Do You Carry A Gun In Your 991? DIY Secure Mount.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 05:00 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Yeah. The Taliban were pretty offensive to me every night, but I didn't cry about it. Just trying to offer some advice that will keep you out of the emergency room--actually, not so much for you as for some of the good people just observing. Your comments indicate you don't know what your doing with weapons and I consider you dangerous. That pocket holster picture with the trigger exposed is a total joke. Don't use it, shoot yourself, and ricochet an innocent person.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:10 PM
VikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the roughVikingMariner is a jewel in the rough
Anyone looking for some serious advice from a someone that uses weapons for a living, PM me. If you live nearby and I've seen you post before, let's go have a beer. This thread is a train wreck of macho bravado and misinformation. I only hope that newbees are not looking at these pictures and thinking these ideas offer protection.

Old 12-27-2013, 10:19 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by VikingMariner
Yeah. The Taliban were pretty offensive to me every night, but I didn't cry about it. Just trying to offer some advice that will keep you out of the emergency room--actually, not so much for you as for some of the good people just observing. Your comments indicate you don't know what your doing with weapons and I consider you dangerous. That pocket holster picture with the trigger exposed is a total joke. Don't use it, shoot yourself, and ricochet an innocent person.
So using an Uncle Mike's pocket holster guarantees you will shoot yourself, huh? Wow, I've been using pocket holsters for 15 years and I have never come close to shooting myself with my own handgun or hurting anyone else with it.

Feel free to think as you will, but don't be so arrogant to suppose you know better than everyone else on this Forum. Anyone reading this thread will be able to make their own decision as to whether it has any application for them. You're the only one complaining.

All you have shown with your posts is that you are prejudiced towards people from the South.

Anyone looking for some serious advice from a someone that uses weapons for a living, PM me. If you live nearby and I've seen you post before, let's go have a beer. This thread is a train wreck of macho bravado and misinformation. I only hope that newbees are not looking at these pictures and thinking these ideas offer protection.
Macho bravado? Give me a break. I posted a fixed, accessible alternative to laying your gun loose on the passenger seat in an open carry situation in an automobile, nothing more. You read way too much into things.

Misinformation? Like what? You mean stating to follow your state gun laws as to whether to use the rig or not? Or maybe by stating that it is advisable to inform any LEO you interact with that you have a conceal carry permit and you have a firearm in the vehicle? Or maybe telling posters that if it is illegal to have a rig like that in their own state, then not to do it? Or perhaps that Due Diligence of your home state firearms laws is the responsibility of any gun owner?

Yup...tons of macho bravado and misinformation there.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:32 AM
How old are you?

Old 12-28-2013, 02:00 AM
Okay folks. That gentleman's feeling are so hurt (amazing since he has not been personally attacked through name calling) he's not going to listen to anything but this link may help in understanding why some leather and nylon holsters are dangerous: http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/fi...al-discharges/.

Please google kydex holsters. Also I don't recommend pocket holsters unless you have a lot of practice drawing in real or simulated fight or flight situations. It's too easy for an amateur to shoot his junk off.

You should keep your weapon on your body with a kydex holster should you have an off day, be surprised, and get snatched from your locked vehicle. Putting your weapon in a pocket holster while sitting in your car, particularly when the nylon holster does not fit the weapon and the trigger is exposed is a negligent discharge waiting to happen. Hopefully no one with a weapon has attempted it. In Florida, taking that weapon out of the car, standing, and then holstering it or openly carrying is illegal as an example. Having your weapon at the ready in your passenger seat is illegal in Maryland, for example. In most scenarios when getting carjacked you are so close to the attacker as you exit the vehicle that with some training you could take the weapon away from the attacker without having to resort to the use of a firearm. PM me if you want more info on the training needed. Moreover, if the smallest thing sets you off emotionally you probably should not be riding the nation's highways with a pistol at the ready for road rage, albeit I know nearly all of us are not wreckless.

And what was the color of the boathouse? lol.

Last edited by VikingMariner; 01-01-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: iPad autocorrect & bad video joke reel link and forgot the part about naming Maryland in the example.
Old 12-28-2013, 07:51 AM
shumi_9 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=VikingMariner;4011024]

You should keep your weapon on your body with a kydex holster should you have an off day, be surprised, and get snatched from your locked vehicle. Putting your weapon in a pocket holster while sitting in your car, particularly when the nylon holster does not fit the weapon and the trigger is exposed is a negligent discharge waiting to happen.

+1...weapon should be on your body, does not do you any good in your car.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:53 AM
1mirage has a spectacular aura about1mirage has a spectacular aura about
I purchased what looks like a leather day timer with slot for my HK and extra mag from Galco. They have for most makes and I keep in my glove box...easy access and can take with me if necessary when car is being washed or serviced without anyone knowing what I am carrying.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:20 AM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
How old are you?
Old enough to recognize bigotry masquerading as humor.

Okay folks. That gentleman's feeling are so hurt (amazing since he has not been personally attacked through name calling) he's not going to listen to anything but this link may help in understanding why some leather and nylon holsters are dangerous: http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/fi...al-discharges/.

Please google kydex holsters. Also I don't recommend pocket holsters unless you have a lot of practice drawing in real or simulated fight or flight situations. It's too easy for an amateur to shoot his junk off.

You should keep your weapon on your body with a kydex holster should you have an off day, be surprised, and get snatched from your locked vehicle. Putting your weapon in a pocket holster while sitting in your car, particularly when the nylon holster does not fit the weapon and the trigger is exposed is a negligent discharge waiting to happen. Hopefully no one with a weapon has attempted it. In Florida, taking that weapon out of the car, standing, and then holstering it or openly carrying is illegal as an example. Having your weapon at the ready in your passenger seat is illegal. In most scenarios when getting carjacked you are so close to the attacker as you exit the vehicle that with some training you could take the weapon away from the attacker without having to resort to the use of a firearm. PM me if you want more info on the training needed. Moreover, if the smallest thing sets you off emotionally you probably should not be riding the nation's highways with a pistol at the ready for road rage, albeit I know nearly all of us are not wreckless.
It is too bad there are still those with a prejudiced mindset towards others in their own country.

Your above link about the negligent discharge is just that, the owner let his leather go bad when it should have been replaced, and it bit him for his negligence. Proper maintenance and regular inspection of holsters is a part of gun ownership. That discharge was the owner's fault, not the fault of the holster. No argument that Kydex is a great holster material. Leather and/or nylon is a consumable holster material, and needs to be replaced when necessary.

You can have your opinion and I'll have mine. I have never had to draw my firearm while in my car, and I am in no violation of my states gun laws. If it is in another state, then it should not be used.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by 1mirage
I purchased what looks like a leather day timer with slot for my HK and extra mag from Galco. They have for most makes and I keep in my glove box...easy access and can take with me if necessary when car is being washed or serviced without anyone knowing what I am carrying.
The 911 has a big glove box for a sports car. I am not particularly tall, so my reach into the glove box in an emergency would not be easy, particularly with a seat belt on. But if that is what works best for you, then excellent.

The rig I showed fits into the glove box as well. I don't carry in my car 100% of the time. If I have car service done like you described and I am carrying, I just use a pocket holster instead of the car rig.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:59 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Guns scare me. I did not grow up with them and have only shot trap with a 12 gauge twice.

Transporting a handgun would prove problematic for me as I am often in no firearm zones- federal and state courthouses.

I like this thread as it may serve to spread the word that Porsche owners are heavily armed, ready and willing to defend themselves and their ride. Sort of herd immunity. Keep packing.

Last edited by rnl; 12-28-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 02:58 PM
mdk888 is a jewel in the roughmdk888 is a jewel in the roughmdk888 is a jewel in the roughmdk888 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by rnl
Guns scare me. I did not grow up with them and have only shot trap with a 12 gauge twice. Transporting a handgun would prove problematic for me as I am often in no firearm zones- federal and state courthouses. I like this thread as it may serve to spread the word that Porsche owners are heavily armed, ready and willing to defend themselves and their ride. Sort of herd immunity. Keep packing.
Lol somehow I think the percentage of the criminals who are carjacking Porsches and reading these forums is low

Old 12-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by mdk888
Lol somehow I think the percentage of the criminals who are carjacking Porsches and reading these forums is low
lol

Old 12-28-2013, 04:14 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mdk888
You never know.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by rnl
Guns scare me. I did not grow up with them and have only shot trap with a 12 gauge twice.

Transporting a handgun would prove problematic for me as I am often in no firearm zones- federal and state courthouses.

I like this thread as it may serve to spread the word that Porsche owners are heavily armed, ready and willing to defend themselves and their ride. Sort of herd immunity. Keep packing.
I completely respect anyone's decision to not carry a firearm for any reason they wish.

It is always a good idea to know the handgun laws of the areas you are in if you do carry. For example, traveling through several states on a trip. Some states have what is called Reciprocity regarding Conceal Carry permits with other states, which means if a state has reciprocity with the state your CC Permit is issued, then your conceal carry permit is honored in that state as well.

But, you are subject to that state's conceal carry law itself. Georgia has Reciprocity with all states in the southeast except South Carolina. So if you lived in Georgia and chose to drive through reciprocal states, you might find that particular setup I showed is not legal, and you would need to store it in the glove box, for example, to stay within that State's CC laws.

If you are in a state that does not have Reciprocity, then you may be in violation of that state's handgun laws.

A little research before a trip can save a lot of possible trouble if you do carry.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:46 PM
rnl
Originally Posted by 991TurboS
I completely respect anyone's decision to not carry a firearm for any reason they wish. It is always a good idea to know the handgun laws of the areas you are in if you do carry. For example, traveling through several states on a trip. Some states have what is called Reciprocity regarding Conceal Carry permits with other states, which means if a state has reciprocity with the state your CC Permit is issued, then your conceal carry permit is honored in that state as well. But, you are subject to that state's conceal carry law itself. Georgia has Reciprocity with all states in the southeast except South Carolina. So if you lived in Georgia and chose to drive through reciprocal states, you might find that particular setup I showed is not legal, and you would need to store it in the glove box, for example, to stay within that State's CC laws. If you are in a state that does not have Reciprocity, then you may be in violation of that state's handgun laws. A little research before a trip can save a lot of possible trouble if you do carry.

I respect anyone's decision to lawfully carry.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do You Carry A Gun In Your 991? DIY Secure Mount.