 04:41 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
I would suggest anyone wanting to pack in their 911 follow their respective State firearms Law.

In my application, it is perfectly legal where I live, and I can access my firearm in about a second if I need it. In a State that strips all Residents of the right to defend themselves with a firearm except while in their own home, like Maryland, you would not want to have a concealed firearm in the car in the first place.

Due diligence for anyone is to understand your home State Firearms laws.

Last edited by 991TurboS; 12-27-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by VikingMariner
Question--What will you do with the pistol while pumping gas? Will it remain in the car? Will there be another holster already on you to transfer it too? Serious questions if the weapon is really for self-defense.
It is called a pocket holster. Costs about $10. How is this answer to your "serious question"?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	36P314_AS01.JPG
Views:	1056
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	315400  

Last edited by 991TurboS; 12-27-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:46 PM
A terrible answer. The trigger is exposed and at some point you will shoot yourself.

I'm not going to sit here and brag about my professional expertise, but please get a custom-made kydex holster that covers the trigger and check your local laws so you don't end up in the hospital or jail. Thanks. No offense intended.

Last edited by VikingMariner; 12-27-2013 at 04:50 PM. Reason: ipad autocorrect
Old 12-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by VikingMariner
A terrible answer. The trigger is exposed and at some point you will shoot yourself.

I'm not going to sit here and brag about my professional expertise, but please get a custom-made kydex holster that covers the trigger and check your local laws so you don't end up in the hospital or jail. Thanks. No offense intended.
Been doing this for many years and no issues so far.

I don't agree with anything you have posted in this thread, frankly, and I find your belittling, stereotypical, Buford T. Justice and Dukes of Hazzard type comments particularly offensive.

I know my local gun laws quite well, so I don't need your help there, either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do You Carry A Gun In Your 991? DIY Secure Mount.