991 issues update and lemon law filing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:13 PM
911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice

Last edited by 911F1; 01-19-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:19 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
document it and lemon law it. That will get attention.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:27 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by scatkins
Keep in mind this thread should be sticky.. I'm sure PCNA will love knowing that anyone in the future having a problem will be able to google and get this..

It's nice having a documented case study and understanding of how a well lawyered up company operates and their tactics..

A good idea! We need to get Nick some action. And we need to bring light to these types of tactics by PCNA. They do check these boards from time to time, and it could be effective. The sad thing is that Porsche could have come across as a hero in all of this. They chose not to.
You know, they are building C7 corvettes with paint drips on them. GM reps are ACTIVELY engaging customers on their forum. Open discussions. And several have been picked up by GM, brought back to the factory, reskinned, and redelivered at the museum. All on GM's dime. Hard to believe that they are more buyer oriented than Porsche. Times are a'changin'.....

Old 04-09-2014, 09:34 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JohnM
Hard to believe that they are more buyer oriented than Porsche. Times are a'changin'.....
Sadly, arrogance tends to lead to complacency..

Old 04-09-2014, 10:45 AM
911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice

Last edited by 911F1; 01-19-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:31 AM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 911F1
I have the crank positioning sensor issue you spoke of. They tried to repair once but my car still won't start and it stalls all the time. PCNA brushed me off just like you. They don't care about us. Very sad. Now I live with it. Not because I want to. But because I have no choice for now. My dealer won't even look at it anymore.
This is a dealer failure.
Who is your dealer?
You owe it to us, so we can avoid this crap dealer, that is bad enough to refuse to fix a serious problem with your car.

I know CA dealers are among the worst, but this is beyond ridiculous.

It's unbelievable that a dealer would refuse warranty repairs.

Last edited by lunarx; 04-09-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:38 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
I was thinking about this post last night and the general consensus of the 991 in relation to these conversations. Just like the OP, I too have been having problems. From time to time I report my experiences on this board. I read a few post about how some members are now turning away from the 991. I understand we all want to come together to discuss are cars for good or bad. But, whats the bad discussions doing to our resale value. Probably not helping, right? If I knew what I know now about my car. I for one wouldn't have purchased it. Or I would have waited until these problems have been resolved. Just something to think about. Sorry if this is drifting away from the original topic. I hope things work out for the OP.
Do you actually believe that, with the exception of their ability to separate us from our money in large amounts, PCNA is different from any other automobile manufacture? Resale? Don't worry. Folks like me dream of owning a Porsche.

Car manufacturers dream and foster owners' complacency. Got a problem: say it loud, say it proud and don't worry so long as you stick to the facts.

Old 04-09-2014, 01:15 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
I was thinking about this post last night and the general consensus of the 991 in relation to these conversations. Just like the OP, I too have been having problems. From time to time I report my experiences on this board. I read a few post about how some members are now turning away from the 991. I understand we all want to come together to discuss are cars for good or bad. But, whats the bad discussions doing to our resale value. Probably not helping, right? If I knew what I know now about my car. I for one wouldn't have purchased it. Or I would have waited until these problems have been resolved. Just something to think about. Sorry if this is drifting away from the original topic. I hope things work out for the OP.
Not in the least. Would I worry.. This such a narrow audience it doesn't even register on the consumer scale..

The vast majority of owners are not enthusiasts like us. They go to a dealer and buy something pretty.. More likely to look at the crap consumer reports puts out..

In reality it's an electromechanical device with a lot of complexity and things happen,. And yeah you get a lemon.. But it is the exception not the rule..

Old 04-09-2014, 02:09 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
As of today (4/9/14) about 5,500 views of this thread on 6 SPD & over 15,000
on Rennlist.

20K is not a small number in my book...good news travels fast - bad news even faster!

Old 04-09-2014, 03:50 PM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by scatkins
Not in the least. Would I worry.. This such a narrow audience it doesn't even register on the consumer scale..

The vast majority of owners are not enthusiasts like us. They go to a dealer and buy something pretty.. More likely to look at the crap consumer reports puts out..

In reality it's an electromechanical device with a lot of complexity and things happen,. And yeah you get a lemon.. But it is the exception not the rule..

Agreed. It's a horrible situation for Nick. But it's not a general 991 matter, no matter how hard one tries to stretch it.

Old 04-10-2014, 02:53 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by nmurray22
The problem I have is that while I want to be fair and accommodating where possible, I am at the end of my patience and this is starting to take a toll on my health.

Nick
Unsolicited advice... life is short but precious. You have been way more than reasonable and demonstrated the patience of a saint. It's time to move onward and upward and put this behind you.

I wouldn't drive the car. Your health and well being are more important and honestly, as much as I love Porsche, there are far to many other good options out there.

You seemed to have liked your M3. I'm not sure how the net turbo motor in the upcoming M3/M4 will be but maybe that's something to look at.

Hang in there.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:58 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
They owe you no less than a new car.
They should only deduct any usage, from the time you bought it until you had to start taking it in for repairs.
That date should begin the lost service, and you should not be deducted for use for any days after that.

I think you should order a new car now and work out the credit, owed to you, during your arbitration.
If they don't want to credit you, to your satisfaction, then just back out of the order.

That gives you something to start looking forward to and demonstrates your seriousness in the matter.

Also they should throw in 4Y service and extra 2Y warranty on the new car.
Can't hurt to ask, they owe you for your mental suffering.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road
I led a customer service group for Fortune 500 Company committed to using customer satisfaction for strategic advantage. We knew that unfortunately problems will occur no matter how well you make them. The issue is how you respond to them. It is better to acknowledge issues and rise to the occasion to retain customer loyalty. It is far less costly to retain customer loyalty then acquire it. Unfortunately many companies just don't get it.