Windows down with the remote

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 01:25 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, of all the features I'd like to have on my 991, rolling down the windows from the remote is one I'd never use. It would be just above the useless AHA and below voice control..

Old 04-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Did you try it?

Old 04-30-2014, 04:02 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scatkins
Wow, of all the features I'd like to have on my 991, rolling down the windows from the remote is one I'd never use. It would be just above the useless AHA and below voice control..
I had it on my 2007 and it was wonderful in the summer to get rid of some of the heat before got in the car.

ChuckJ

Old 04-30-2014, 04:29 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Samp
I can along with my top up or down. I have the module from Mods4Cars http://www.motivemods.com/Mods4Cars-Porsche-s/333.htm. They have one for non-cabs as well. I installed in 20 minutes.
Anyone up for starting a Group buy???

Old 04-30-2014, 04:33 PM
911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute911xpress has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
That's because the Volt is in fact a $80k+ car (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88904V20120910)
This article is not new but the current situation is even worse as sales numbers are by far not meeting their initial target, meaning that development and tooling costs will be amortized on a much lower number of cars.

No worries, taxpayers have covered the fixed costs and continue to subsidize the car. Not sure if this is fully correct, but this was posted on hybrid cars.com recently : "Since a $5,000 price reduction in August 2013, the now-$35,000 Volt can now be had for $27,500 after a $7,500 federal subsidy. Discounting and potential state subsidies have seen some Volt purchases net around the $23,000 range".

This is not a Volt or Volt-owners bashing post (if anything, the owners found a way to get some of their tax money back), but I guess you see the point.

Love, Love, Love my Volt! So much so that I leased a 2nd one and now that the gas prices in CA are about $4.25 for regular.

Drove my first Volt for 26K miles and only used 50 Gal of gas. Current leases on 2014 models are crazy low. Once you subtract your commute gas expenses it comes out to less than $100 a month to drive (in my case). And no maintenance. Great commuter car!

Old 04-30-2014, 04:35 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
I had it on my 2007 and it was wonderful in the summer to get rid of some of the heat before got in the car.

ChuckJ
I agree with Chuck. Makes a huge difference in the summer.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:55 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ChuckJ

ChuckJ
Yeah, no doubt.. I can see it.

I just never really have the patience to get close enough to open the windows and then wait long enough before getting in for it to cool down.. I'm usually just trying to get in, get started and get the Air blowing as fast as possible.

My older Audi would allow me to do that by putting the key in the door and then twisting... and if I held for a couple of seconds the windows rolled down. Never used that either.

But obviously the 991's could be made to have the capability. The widows are always opening a little and closing when you get in and shut the door.. So I'm sure with a little software it would be possible.

What I want on the remote is the: Start the car, and blow icicles feature...

Old 05-01-2014, 12:09 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SilverSled
No that's a Mercedes feature
so as BMW, VW etc etc

Old 05-01-2014, 01:49 AM
NutNut is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rainier
Hey ! Thanks for that. It works on mine (No memory seats). Rainier
Glad to be of help. Now be careful not to get any fingers, heads etc. caught in the gap!

Old 05-01-2014, 01:51 AM
NutNut is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Zelig
I agree with Chuck. Makes a huge difference in the summer.
Ditto. Especially here in the tropics.

The function I really wish it had is the ability to start the engine (and the air conditioning) from the key fob! 👍

Old 05-01-2014, 05:36 AM
MKW
MKW is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porschejeff
Many standard features are EXTRA $ on Porsche. Crazy that a $100K+ car doesn't have auto entry, push button start, XM Satellite radio and a rear camera as standard. My wife has these on her $40K Chevy Volt and my Cadillac.
My daughter has all these plus NAV, voice control,glass sunroof, two tone interior with contrasting stitching,heated and vented seats,etc on her $34k Lexus. It feels like Lexus threw in her car for free after paying for the options at Porsche prices.

Plus the dealer after sales customer care is on another level...when I bring it in for service for her, I feel like I am pulling into the Ritz in Paris in a Rolls

There is a reason Porsche makes the most profit per vehicle of the major brands..." sheeple " like us drink the kool-aid over and over and pay the extra $10-30 k for " options " that are std in cars 1/4 the price !

Last edited by MKW; 05-01-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Nuke986 has a spectacular aura aboutNuke986 has a spectacular aura about
Boy, that's something I would be interested in. My 2008 Acura has it and I use it all summer.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
All windows down when approaching the car is a huge venting help before getting in. I have a black/black car and even with the parked car event blowing, it helps.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:46 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Porschejeff
Many standard features are EXTRA $ on Porsche. Crazy that a $100K+ car doesn't have auto entry, push button start, XM Satellite radio and a rear camera as standard. My wife has these on her $40K Chevy Volt and my Cadillac.

Nowadays, the only thing that comes as standard on a Porsche is the name!!!