991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 10:52 AM
nmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud ofnmurray22 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by See U n Rear View
And if I get flamed for stating my opinion so be it, but I would not have posted this video prior to getting a resolution from Porsche.

Now, you are asking for not only Porsche to return your money and/or replace your vehicle, but are publicly dragging them thru the coals and asking for your video to be posted on "social media" for what?? Do you think that type of help will force Porsche to come to your aid?

You are taking your pound of flesh, before a resolution, which could very well be in your favor.

My grandpa told me, "If your asking for someone to do something you need to be nice..."

I only know your side, and I have seen Porsche step of to the plate many times and more so than many manufacturers put together, not to mention they have less problems per 100 vehicles than any other manufacturer.

I truly feel for you and I know in my heart that, although this is the Car-business-game, that Porsche will come thru for you not because of your video or by mass hysteria, but because they are passionate about cars as well as their customers and deep down truly care about their Porsche Family Members...
I truly believe this as well and I have tried and tried to keep calm about this but PCNA behavior towards me has broken me as late and I need to stand up for myself and hit back but at the same time be fair and just tell it like I see it. No need to lie or name names or make threats.

I hope people understand this.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:56 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Yup - the majority of us fully understand this.
Quite frankly, most of us were wondering what took you so long to get to this point.

I really wish that people would get it into their heads that PCNA does not care about a customer.
As long as they maintain a good perception with their customerS, then everything is just fine...

Old 04-16-2014, 11:07 AM
JohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud ofJohnM has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Really? You cancelled your order because someone got a lemon? This happened to my buddy's Ferrari. Lemon's happen people. I understand the frustration with PCNA and I also think they should be handeling this differently, but that's why we have lemon laws. Follow the process and all will be resolved. In Murray's case it looks like an easy win and PCNA is trying all they can to avoid the inevitable. Drop the car off, get a pcar loaner till the 26th and then move on. I'm sure it will take them another week or so to figure the current water issue. I had a VW Jetta lemon lawed and bought another VW and had no issues at all. It's obvious this car has water leakage issues that is causing all sorts of electronic issues and shorting multiple things. They should be looking at this car with a fire hydrant to check for leaks. To late for that and you have been very patient. Good luck on the 26th but you don't need it. Just count down the days but don't be afraid to get another Porsche. This happens with every other manufacturer as well.
No, Sir. You misunderstood my motivations!

I did not cancel an order because of a Lemon. Lemons happen and are almost random. You put enough cars together, they will occur at a certain rate. It is NOT necessarily indicative of the overall vehicle quality. (although it may become statistically significant if incidence becomes high enough)

What I did cancel my order for, was PCNA's response and actions to this event. In great contrast to the above scenario, this is actually 100% indicative of how Porsche view customers. This is very significant. It shows you where your place is. And that place is in the toilet.

If I do a procedure on a patient and the results don't satisfy the patient, they will confront me. That is a significant thing in and of itself... but of real significance is HOW I handle the issue. No matter what happens, every one of them feels appreciated, and valued. I resolve it immediately, no matter what the cost to me or my business. And I don't make $25,000 on each of them.

Also for consideration; Has there ever been a better and more justifiable case than Nick's? He is a Porsche lover. And he is erudite, well spoken, reasonable and patient. He is a asset to Porsche. There should be no suspicion of his motives. If he were a 20 Y/O street racer from the Bronx, and had all sorts of Mods on his car, then....Ok, I see a reason to investigate for months. But, the car is a Lemon. 2 weeks after they contacted him, they need to determine how to handle this. Within the month, he should be satisfied. The End.

So in a nutshell, it is PCNA that is the problem here. Not their product.

And as an aside story: I once had an issue with a Patek wristwatch. Basically a lemon. It was sent back to Henry Stern watch agency as well as Patek in Europe. After 2 years, and 5 tries to fix it, I finally called and spoke to management. They were hostile, arrogant and rude. When I asked what thought they had concerning the numerous failures of this timepiece, they responded, "perhaps you are not the sort of buyer that Patek Philippe wants".... Boom! I returned the watch to the dealer for a full refund and never looked at them again. If the customer is not appreciated, what does that say?

Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by nmurray22
I truly believe this as well and I have tried and tried to keep calm about this but PCNA behavior towards me has broken me as late and I need to stand up for myself and hit back but at the same time be fair and just tell it like I see it. No need to lie or name names or make threats.

I hope people understand this.
I can only speak for myself and to reiterate... I think you've demonstrated remarkable patience and civility. I hate to say it, but I would have lost my temper a long, long time ago. That's both a criticism of me and a testament to your maturity.

Continued hopes that Porsche realizes how poorly they are acting, comes to their senses, and does the right thing.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:13 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JohnM
He is a asset to Porsche. There should be no suspicion of his motives. If he were a 20 Y/O street racer from the Bronx, and had all sorts of Mods on his car, then....
25 Y/O Kiwi street racer = trouble...

Old 04-16-2014, 11:25 AM
genpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nice

wishing for an upcoming resolution so Nick can be happy/stress-free

Old 04-16-2014, 11:57 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
I TOTALLY Agree. PCNA is terrible. They did a follow-up call about my vehicle a couple of weeks after I purchased. I told them about the few issues I had since purchase (minor). They said, that they would talk to my dealer and follow-up. Guess what? Nothing...no call.

Anyways, based on what I heard, PCNA can bite-me. Once they sell you a car, they can care less afterwards.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:07 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Actually I was pretty impressed with porsche on the GT3 situation. 2 fires from loose bolts and they replace the entire engine on all GT3s? They didn't have to do that.
Go over to Rennlist for an education on how most GT3 owners (and waiters) feel about PCNA

Old 04-16-2014, 01:46 PM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough
What is so disappointing to you on how Porsche has handled the GT3 situation? Look, I don't work work for Porsche or have any interest in how they do as a company other than owning one of their cars but this is getting way overblown. If you want to move on because of someone else's car so be it. Seems a little crazy in my eyes unless your local dealer is treating you like this as well Honda. Now if you don't like the car anymore that's different. There's lots of fish(cars) in the sea.

Well said ^^^.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:59 PM
HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !HotHonda Is a GOD !
What is so disappointing to you on how Porsche has handled the GT3 situation? Look, I don't work work for Porsche or have any interest in how they do as a company other than owning one of their cars but this is getting way overblown. If you want to move on because of someone else's car so be it. Seems a little crazy in my eyes unless your local dealer is treating you like this as well Honda. Now if you don't like the car anymore that's different. There's lots of fish(cars) in the sea.
I stick with the winners in life - Porsche doesn't fit the bill for me anymore.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:03 PM
FrstPorsche is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HotHonda
I stick with the winners in life - Porsche doesn't fit the bill for me anymore.
Are you basing this off your own car or just off others? I remember how thrilled you were with the car for quite a while after getting it.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:08 PM
FrstPorsche is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HotHonda
Go over to Rennlist for an education on how most GT3 owners (and waiters) feel about PCNA
Please, we are such a demand it now society let alone 150k+ car owners. Did you expect Porsche to know what was wrong with the car right away? They did the right think and put the stop order out to save them and car owners. An issue like that doesn't get resolved easy. Would I want to be one of them? No. But they have all been given loaners, most 911's while having to wait. It sucks but they sure weren't *****ing when they were first in line for the car.

Old 04-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Are you basing this off your own car or just off others? I remember how thrilled you were with the car for quite a while after getting it.
It's not the car, it's the company's attitude....I have other cars.

If you don't understand, no problem. Actions speak volumes - ask Nick.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:04 PM
gulrey22 has a spectacular aura aboutgulrey22 has a spectacular aura about
If this is the way you are treated when you have documented the problems the way Nick has, I can't imagine what it would be like for those of us less patient. I would never spend the incredible amount of time and effort. Interesting to know what the dealer would offer as a trade-in value. Would the value be adjusted for the problems they should have be able to fix but have not been able to?

Old 04-16-2014, 03:17 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Hope that this is resolved soon

I have followed Nick's initial, very instructive video on his car and subsequent post and videos about the various problems. His patience and grace is uncommon and I applaud his restraint and resolve. Based upon what he has reported, it certainly appears that he will get a satisfactory resolution soon. It is truly unfortunate that he has had to endure this horror when he simply wanted to enjoy your car. I cannot speak for others, but a Porsche is for fun and the sheer appreciation of its many good qualities.

It will be interesting to learn what the PCNA response will be, unless of course there is some non-disclosure clause in any satisfactory settlement that they may offer before arbitration.

Hang in there Nick.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video