Do You Carry A Gun In Your 991? DIY Secure Mount.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 12:03 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Do You Carry A Gun In Your 991? DIY Secure Mount.

Guys,
I have a '14 Turbo S, but I thought the 991 forum might be a better place to post this. I have had a conceal carry permit for about 15 years, but since getting the 911 I have had the hardest time finding a decent place for my handgun in the car. Glove box is hard to access quickly, and I have never liked just putting it on the front passenger seat and having it fly all over the place if I have to stop fast in an emergency. I have been putting it in the little pocket in the driver door, but as I am a righty it was hard to access quickly.

I did the following in a 2003 Viper I had, and decided to recreate it in the Turbo. I thought I would share for all my fellow gun toting 911 Owners. We've had a couple fatal car jackings in my area lately, and also in other areas of the country. I figure if they'll kill a guy or his $80K Land Rover, they'd kill a guy for his $100K+ Porsche.

You need a compatible Holster and seat belt buckle for this DIY. They sell Porsche compatible seat belt buckles on ebay to defeat the seat belt alarms for those that don't like to wear them. You'll see dozens listed if you do a search under "seat belt buckle porsche 911." Most ship from China, but here is one that ships from the US and fits the 991 Porsche 911/Turbo cars. I bought this. Has two clips. Took just a few days to get it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-New-Metal-Black-Safety-Seat-Belt-Buckle-Insert-Universal-For-SUV-Car-Truck-X2-/380775349212?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item58a7fabbdc&vxp=more

I used an Uncle Mike's belt type soft holster for my gun. My piece is nothing big, just a 5 shot S&W J Frame .38 revolver with a Crimson Trace laser sight. This basic design can be adapted to different brands of holsters. The total cost of doing this DIY was about $30 (holster and seat belt clips). What I like about the Uncle Mike's brand is that it has a thumb break, and it also fits my other gun, a Glock 26, so I can use the same holster for either weapon.

The design could also be used for many other brands of cars, as long as you have a compatible seat belt clip, etc.

The following pictures are pretty self explanatory, but feel free to ask any questions. The clip attaches to the holster with nylon zip ties, and the completed assembly attaches to the passenger side seat belt receiver. This provides an easily accessible, open carry point that is secure in everyday driving and stopping situations, but also allows you to easily remove it. I feel a lot better having it at a secure, easily accessible mounting point in the car as well, instead of just laying loose on the seat.

Obviously, you do this DIY at your own risk, and you would not use this if you had a passenger in the car. I don't drive without my seat belt on.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5545_zpsb611564c.jpg
Views:	2280
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	314790   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5548_zps5fb8d52b.jpg
Views:	2287
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	314791   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5544_zpsbdee7c7c.jpg
Views:	2747
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	314792   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5543_zpsf8996ca4.jpg
Views:	2250
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	314793  

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 05-25-2020 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Nuke986 has a spectacular aura aboutNuke986 has a spectacular aura about
Nice

Old 12-26-2013, 01:27 PM
P997S will become famous soon enoughP997S will become famous soon enough
Very cool

Old 12-26-2013, 01:42 PM
certified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of light
What happens when you get pulled over by the cops and they see the exposed gun? I imagine they instantly draw their pistol and ask you to exit the car before they allow you to show them the concealed carry permit.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by certified_prime
What happens when you get pulled over by the cops and they see the exposed gun? I imagine they instantly draw their pistol and ask you to exit the car before they allow you to show them the concealed carry permit.
In NY or NJ, if a cop saw a handgun carried like that, he would certainly not be polite. In our neck of the woods, the ammo better not be in the gun or anywhere near the gun and the weapon is supposed to be carried in a locked box in the car. Not gonna help much in a car jacking.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Id be dead in California- shoot first ask questions later.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:20 PM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
shocking pictures for the European readers !

Old 12-26-2013, 02:25 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by certified_prime
Personally, I have been pulled over a couple times with my gun on the seat. I have always kept both hands visible, and I politely tell the officer I have a conceal carry permit and that there is a firearm in the car.

In Georgia, you are allowed to have a loaded gun in your vehicle even without a conceal carry permit, provided there is nothing legally preventing you from owning a handgun, like being a convicted Felon, etc.

This application keeps the gun in plain sight. No violation of any Georgia state firearms laws here.

Last edited by 991TurboS; 12-26-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Alan
In NY or NJ, if a cop saw a handgun carried like that, he would certainly not be polite. In our neck of the woods, the ammo better not be in the gun or anywhere near the gun and the weapon is supposed to be carried in a locked box in the car. Not gonna help much in a car jacking.
You guys have some pretty restrictive gun laws up there, I know. If you couldn't legally do it in NY or NJ, then don't.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by bccars
"Yippee Ki Yay", to quote John McClane, hehehe!

Old 12-26-2013, 02:41 PM
dyim will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bccars
And Canadians too!

Old 12-26-2013, 03:24 PM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
I pack my equalizer only when im going out of town or to some of the less affluent areas of northern California...keep it in the door compartment

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1760.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	558.4 KB
ID:	314858  
Old 12-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Mercedes Benz will become famous soon enoughMercedes Benz will become famous soon enough
I have the identical gun down to the color also with the Crimson Trace laser! Florida laws are very similar to the Georgia laws. A lot of people from other strict gun law sates are likely shocked to see this. Personally, even though it is ok there. I would want it a little more hidden from others.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:30 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Not recommended (referring to the pictured holster). Trigger area a little too exposed and pliable. Carry it on your body and opt for kydex. On your body, you always have 100 percent positive control, fast draw in every situation, and you will never accidentally leave it behind as in walking into the mall, getting jacked, or being pulled out of the vehicle with the jaws of life. Just my two cents.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:38 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Someone also mentioned Florida. If I remember correctly that rig setup would be illegal in Florida with or without a conceal carry license, not to mention that it would likely give the heebeejeebees to any law enforcement officer conducting a traffic stop on that vehicle. Hope this info helps.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do You Carry A Gun In Your 991? DIY Secure Mount.