991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 06:11 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 991TurboS
Makes me wonder if Porsche will dismantle/examine this car to see what happened during the build, or try to fix it and put it back on a lot as CPO, or just crush it and forget about it?
If they do, they may find a lot of questionable repairs below.

ChuckJ

Old 04-19-2014, 06:19 AM
ktownlilrye is on a distinguished road
Smile Well Played

Congratulations !! Glad to hear Porsche stepped up to the plate eventually and tried to make good of the situation. Hopefully you get a new 911 and have no issues with it so you can enjoy the real experience of driving such a car.
ps. thank you for sharing some of the comments on your last video lol

Old 04-19-2014, 11:32 AM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
With all the $ PGA is making off of all of us, it's about time they stepped up. Unlike the coolant fitting issue where as they left us all hanging.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:02 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Actually, one good thing that came out of this is pricing for the rest of us who are going to be purchasing. Everyone hates PCNA. Demand goes lower. Thus, prices :-)

Old 04-19-2014, 02:58 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyanddive
My guess is it was a bad wire harness, which, wasn't repaired correctly. I would never go to the dealership Nick used, I don't think they know what they are doing.
I suspect this is exactly what happened. Most of the things I saw in the different videos were all electrical related.. The over a bump and everything stalling was a clear indication of an interconnect issue..

Problem is I'm not sure mechanics are really trained at looking at root causes.. They go by their shop manual which is a symptom by symptom approach.. I'm sure a sharper mechanic or engineer would stand back and look at the bigger picture and have just ripped the major harnesses out and tried to isolate..

Unfortunately nick wasn't so lucky and just got the swap things and send it out the door treatment, when in reality the issues were all probably related..

Old 04-19-2014, 03:45 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
I have been watching all the videos and I am glad this is working out finally. The 911 is a great car but you, unfortunately, got a bad one. No need to think the will happen again. I guess PCNA should have stepped up to the plate sooner and replaced your car. I had a 996 that was burning oil like no tomorrow. Porsche approved a new engine without much of a hassle.
They should have replaced your car sooner but alls well that ends well.......I hope.

Last edited by neil.schneider; 04-19-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:48 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Nick, I just saw your last video. You handled the situation with far more grace than many of us would have. And despite all the frustrations you had to deal with, I see you as a person who is a class act. I'm really happy that this appears to have worked out for you.

Old 04-19-2014, 03:58 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by bbywu
Nick, I just saw your last video. You handled the situation with far more grace than many of us would have. And despite all the frustrations you had to deal with, I see you as a person who is a class act. I'm really happy that this appears to have worked out for you.
My guess is that PCNA was trying to wait you out so you'd just trade in the car or sell it and take the loss on your dime. You are much more tenacious than many others in a similar situation would have been.

Again, chalk one up for the Consumer!

Old 04-19-2014, 04:57 PM
naples991 is on a distinguished road
Porsche needs to make good on its marketing claims. This is why we pay a premium. Plus they make incredible profit on each car. I am assuming they put some away for a rainy day just to make us whole in a case like this

Old 04-19-2014, 05:43 PM
sportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the roughsportscentury is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by frank69m
Actually, one good thing that came out of this is pricing for the rest of us who are going to be purchasing. Everyone hates PCNA. Demand goes lower. Thus, prices :-)

I can't imagine we'll see a noticeable difference in pricing because of this. It would be nice, but this was a story about one bad car that has now been resolved to the buyer's satisfaction. And I think most people buy 911s because of the car, not because of PCNA or how it operates (in fact, I rather doubt many 911 buyers even know what PCNA is). It is more likely that any reduction in pricing we see will be because we're nearing MY2015.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:52 PM
wanderfalke will become famous soon enough
O.k. lets talk about the elephant in the room. If porsche holds out and does not cave in on the full refund demand they would ultimately lose money because Nick's car would be declared a lemon. The money porsche gains on hold back for mileage is not enough to offset the diminished value of a car that is labeled with a salvage title. So lets have a little fun and find that car when it hits the the retail market. What would you pay for the car, everyone has their price. What does the car fax have to say about it ?

Last edited by wanderfalke; 04-19-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:34 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu

+100. Class act Nick. Hopefully PCNA will make good and give you a full refund or another 991 of your choice

Old 04-20-2014, 06:16 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scatkins
I suspect this is exactly what happened. Most of the things I saw in the different videos were all electrical related.. The over a bump and everything stalling was a clear indication of an interconnect issue..

Problem is I'm not sure mechanics are really trained at looking at root causes.. They go by their shop manual which is a symptom by symptom approach.. I'm sure a sharper mechanic or engineer would stand back and look at the bigger picture and have just ripped the major harnesses out and tried to isolate..

Unfortunately nick wasn't so lucky and just got the swap things and send it out the door treatment, when in reality the issues were all probably related..
You are exactly right!. I just hope they take the car back and give it to a team of engineers to diagnose the problem. That will be expensive, but I can't help thinking it will be worth the cost.

ChuckJ

Old 04-20-2014, 06:19 AM
Originally Posted by 991TurboS
My guess is that PCNA was trying to wait you out so you'd just trade in the car or sell it and take the loss on your dime. You are much more tenacious than many others in a similar situation would have been.

Again, chalk one up for the Consumer!
My service manager told me several months ago that his observation was that it would never go to arbitration, it would be settled.

ChuckJ

Old 04-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nmurray22
Hopefully the last you will hear from me on this topic.

Thanks again for your support everyone.

Nick

http://youtu.be/iJjxeyC2W8s
Notice the grey hair and the glasses...gosh what has Porsche done to you!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video