New wheel help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 10:26 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
Here's a few questions for you HRE....(I just sold my Aston Martin that had P40's on it).

1) How can one visibly tell the difference between a P40SC and the Flow Form wheels? They're very close in appearance.

2) HRE's are made in the USA out of billet block and the flagship brand. Flow Form's are made in Japan to HRE's spec by a third party and are a cast wheel, correct?

3) What are the weight differences between same size Flow Form and the P40SC per wheel? Which is more likely to stand up to a pothole strike without damage?

4) How is run-out on the Flow Forms generally speaking? The P40's I had on the Aston were nearly perfect and required very little to balance up. Some cast wheels (especially those made in China) are difficult to get to run true.

I intend to buy another set of HRE's for my 991S, just trying to decide between the main line logo brand and the Flow Form, as there is a significant price difference.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:39 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ma991
I think the OP has a 4S. So the FF wheels are not available in a 9" width?
Ah, you are correct. The FF01 is currently available in 8.5" up front.

Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
I do have a 4S. Am I going to have a problem running 255's on 8.5 rims?
The 255 front tire width won't be an issue (it will bubble/bulge out a bit), although the ideal wheel width for that tire is 9-9.5. However, the wheel range for a 255 tire is typically 8.5"-10".

We would suggest a 235-245 tire for the 8.5".

Old 05-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute
buy through our wholesaler and offer competitive prices

contact me for member pricing as we can help you with your next hre purchase

Originally Posted by PertPlus
How is that even possible since you are not even a direct distributor of HRE?

Old 05-01-2014, 09:59 AM
Banned
PertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Undercover Tuning
contact me for member pricing as we can help you with your next hre purchase
I'm good. I go with their West Coast distributor and was just up at the facility yesterday -- since I work about 30 minutes away.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:39 AM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels

FYI - here at the specs we currently have available for the HRE FF01 FlowForm design you are inquiring about:

20" FlowForm fitment for the 991 (Narrow Body) is as follows:
20x8.5F (24 lbs.) ET50
20x11R (24.8 lbs.) ET60

Glad to see you have these specs. I am planning to put my wheels up for sale and wasn't sure if they would look right on a narrow body with them being 20x8.5-ET51 and 20x11-ET59. Being one mm off should work fine.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drcollie
Here's a few questions for you HRE....(I just sold my Aston Martin that had P40's on it).

1) How can one visibly tell the difference between a P40SC and the Flow Form wheels? They're very close in appearance.

2) HRE's are made in the USA out of billet block and the flagship brand. Flow Form's are made in Japan to HRE's spec by a third party and are a cast wheel, correct?

3) What are the weight differences between same size Flow Form and the P40SC per wheel? Which is more likely to stand up to a pothole strike without damage?

4) How is run-out on the Flow Forms generally speaking? The P40's I had on the Aston were nearly perfect and required very little to balance up. Some cast wheels (especially those made in China) are difficult to get to run true.

I intend to buy another set of HRE's for my 991S, just trying to decide between the main line logo brand and the Flow Form, as there is a significant price difference.
Sorry we missed your questions earlier!

1. The main aesthetic differences are in the spokes and outer lip. The FF01 has thicker spokes from the bowl – outward whereas the P40SC features spokes that are more refined and are thinner in comparison. The FF01 also has a more pronounced, flat, outer lip while the P40SC has a more “artistic” lip with multiple terraces.

2. FlowForm wheels are cast wheels made in Japan to our standards of quality, build and strength.

3. An FF01 is 2lbs. heavier than a comparable P40SC wheel. It’s difficult to say which could withstand that type of damage, but if we had to choose, the Forged model would pull through.

4. The run-out on the FF01 is excellent and on-par with our Forged products.

Please let us know if you have any more questions!

HRE Performance Wheels