FYI-- Exhaust Campaign (WE12)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:08 PM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
FYI-- Exhaust Campaign (WE12)

New campaign for "exhaust flap vacuum line". Vacuum line and covering gets replaced. Don't know what that means or what difference it makes but it is a new one (at least for early build 991s).

Old 04-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the heads up!

Old 04-17-2014, 06:32 PM
does195 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jster
New campaign for "exhaust flap vacuum line". Vacuum line and covering gets replaced. Don't know what that means or what difference it makes but it is a new one (at least for early build 991s).
Did a google search, nothing. More info???

Old 04-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
For which model? standard or sport exhaust?

Old 04-17-2014, 07:31 PM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
Is this why heater is not working? Haven't had the time to take the car in.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:49 PM
Porschejeff is on a distinguished road
Isn't this the same?

2012 PORSCHE 911 RECALLSNHTSA CAMPAIGN ID #13V058000RECALL DATE2013-02-25
SUMMARYPorsche is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 911 Carrera and Carrera 4 vehicles manufactured from March 7, 2012, through November 12, 2012, and equipped with a standard (not sport) exhaust system. The exhaust tail pipe may fracture and separate from the rear muffler.
CONSEQUENCESIf the exhaust tail pipe separates from the muffler it may become a hazard for other vehicles on the road, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDYPorsche will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear mufflers free of charge. An interim notice was mailed to owners on May 9, 2013. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Porsche at 1-800-767-7243.
COMPONENT AFFECTEDENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM:MANIFOLD/HEADER/MUFFLER/TAIL PIPE

Old 04-17-2014, 08:09 PM
certified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Porschejeff
Isn't this the same?

2012 PORSCHE 911 RECALLSNHTSA CAMPAIGN ID #13V058000RECALL DATE2013-02-25
SUMMARYPorsche is recalling certain model year 2012-2013 911 Carrera and Carrera 4 vehicles manufactured from March 7, 2012, through November 12, 2012, and equipped with a standard (not sport) exhaust system. The exhaust tail pipe may fracture and separate from the rear muffler.
CONSEQUENCESIf the exhaust tail pipe separates from the muffler it may become a hazard for other vehicles on the road, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDYPorsche will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear mufflers free of charge. An interim notice was mailed to owners on May 9, 2013. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Porsche at 1-800-767-7243.
COMPONENT AFFECTEDENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM:MANIFOLD/HEADER/MUFFLER/TAIL PIPE
That was an issue with the muffler itself (had mine finally dealt with last week). Not related to a vacuum line.

Sounds like this is something new for the S or PSE which have vacuum lines controlling exhaust flaps.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:40 PM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
My car is at dealer now for exhaust. Seemed like it was stuck in one mode, as if valve not switching. I hope they figure it out.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:01 AM
jster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud ofjster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Go123
For which model? standard or sport exhaust?

"S" was stated in the FP and I don't have SE. I was told this was a new campaign; the SA said this was the first he had seen of it.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:22 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lunarx
My car is at dealer now for exhaust. Seemed like it was stuck in one mode, as if valve not switching. I hope they figure it out.
I thought you got the change over valves taken care of a few weeks ago? Is it something different or the sam issue? Hope they fix it quickly!

Old 04-18-2014, 08:52 AM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
I thought you got the change over valves taken care of a few weeks ago? Is it something different or the sam issue? Hope they fix it quickly!
Yea, I never had the chance to take it in until now.
I had hoped to take the bumper off and get a look at it myself, but realized, I may not get to that in a reasonable timeframe.
I guess I'll find out if the new campaign applies to me.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:36 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Havok
Is this why heater is not working? Haven't had the time to take the car in.
The loss of heat in the cabin is definitely a change-over valve issue. There has been a lot of write-up on this topic over the past 5 months. I had the exact same problem you state, and it was fixed by replacing the valve. My understanding is that this specific part (change-over valve) is used in something like 13 places in the 991, and others on this board have had sometimes multiple parts replaced. Do a quick search.... I believe SM_ATL actually had the specific case where the PSE exhaust valve was "stuck" in one position due to this bad part.

It was a very simple warranty fix in my case. Not sure if this change-over valve issue is specifically the same root cause to what the OP is referring to, but it sounds creepily similar.

Cheers!