Gorgeous wheels from Fuchs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 08:17 PM
AlecS has a spectacular aura aboutAlecS has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Gorgeous wheels from Fuchs

Hello!
I've sort of narrowed down an order for new rims for my new ride. It's going to be these stupidly awesome mono block creations from Fuchs. They make a beautiful 20" rim that is perfect. Normally I hate chrome rums and I can get these brushed, but I'm wondering what you guys think of these?

http://www.fuchsperformance.com/cms_...1-4S-Cab-8.jpg

Didn't Fuchs rims rock most of the wheels for Porsche 911's from the 70's
through the 80's? Those were either chrome or black I believe. Similar 5 peddle design.

So what's your thoughts about doing these I chrome? Do you guys get the seventies vibe? Or should I stick with the brushed?

Thanks
Alec

Old 04-26-2014, 08:50 PM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
I can tell you are in love with these. I'm guessing it takes you back to a time of first wanting a 911. If I had a choice, I would absolutely choose the brushed option but I don't do chrome. That being said, these wheels look weird on the very current lines of the 991. I think these would look much better on a 993 or maybe 996.

Old 04-26-2014, 08:56 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Not really liking them.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
I liked the old Fuchs too. Still think about getting the 19" Classics from the 997 Speedster. These newer ones just look too stretched. For me they are just not 'it'.

Old 04-27-2014, 05:03 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Meh.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:53 AM
Charcharius is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AlecS;4100837[url
http://www.fuchsperformance.com/cms_images/gallery/TAG-991-4S-Cab-8.jpg[/url]

So what's your thoughts about doing these I chrome? Do you guys get the seventies vibe? Or should I stick with the brushed?
Props for choosing something with a throwback vibe, but I'm not feeling them for a 991 - perhaps because it is much larger than the old 911s...

I'm biased by my purchase of a 911_50, but how about the _50's wheels? If you stick with the Fuchs, the brushed would be my pick.

Aaron

Old 04-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Alec, I think the brushed may go pretty well with the Agate Grey. Just Google imaged them and that is my opinion. In the end...your choice bro, it's what you like!

Keep us posted.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:25 PM
Former Vendor
TAGMotorsports will become famous soon enough
We have done countless sets of these That car actually has the Polished/Clear with Satin Black Accents!

Give us a call

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tag_991_4s_cab-1.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	157.4 KB
ID:	366578  
Old 04-27-2014, 11:06 PM
willyspub is just really nicewillyspub is just really nicewillyspub is just really nicewillyspub is just really nice
Am I the only one who really digs these? Combines classic feel with a modern, Tech Art Formula vibe. Go brushed and don't look back.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:10 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
No, I like Fuchs wheels too, just not those. I prefer the FP1s. The OP likes the newer modern looking ones.
http://fuchsperformance.com/wheels.cfm

You can always go this way too. The new classic wheel, expensive though.
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...SCHASSISWHEELS

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2735382909.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	366689   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3001352852.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	366690  
Old 04-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by Chupacabra
No, I like Fuchs wheels too, just not those. I prefer the FP1s. The OP likes the newer modern looking ones.
http://fuchsperformance.com/wheels.cfm

You can always go this way too. The new classic wheel, expensive though.
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...SCHASSISWHEELS
Those are very nice. Expensive as you mentioned. It seems they're only for the wide body cars like C4's. Does anyone know if they'd fit a C2?

Thanks
alec

Old 04-29-2014, 03:06 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
I would definitely do brushed, not chrome.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:38 PM
willyspub is just really nicewillyspub is just really nicewillyspub is just really nicewillyspub is just really nice
Originally Posted by AlecS
Those are very nice. Expensive as you mentioned. It seems they're only for the wide body cars like C4's. Does anyone know if they'd fit a C2?
Alec, I suspect that C2s may have trouble with them. The Sport Technos, which are also 11.5" in the rear, have two different rear offsets -- ET68 for C2/C2S and ET48 for C4/C4S. So, assuming you don't have any suspension clearance issues, it would be like running 20mm spacers in the rear -- very aggressive and probably with significant wheel poke (again, assuming they even clear).

Old 04-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by willyspub
Alec, I suspect that C2s may have trouble with them. The Sport Technos, which are also 11.5" in the rear, have two different rear offsets -- ET68 for C2/C2S and ET48 for C4/C4S. So, assuming you don't have any suspension clearance issues, it would be like running 20mm spacers in the rear -- very aggressive and probably with significant wheel poke (again, assuming they even clear).
Thanks *****. Yeah, kinda thought so. I still like the new Fuchs FP.3's anyway. Got a great look to them.Probably going to order very soon.

Appreciate it.

Alec

Old 04-29-2014, 06:56 PM
Porschejeff is on a distinguished road
Alec, I like the chrome with your Agate grey, I guess we are in the minority here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gorgeous wheels from Fuchs