Getting cold feet! Anyone with Sapphire Blue Metallic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Porschejeff is on a distinguished road
I think it is all personal choice. But, you also must consider resale value. Certain colors command a better resale price. For me, I just pulled the trigger on my 4th Silver P car. I only drive monochrome color cars, Black, white, silver, gray. Maybe I'm just a boring CPA...lol
Silver btw doesn't show dirt like some of the others. I think black is the best looking, but high maintenance to keep it sparkling and swirl free. Just my 2 cents

Old 02-08-2014, 11:58 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
I would go with the platinum wheels for sure.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:54 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Go with the Blue!

We need more color out there!

I just wished we had both sapphire and aqua on the option list though... 2 of the most beautiful colors I've seen in a while.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:18 PM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
It's a sports car. The darker colors obscure the lines, the lighter colors highlight the curves. I've owned many different colored sports cars including orange metallic and finding a buyer has never been a problem. The sapphire is stunning, go for it.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:35 AM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
Beautiful color but as we all know, comes down to personal taste. One thing I would like to take issue with though is white & silver are actually the two easiest colors to maintain and shows the least amount of dirt. The sapphire blue would definitely require more time on your part assuming you want to keep it looking pristine.

Go look at any dark color paint at noon with the sun out and directly overhead - you will see every imperfection & swirl. If that doesn't bother you or you can't see it, then any of the darker colors will work. Detailing my cars is my hobby and therapy - white or silver for me. Best of luck and there is no bad choice here.

Old 02-10-2014, 04:38 AM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Porschejeff
I think it is all personal choice. But, you also must consider resale value. Certain colors command a better resale price. For me, I just pulled the trigger on my 4th Silver P car. I only drive monochrome color cars, Black, white, silver, gray. Maybe I'm just a boring CPA...lol
Silver btw doesn't show dirt like some of the others. I think black is the best looking, but high maintenance to keep it sparkling and swirl free. Just my 2 cents
To this end I've asked three different dealers what are the best colors for resale. The answer has been the same: white, black, silver & agate gray. (not in any special order) A consideration of course but your buying the car for you - not for someone in 4-6 years down the road. And I couldn't agree more - black is a knockout but a maintenance nightmare. Gloss black being much worse than metallic black.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:11 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by addysdaddy
To this end I've asked three different dealers what are the best colors for resale. The answer has been the same: white, black, silver & agate gray. (not in any special order) A consideration of course but your buying the car for you - not for someone in 4-6 years down the road. And I couldn't agree more - black is a knockout but a maintenance nightmare. Gloss black being much worse than metallic black.
I like to say that black is a career when it comes to car colours. Black shows everything. Funny that you should mention those colours, though, because I asked my dealer that question and the most popular colours in the D.C. area are black, white, and agate gray. Personally, when it comes to cars, I choose colours that appeal to me and not the next buyer. I can honestly say that when purchasing or leasing I've never considered resale value based on colour.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:27 PM
raidersfan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CALGUY
Lets face it you are going to sell this car or trade it in eventually. Blue is a color that looks great but does not appeal to the masses in the Porsche world. So if you don't care about resale get whatever color you want. If you do stick with Silver or Black. If not you will loose another $5K or more when you move on. Blue is great new but will give you the blues when used.
Are you sure about that? When I see a bright blue come up for sale, it holds its own at a minimum, and often fetches a premium or at least sells VERY quickly. At least in the 991-997-987-981 world. An aqua blue GTS 997 came up for sale last fall with black full leather, 18-ways, yellow seat belts and contrasting stitching, and it started a bidding war!

Dark Blue, however, is a different story, and the new Miami Blue doesn't seem to be all that popular.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:33 PM
raidersfan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by addysdaddy
I think dealers have a different perspective than enthusiasts. They like volume and "easy". Those colors are easy. In my experience, the hottest colors are the hard to find ones. I had a 997.2 in Creme White that I sold a few months back on the PCA Mart. I offered it to the dealer on consignment and they said "it is a weird color, may not sell....not interested" even though the car was spotless, CPO'd, with 21,000 miles.

Anyways, I listed it on the Mart for what I hoped to get on consignment after fees, and I had 15 inquiries, one immediate full-priced offer, and 2 people in line offering to pay $2500 than the asking price (which wouldn't have been fair however to the buyer).

Unique colors do sell! At least to enthusiasts. Perhaps not to the non-Porschephile who just wants a fancy car every 3 years

Old 07-23-2018, 08:22 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I have owned many silver 911s and love the color. I also have a Sapphire GT and it's a much more "special" color imo. If I want low profile I'd go silver. If you want unusual go Sapphire imo.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1 (31).jpg
Views:	2291
Size:	374.6 KB
ID:	529092  
Old 07-23-2018, 09:20 AM
Hurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1960apache
Ok so I guess buying an expensive car is like getting married, it's all cool until you have to actually walk down the isle.

I have been playing with different combinations of a silver with red interior, but now that I am almost ready to walk into the dealer, I am wondering about a blond or redhead that might be more interesting. I saw a few different combinations of the Sapphire Blue Metallic and wanted to see who has it and if they like it more or less over time. It is a bit loud, but at least it stands out, it's a Porsche and should stand out. I keep seeing so many silver 911 but you really have to look because they just seem to blend in to the road. I have never had a silver car and not knocking the looks, but sometimes it looks dusty or like dirty white. But when it is clean and has something like buildings to reflect off of it, it looks killer, and it kind of has a lot of Heritage with Porsche, so that is the dilemma, it's a pretty safe color to go with.

I think it looks great with the duck tail and black painted wheels, kind of a retro 1973 RS look and the Aerokit looks great with the silver wheels, and with the yellow of the PCCB, which I am sold on, and the matching yellow gauges and seatbelts, I think it is a great combination, kind of like when you buy a Ferrari, you assume is should be red, same with a Porsche, it should be black or some loud color or with graphics!

Anyway, here are some pics that got my attention, man, too many options and choices.

Anyway, chime in good or bad!!
I know this is a four year old thread but someone else has kept it alive...so what the heck.

Sapphire blue is one of the most beautiful colors on a 991. I have received far more complements on my 2018 Sapphire Blue 991.2GTS than I did on my previous Basalt Black and Black 991.1S's. (I had a 2012.5 and a 2013). It is a gorgeous color!

That being said...Sapphire Blue is no longer offered. I hope they come up with a new blue that is also cool! (I also liked the previous Aqua Blue.)

Old 07-26-2018, 01:31 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
If you are buying the car for yourself get what you want. If accessorized with taste almost any color will find a buyer down the road.
I had a Guards Red 4S before the TTS and it sold after 5 days on the lot because it was accessorized beautifully. My wife's Macan is Sapphire Blue and it's beautiful. Either the Aqua or SB are stunning.
I chose GT Silver after the GR as I was looking for the TTS to be more classic and I think GT Silver with Black bits is just right. But I bought it for me not the next buyer.
Good luck.

Old 06-26-2023, 05:15 AM
Bertsboat is an unknown quantity at this point
Aqua Blue Metallic over Cocoa Boxster Spyder. Only 18 AMB cars ordered.

Old 10-15-2023, 12:22 PM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Cool

New to me '18 Targa 4, in Sapphire Blue

This replaced my likewise Sapphire Blue Cayenne GTS.

Old 10-16-2023, 05:56 AM
DarienAL is an unknown quantity at this point
DarienAL

Have a friend with a sapphire blue metallic gt3. Gorgeous color. If you are buying this car for YOU. Then I say go for it.