Wheels - Carrera S or HRE FF01 or Vorsteiner VFF01

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 01:01 PM
mad_max will become famous soon enough
Wheels - Carrera S or HRE FF01 or Vorsteiner VFF01

My car came with Carrera Classic wheels and don't personally like the design. I'm thinking of replacing them with either the OEM Carrera S wheels or the HRE FF01 or the Vorsteiner VFF101.

How does the aftermarket wheels compare with the OEM wheels?

Old 06-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Undercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond reputeUndercover Tuning has a reputation beyond repute
contact me for the absolute lowest prices on either brand you choose!

undercoverperformanceinc@gmail.com

aftermarket in most cases are better made and multi piece and forged, and lighter weights with the obvious better styling !

lawerence@undercover

Old 06-25-2014, 04:47 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mad_max
My car came with Carrera Classic wheels and don't personally like the design. I'm thinking of replacing them with either the OEM Carrera S wheels or the HRE FF01 or the Vorsteiner VFF101.

How does the aftermarket wheels compare with the OEM wheels?
The Carrera S wheels are made by BBS (stamped inside rather than outside on the rim as advertisement) and are comparable in weight and strength with the others. They like the HRE FF01 are cast in ways that reduce porosity and add strength; the VFF101 is advertised as "flow forged", which sounds good in any case. All are available in various colors. They all look great on 991s to me. Looking at your car pic, you could put Moon hub caps on and it would still look great.

Last edited by chuckbdc; 06-25-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:04 AM
1analguy is on a distinguished road
Carrera S, definitely.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:01 AM
bboatman has a spectacular aura aboutbboatman has a spectacular aura about
Vorsteiner, the finish on them is great, especially the the textured finishes. I love hre wheels just not the FF wheels. You can also order a wider front and custom offsets for the vorsteiner, not sure thats the case with HRE and the FF wheels.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:40 AM
Got a quote for the Carrera S wheels from my dealer and the price is steep Almost $6k. I'm leaning towards the HREs, like the design better than the Vorsteiners

Old 06-26-2014, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Got a quote for the Carrera S wheels from my dealer and the price is steep Almost $6k. I'm leaning towards the HREs, like the design better than the Vorsteiners
What wheel finish are you leaning towards? We can create a rendering for you if you prefer!

Old 06-26-2014, 10:36 AM
Banned
PertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond reputePertPlus has a reputation beyond repute
I had HRE Flow forms on my M5 and really liked them. But personally, and obviously it's more money, but I would do the P40SCs if you like that design.

Old 06-26-2014, 11:03 AM
Sure, the car is Racing Yellow. Looking at matt or gloss black.

Old 06-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
Sure, the car is Racing Yellow. Looking at matt or gloss black.
Porsche 991 with HRE FF01 in Liquid Black (Gloss Black):

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PORSCHE_991_FF01_LB.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	530.4 KB
ID:	392174  
Old 06-26-2014, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels
I like it! What's the offset on these? Can I use them with spacers?

Last edited by mad_max; 06-26-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:27 PM
bboatman has a spectacular aura aboutbboatman has a spectacular aura about
wow nice i like them too!!!

Old 06-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Former Vendor
Narrow bodies ET50F ET60R
Wide bodies ET50F ET35R

Spacers can be used for that flush fitment but these wheels are made to be slightly more aggressive than OEM specs, but not too aggressive to be flush with the fenders.

Here's another rendering (FF01 in Fog):

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PORSCHE_991_C4S_FF01_FOG.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	392200  
Old 06-27-2014, 01:47 AM
dxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud ofdxb4232 has much to be proud of

*drawls, starts to fantasize, and makes a wish*

AMAZING!!!!!

Old 06-27-2014, 06:45 AM

Narrow bodies ET50F ET60R
Wide bodies ET50F ET35R

Spacers can be used for that flush fitment but these wheels are made to be slightly more aggressive than OEM specs, but not too aggressive to be flush with the fenders.

Here's another rendering (FF01 in Fog):
Is this with or without spacers? If I want spacers what size do you recommend? Also do the wheels come with center caps?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wheels - Carrera S or HRE FF01 or Vorsteiner VFF01