991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 04:15 PM
ManuelCarrillo3 is infamous around these parts
[UPDATE] This Porsche 911 is a Lemon, and it has Messed with the Wrong Guy

I've updated this story on the 6SpeedOnline homepage.

More on the blog.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lemon-Porsche-911-2.jpg
Views:	1022
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	362056  
Old 04-18-2014, 04:36 PM
Yonkers will become famous soon enough
I didn't even realize the interwebz was calling this story the Nine-a-lemon. Hilarious.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Fixinbones will become famous soon enoughFixinbones will become famous soon enough
Congrats Nick! I really want to see you purchase another 911. And if you do, I'd like to see a short video on which options from your previous car you delete as well as which options you pick up on the new car!!

Old 04-18-2014, 04:47 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, good outcome and nice final video..

I still wonder however if the outcome would have been the same if there hadn't been the video, especially the final video. Uhhh no I don't think so..

I wouldn't bee tooo kind to Porsche, they didn't do the right thing on their own, they needed to be embarrassed into it..

Moral of the story, use a big stick when you get f'd over..

Old 04-18-2014, 05:35 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by winemakersam
have been told this is cyber bullying......by an unnamed source........

this damn viral video has attracted a lot of trolls here. :-)

Old 04-18-2014, 05:48 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
Originally Posted by frank69m
this damn viral video has attracted a lot of trolls here. :-)
And on his first post no less
The way this whole saga was handled by the OP is the exact opposite of cyberbullying. If there was any bullying, it came from PCNA. The response from the community at large, was standing up to and denouncing a corporation behaving badly and the community appears to have won this one.
Bullying? Individuals can be bullied. Corporations? Meh...

Old 04-18-2014, 06:37 PM
porschemama will become famous soon enoughporschemama will become famous soon enough
Bravo Nick! Now Porsche made it public, responding to us backing you up on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/porsche/pos...52386175132668

For those without FB from PCNA:
Thank you everyone for responding to Mr. Murray's video. We appreciate your passion and our community's drive for excellent customer service. We at Porsche have always sought excellence in all that we do. We know you expect it of us. And when we don't meet that standard, we make every effort to improve. We want you to know we’ve offered to repurchase or replace Mr. Murray’s car, and we hope we can reignite his passion for Porsche.

Last edited by porschemama; 04-18-2014 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Porsche acknowledges in public
Old 04-18-2014, 07:08 PM
amge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulation Nick. Hopefully Porsche has learned to respond much more quickly next time. Thanks for taking one for the team!

@Porsche - your next problem is only going to ignite faster next time around. Look at all the negative press on the recalls! Get on top of your problems as fast as your cars go! Think in terms of 0-60 seconds rather than 60 days!

Old 04-18-2014, 09:25 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I have the Zite app on my iPhone and and your story showed up.

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/04/dis...w-porsche.html

Old 04-18-2014, 09:28 PM
bboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nicebboerit is just really nice
Congrats Nick! So sorry you had to got through the whole thing. Porsche has done some serious damage to the brand, I hope the Board of Directors over there wises up and cleans some house... All the posts I'm seeing from the folks kissing Porsche's bottom for "doing the right thing" and "yeah to Porsche for doing the right thing" is making me ill. Far too late and too little. Those idiots need to wake up and get a clue.

Looking forward to seeing your new Audi videos!

Best to you...

Old 04-18-2014, 10:03 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Congratulations Nick. You got what you were asking for in the end.

You handled the situation with class all the way. It's too bad you had to go through all this stress and aggravation.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:31 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
This has to be one of the best of the worst threads I have read . I have a few comments .

1) Nick -- You have a lot of patience and I am glad it worked out for you. I could have never gone through it . The time you spent making the videos , documenting every detail , going back and forth to the shop , and the total time involved in various conflict resolution conversations has to have been exhausting .

I probably would have traded in the car 6 months ago had it been me .The extra expense would have been rationalized as offering some peace of mind . It must have been so stressful to have a depreciating car with all types of issues just accumlating more time and effort .

2) You raise the point of how this ought not change ones perception of Porsche . It has not changed mine. I am a 10 time Porsche owner and only one ( 86 944 Turbo) had issues . The rest have been quite reliable .

I believe that any manufacturer once in awhile can get the recipe wrong with one of its cars . Apparently this time those keys ended up in your hand .

3) If you opt for another Porsche my thinking is that the only way out is upwards . Has the idea of a Turbo S crossed your mind ?

Last edited by yrralis1; 04-18-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:25 PM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
Ha, any car he orders from Porsche will be built under the microscope probably.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:57 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Makes me wonder if Porsche will dismantle/examine this car to see what happened during the build, or try to fix it and put it back on a lot as CPO, or just crush it and forget about it?

Old 04-19-2014, 12:38 AM
flyanddive will become famous soon enoughflyanddive will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 991TurboS
Makes me wonder if Porsche will dismantle/examine this car to see what happened during the build, or try to fix it and put it back on a lot as CPO, or just crush it and forget about it?
My guess is it was a bad wire harness, which, wasn't repaired correctly. I would never go to the dealership Nick used, I don't think they know what they are doing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video