Windows down with the remote

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 09:37 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Windows down with the remote

Does anyone know if you can you put the windows down with the remote as you are approaching the car?

ChuckJ

Old 04-29-2014, 10:06 AM
SilverSled is on a distinguished road
No that's a Mercedes feature

Old 04-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Samp will become famous soon enough
I can along with my top up or down. I have the module from Mods4Cars http://www.motivemods.com/Mods4Cars-Porsche-s/333.htm. They have one for non-cabs as well. I installed in 20 minutes.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:30 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Chuck - I looked into this, as it is such a basic feature on most cars and has been around for well over a decade.
Apparently not so on the 991.

Helps on those hot days and really should come as standard.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:19 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
I had it on my 997 with Mods4cars, I just thought I had seen somewhere it was part of the 991 system. It certainly is a very useful function.

ChuckJ
I just checked with Mods4cars and they tell me they do not currently support the 991 coupe.

Last edited by ChuckJ; 04-29-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Porschejeff is on a distinguished road
Many standard features are EXTRA $ on Porsche. Crazy that a $100K+ car doesn't have auto entry, push button start, XM Satellite radio and a rear camera as standard. My wife has these on her $40K Chevy Volt and my Cadillac.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:42 PM
DallasDave is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porschejeff
Many standard features are EXTRA $ on Porsche. Crazy that a $100K+ car doesn't have auto entry, push button start, XM Satellite radio and a rear camera as standard.
AMEN!

Dave

Old 04-30-2014, 03:58 AM
NutNut is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
Does anyone know if you can you put the windows down with the remote as you are approaching the car? ChuckJ
Hi Chuck - this iis the first trick my sales executive taught me when he delivered my car. Yes, this can be done via the key fob by doing a long press in the Unlock Button to "open" and a long press in the Lock Button to "close". Not sure if it makes a difference by my car has P-E&D and automatic memory seats. Let me know if this works for you. Best, Rick

Old 04-30-2014, 07:08 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Porschejeff
My wife has these on her $40K Chevy Volt
That's because the Volt is in fact a $80k+ car (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88904V20120910)
This article is not new but the current situation is even worse as sales numbers are by far not meeting their initial target, meaning that development and tooling costs will be amortized on a much lower number of cars.

No worries, taxpayers have covered the fixed costs and continue to subsidize the car. Not sure if this is fully correct, but this was posted on hybrid cars.com recently : "Since a $5,000 price reduction in August 2013, the now-$35,000 Volt can now be had for $27,500 after a $7,500 federal subsidy. Discounting and potential state subsidies have seen some Volt purchases net around the $23,000 range".

This is not a Volt or Volt-owners bashing post (if anything, the owners found a way to get some of their tax money back), but I guess you see the point.

Back to the OP topic, I'll go check right away on my car if the feature exists/works (never tried in fact...).

PS: with potentially $60k subsidized gap between the actual selling price and the cost of the car, the government could have made the dream of thousands of petrolheads true by offering them a 991 C2 at the price of a Camry!

Last edited by SM_ATL; 04-30-2014 at 07:11 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:30 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NutNut
Yes, this can be done via the key fob by doing a long press in the Unlock Button to "open" and a long press in the Lock Button to "close".
Disabled for US cars to avoid a lawsuit in case someone got their head stuck (while holding down the button) and accidentally amputated their head.

Dealers won't enable the feature.

My 90's BMW had these features (in addition to stop senors) to avoid fingers be crushed by windows.

We shall have to find a way to survive..

Old 04-30-2014, 07:48 AM
NutNut is on a distinguished road
Oh no sorry to hear that but perfectly understandable considering the consequences.

I never use the feature but Porsche should've included those stop sensors for safety's sake.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by NutNut
Hi Chuck - this iis the first trick my sales executive taught me when he delivered my car. Yes, this can be done via the key fob by doing a long press in the Unlock Button to "open" and a long press in the Lock Button to "close". Not sure if it makes a difference by my car has P-E&D and automatic memory seats. Let me know if this works for you. Best, Rick
Rick:
Nope, doesn't work on mine but I don't have P-E&D.

ChuckJ

Old 04-30-2014, 07:59 AM
Rainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud ofRainier has much to be proud of
Hey !
Thanks for that. It works on mine (No memory seats).

Rainier

Old 04-30-2014, 08:01 AM
dux
I have P-E&D and it does NOT work on the US model.

However, given the nature of these litigious times, I am not surprised that every eventuality for "personal injury" is neutralized.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:05 PM
twodan is on a distinguished road
worked on our 2000 passat

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Windows down with the remote