2013 7speed Manual a keeper?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Size is on a distinguished road
2013 7speed Manual a keeper?

Question: All my buds keep mentioning that having a 7-speed manual 911 is going to be a keeper (meaning it will be worth $$$) since Porsche will stop making a manual soon. I'm not looking to bring in other variables, such as option combinations (like sport chrono+) to determine a keeper, just the fact that having a manual trani will make the difference. Perhaps one day far into the future it will be rarer, just like a car with a column shifter is? But those cars aren't more valuable (or less?) than others because of a shifter. What do you guys think?

Old 03-11-2014, 07:28 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Personally I think the difference in value will be negotiable in the near future.
However, if the distant future (when we are all gone) it just may be more relevant.

It's going to be a while before it becomes the "Last of the Mohicans" like the 993.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:34 PM
certified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of light
Don't ever bet on a car becoming valuable. Chances are it won't. Treat it as a commodity, which it is.

The boomer generation is dying....classic car values skyrocketed recently but will fall as the boomer generation shinks. Fewer cars are manual today, and fewer kids really care about cars (video games have taken over). Electric cars are on the upswing, and who knows what the market and regulation will look like in 10 years.

Don't pick an option because you think it will add value at resale. Pick a car you want to drive, drive it as long as you want, and then sell it at whatever market will price it at. (And most options have $0 resale value).

It is a car, not a financial transaction. If you want something you can bet on, buy a 993.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Lebreeze will become famous soon enoughLebreeze will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by certified_prime
Don't ever bet on a car becoming valuable. Chances are it won't. Treat it as a commodity, which it is.

The boomer generation is dying....classic car values skyrocketed recently but will fall as the boomer generation shinks. Fewer cars are manual today, and fewer kids really care about cars (video games have taken over). Electric cars are on the upswing, and who knows what the market and regulation will look like in 10 years.

Don't pick an option because you think it will add value at resale. Pick a car you want to drive, drive it as long as you want, and then sell it at whatever market will price it at. (And most options have $0 resale value).

It is a car, not a financial transaction. If you want something you can bet on, buy a 993.
Amen

Old 03-11-2014, 10:38 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
^^^^^^

What he said !

Old 03-12-2014, 02:57 AM
does195 is on a distinguished road
+1 that's why the 993TT is sitting in the warehouse and the 991 is on its way to Sebring!

Old 03-12-2014, 03:51 AM
19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of19hole has much to be proud of
If you are looking for a car that is actually an investment, you need to look at either a 356 or pretty much any Ferrari....

Old 03-12-2014, 07:36 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Most young men also believe that their first wife is a keeper.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:01 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
Most young men also believe that their first wife is a keeper.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:13 AM
nicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond reputenicoli has a reputation beyond repute
just back from a nice early open top rev-fest! I dunno if I'm ever gonna let this car go.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Thanks for your feedback. I've formed an opinion after reading your thoughts and thinking about it some. As an FYI, I wouldn't buy this car as an investment. I bought the car to drive it - and that I am. Whether I should keep it, given the stick versus PDK is the question. If you look at Ferrari's because they made fewer cars years ago, they usually price like a U - start off high, drop after a few years and then tend to go back up and up, because of the rarity and panache of owning one. Its not because they are manual. Looking at Lambos and Ferraris there are surely fewer sticks to find, but are Ferrari buyers/owners looking for an investment, buying a stick car? My thinking is that there will always be a small minority who want a stick, but collectors will buy a car for the combination of passion, beauty and rarity, regardless of whether its a stick or not.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:28 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Size
Whether I should keep it, given the stick versus PDK is the question...

My thinking is that there will always be a small minority who want a stick, but collectors will buy a car for the combination of passion, beauty and rarity, regardless of whether its a stick or not.
I think you may have answered your own question.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Yep, formed my opinion. Just took a while to think about.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:50 AM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !

Perfectly stated.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !

+1 Very well put. Thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 7speed Manual a keeper?