991 issues, sunroof and mirror

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 08:16 AM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
Unhappy 991 issues, sunroof and mirror

Some of you might have seen my 6 month review video where I talked about the issues I am having with my car, the worst one being the sunroof whistle.

Well I have a new problem now, the passenger rear view mirror keeps moving itself to the fully down position on its own. I can start a trip and the mirrors are fine then go to change lanes 10 minutes later and the mirror is pointing at the ground.

Has anyone else had this problem? Something I am doing wrong? I reset all the preset seat/mirror buttons just in case it was that and it still happens.

The sunroof issue is still ongoing as well as the engine not always starting first time.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mirror issue7.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	321877  
Old 01-16-2014, 08:34 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Nope, sorry to hear it. Your dealer should take care of the mirror easily under warranty.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Never heard of that but try pressing down the driver side mirror adjustment button and see if that solve the problem. I know that if you go in reverse with the passenger side adjustment button already pressed, the mirror will go tilt down to the curb. Maybe pressing the driver side bottom as "default" when driving will help?

Old 01-16-2014, 04:49 PM
ahughes3214 is on a distinguished road
nmurray22,
Sorry to hear about the issues. I had the very same mirror problem on my 2012 997.2 GTS. I believe it is related to the feature that tilts the passenger mirror down when you put the car in reverse gear. The issue was intermittent and as such I never had it fixed. I wouldn't be surprised if the firmware is similar in the 991.
If I recall correctly to set the feature, you select the pass mirror, put the car in reverse and set the tilt, then you put the car in forward gear and set it to the normal driving position. This feature only works when the pass mirror is selected.
Its been a little while, but I believe I set the two (forward and reverse) positions to the same driving position and don't remember it occurring again. I traded the car with the issue.
Drew

Old 01-17-2014, 02:08 PM
hdawg will become famous soon enough
That sunroof whistle is a killer! Would drive me nuts. Mind u i have the non glass sunroof and that rattled like crazy until it was eventually fixed. Surprised your dealer cant sort that out. Surely must be one of the seals no?

Old 01-17-2014, 02:58 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nmurray22
Some of you might have seen my 6 month review video where I talked about the issues I am having with my car, the worst one being the sunroof whistle.

Well I have a new problem now, the passenger rear view mirror keeps moving itself to the fully down position on its own. I can start a trip and the mirrors are fine then go to change lanes 10 minutes later and the mirror is pointing at the ground.

Has anyone else had this problem? Something I am doing wrong? I reset all the preset seat/mirror buttons just in case it was that and it still happens.

The sunroof issue is still ongoing as well as the engine not always starting first time.
I have the same problem. You can mitigate it a little by turning on the air re-circulation button. But of course that's only a temporary. Porsche must fix this for us. I checked with my dealer and he listened to it on the phone while I drove. He was shocked and asked me to bring it in immediately. Mine normally goes away when I use the re-circulation and I've got to work my schedule out to get it there. They don't give 911s loaners either. I was hoping that they had experience with others or a recall on this issue, but they did not.

Sorry you have these problems. Hope the re-circulate works for you until you get a chance to get it in.

ChuckJ
PS: I grew up in Westport, CT and my mother-in-law lived in Washington, CT where I loved driving my Porsches.

Last edited by ChuckJ; 01-17-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:56 PM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
Wink

Originally Posted by ChuckJ
I have the same problem. You can mitigate it a little by turning on the air re-circulation button. But of course that's only a temporary. Porsche must fix this for us. I checked with my dealer and he listened to it on the phone while I drove. He was shocked and asked me to bring it in immediately. Mine normally goes away when I use the re-circulation and I've got to work my schedule out to get it there. They don't give 911s loaners either. I was hoping that they had experience with others or a recall on this issue, but they did not.

Sorry you have these problems. Hope the re-circulate works for you until you get a chance to get it in.

ChuckJ
PS: I grew up in Westport, CT and my mother-in-law lived in Washington, CT where I loved driving my Porsches.

Hi Chuck,

Thanks, yes the re-circulation button fixed the problem... well reduced it so I am not bleeding from the ears

Proves that it is pressure issue I think.

The dealer is taping up different parts of the car next week to try and find the problem. That will look just awesome I am sure. Like some test car on the Nurburgring!

I think there are still quite a few 'people' looking for you here in CT Chuck. I will keep your location to myself ; )