Rattle fix 991 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 12:54 PM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
I was in for brake fluid change and asked them to work on the doors. They said they moved some of the wiring and taped it down and added some felt tape as well. Sounds much better now.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:22 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Great job!!! Thank goodness I don't have any rattles- I hate them also.

ChuckJ

Old 04-15-2014, 08:25 PM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
Do you think it would okay to use lithium grease? The bike lube is too much a liquid.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:03 AM
TRM
TRM will become famous soon enoughTRM will become famous soon enough
Great tips. Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:07 AM
nash667 has a spectacular aura aboutnash667 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
Yep, passenger side whenever my wife is in the seat. She's not big at all, if that's your first thought. In just live with it as I travel on a damned brick road that tends to make everything loose or rattle.
Ha yeah i have it and im not that big at all. Its annoying because i fixed most the rattles and now this is the only thing! cant seem to figure it out.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
I picked these up at home depot and was able to eliminate some of the trim rattles, especially around the rear windows. I was able to push and place small pieces under the trim with my trim tool.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3653.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	360686   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3654.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	360687  
Old 04-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Self sticking Velcro (fuzzy side) works great as a rattle cushion, too!

Old 07-04-2014, 11:50 AM
@last will become famous soon enough
Update on sunroof rattle

so my sunroof started to make a knocking sound when closed. sent it to the dealer and a week late got it back ...yup a whole 5 days!!

any way they stripped it and put it back together and it was gone or so i thought.

about two weeks later its back. so i marched off to the local motor parts store and bought some door sealer (like a spongey adhesive tape about a CM thick.)

if you tilt the sunroof open you will see some felt on a rail on top near the back.
i stuck the spongy tape there and presto knocking noise gone....been gone for over a month now. it compresses on itself when you close the roof. seems the roof moves in the frame ever so slightly and this causes the knocking or rattle sound.

hope this helps the next guy as it drove me insane!

Old 07-05-2014, 05:45 AM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
After being chaufferured around yesterday for a bit by my better half, I finally found the source of a rattle that started after two years of quiet ownership use -- the right rear seat belt/c-pillar covering. Anyone had this piece off yet? Any pointers on tricky clips or whatnot?

Thank you in advance for any pointers.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:21 AM
shumi_9 is on a distinguished road
steering column

Has anyone experienced and fixed a rattle from the steering column?

Old 07-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by fbroen
After being chaufferured around yesterday for a bit by my better half, I finally found the source of a rattle that started after two years of quiet ownership use -- the right rear seat belt/c-pillar covering. Anyone had this piece off yet? Any pointers on tricky clips or whatnot? Thank you in advance for any pointers.
Mine had a small rattle too. Comes off easily. Just watch out for small plastic clear grommets. They can fall in the body work. There is also a orange material attachment you just lift the clip up with a small flat screwdriver and then you can pop it out. Basically was the metal clips that rattle. Not 100 % gone but way better. Only every now and then it's back.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by fbroen
After being chaufferured around yesterday for a bit by my better half, I finally found the source of a rattle that started after two years of quiet ownership use -- the right rear seat belt/c-pillar covering. Anyone had this piece off yet? Any pointers on tricky clips or whatnot? Thank you in advance for any pointers.
Almost forgot. You gotta take the rear cover off first. The one that hides the symposer it just pulls out.

Old 07-25-2014, 01:38 PM
fbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to beholdfbroen is a splendid one to behold
Thank you. Very helpful. I will get to it.

I have had the back/symposer cover off before...

Old 07-26-2014, 07:55 AM
shumi_9 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=shumi_9;4148096]Has anyone experienced and fixed a rattle from the steering column?[/QUOTE

This turned out to be a three day job and had nothing to do with the steering column or instrument panel. Believe it or not it was a fuel tank placement issue....tank rubbing on fire wall. Sounded like a creek more than a rattle.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Hurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond reputeHurricane has a reputation beyond repute
I need to bookmark this thread lol!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rattle fix 991 911