991 issues update and lemon law filing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 12:30 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Nick, very sorry to hear about the persistent (and now, scary) problems with your car. Good luck with the lemon-law process, and I certainly hope PCNA does the right thing and takes your car back and makes you whole. As good as the car might be (objectively), I'm not quite sure I'd be able to order a new 991 (or any Porsche) if I were in your shoes. Please keep us posted on the situation, and I'm interested in hearing what you decide to do next.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:18 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by nmurray22
Wow that is good to know. What sort of proof did you need to provide if you don't mind me asking?

We retained a lemon-law attorney and we provided all service records indicating that our Cayenne was inspected by the dealership multiple times for the same recurring issues.

There were two key factors that strengthened our case:

First, the number of days our Cayenne was in service qualified for the law's minimum days required.

Second, the repeat service visits were due to the same continuous problems.

Make sure that the dealership is properly documenting the issues you are having. Porsche often instructs the service departments to be vague in their descriptions. The more detailed the records are, the better it is for you. The videos you have made should aid you in your case.

Last edited by empunker; 03-19-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:30 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dux
Nick - You and your car have been through the proverbial ringer, and in my humble opinion the dying electronics are the death knell. Your despondency is quite apparent and well founded.

1. There are different reps for each region. You'll have to find out who covers your geographic region.

2. At this point you're done with the dealer. They are merely a go-between but will add absolutely no value going forward.

3. Document EVERYTHING. Send any / all letters certified mail. Don't agree to anything prematurely and set all emotions aside.

4. PCNA has one objective - to keep you in a Porsche (preferably the one you're driving).

At this point pursuing the Lemon law is your most logical avenue. If by some miracle Porsche agrees to take the car back and replace it, then so be it. But PCNA have to be involved and you have to officially open a case with them.

All the best.
I agree with all of this ... BUT -

I probably would choose a different route altogether though . He has already been through hell with the car . Adding a lemon law drama extends it .

There is one way to turn this negative into an immediate positive . It means both sides have find a compromise .

He bought this car from a dealership . He serviced it there . They have a chance to smooth this over and come out like champions . They have to be willing to give an incredible deal but he has to be willing to spend some money . They take his 2013 car and sell him a 2014 car right off the lot TODAY.

I do believe that it is possible to fix his car . It may take months (even a year if need be) but it can be done . they can do it but it's their (and porsches) problem.

Here's an informal estimate of what this might cost . Just guessing his high option car costs about 130Kand has about 13K miles . It's worth about 89K wholesale . Then he finds a more modest 2014 car at 115K sold at invoice (11 percent off = 102.5 K)

It wil cost him approx 11.5 K to start over. He gets a car one year newer and with no miles plus full warranty, less options but no more drama .
They win. He wins . They can take their time and fix the car .

He can post a video of him and the GM with tears of joy as he drives his new car off the lot with a smile .

That's my .02 .

Last edited by yrralis1; 03-19-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:03 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
^ I would not settle for a lot car, in exchange for a custom ordered car.

Although, a straight trade for a GT3, that someone requested a buy-back for, would be a go ; )

Old 03-20-2014, 12:56 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lunarx
^ I would not settle for a lot car, in exchange for a custom ordered car.

Although, a straight trade for a GT3, that someone requested a buy-back for, would be a go ; )
A lot car is an immediate end to the dilema with car close enough to be nice for 3 more years . A car is a car !! It's not some type of irreplaceble item . The time he loses in this drama can not be replaced however.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:00 AM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yrralis1
A lot car is an immediate end to the dilema with car close enough to be nice for 3 more years . A car is a car !! It's not some type of irreplaceble item . The time he loses in this drama can not be replaced however.
It's a nice thought but if you knew what a money grubbing brunch of asses the sales team at my dealership are you would understand why I steer a million miles from this suggestion. It would be a win win win for them no doubt about it. I have no interest in a floor model car and giving them even more money just because they can not fix my car, just a bad deal for me all around.

Anyway we have progress from PCNA they are talking about buying my car back or getting me a new one. The lemon law arbitration is only a few days away now so if PCNA don't fix this for me then Connecticut Consumer protection laws certainly will. They say it is as strong case as they have ever seen.

Last edited by nmurray22; 03-20-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:16 AM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
Here's hoping that the settlement is in your favor and swift - you've suffered enough.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:20 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Good for you Nick.

I can't imagine that after all you're been through, that you wouldn't be willing to wait a few months to get what you want and deserve. I don't see patience being an issue for you.

I also can't fathom the notion of paying the dealership a dime to "buy" a new car. That is the most absurd of all options.

Wait it out and you shall be whole again.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:23 AM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
It's a nice thought but if you knew what a money grubbing brunch of asses the sales team at my dealership are you would understand why I steer a million miles from this suggestion. It would be a win win win for them no doubt about it. I have no interest in a floor model car and giving them even more money just because they can not fix my car, just a bad deal for me all around.

Anyway we have progress from PCNA they are talking about buying my car back or getting me a new one. The lemon law arbitration is only a few days away now so if PCNA don't fix this for me then Connecticut Consumer protection laws certainly will. They say it is as strong case as they have ever seen.
Played this game on a new Mercedes in 1995. They want you to acquiesce to their terms.

Keep the heat on & you will win....

Old 03-20-2014, 08:29 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Hoping for a speedy solution for you to your satisfaction. Looks like PCNA is finally willing to deal after the evidence was clear and when push came to shove. Keep us posted! Waiting for you next video (should be a good one).

Old 03-20-2014, 09:03 AM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
I want to thank you all (and everyone on Rennlist) for the support and advice you have given me here, simply outstanding that so many of you would take the time to give advice and feedback I am so very grateful to you all. It really means a lot to get support from the owners community. You guys/girls are amazing you truly are. I want to buy you all dinner : )

Old 03-20-2014, 09:50 AM
tanman will become famous soon enough
PCNA assuredly knows this is a strong case for a buyback. Although I doubt they will offer a settlement prior to the arbitration process. If the process can possibly limit their monetary liability, then they surely will wait for the decision. My feeling is PCNA will offer you a new car after arbitration, since refunds are out of the question. In the end, you will have a new Porsche to fall in love all over again. Something to look forward to.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:40 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
I want to buy you all dinner : )
I accept Visa / Mastercard and Paypal. (No checks)

Old 03-20-2014, 12:34 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Nick, good luck with the arbitration. I'm rooting for you! Hope everything is resolved to your satisfaction, as you certainly deserve (and then some).

Old 03-20-2014, 01:32 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Is the arbitration mandatory? If not, is the decision of the arbitrator final?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filing