Lowering a Porsche 991 GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 07:52 AM
nosleepsheep is on a distinguished road
Lowering a Porsche 991 GTS

Howdy! I've been lurking around on this forum for a few years and I decided on finally registering so that I may formally ask for some help...

I recently purchased a 2016 911 GTS, it has the PDCC and PASM suspension. However there is still a little bit more gap in the front than I want there to be. I love the ride, but visually, it could be lowered about half an inch to an inch all around, but mostly in the front.

I've only found one solution that allows you to retain use of the PASM, I've searched for a while having not found anything definite. The coilvers I found were like 5k...I want a cheaper solution lol

Are there any very good quality springs I may use or some good quality inexpensive coil overs that are compatible with PASM? (and by Inexpensive coilovers I mean something under 2.5K).

This is my first P-Car, I've had all types of cars (mostly BMW M performance vehicles) and normally suspension upgrades are easier to find, but there only being 2 years of the 991 GTS and most people not needing to lower theirs, finding aftermarket suspension components is a bit harder than I thought.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by nosleepsheep; 02-21-2016 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:13 AM
Vise is on a distinguished road
There are plenty of aftermarket spring options out there... TechArt, H&R, etc. Basically any springs for a Carrera S will work on the GTS.

Might want to try searching over here as this topic has been discussed many times.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Vise
There are plenty of aftermarket spring options out there... TechArt, H&R, etc. Basically any springs for a Carrera S will work on the GTS.

Might want to try searching over here as this topic has been discussed many times.
Thank you. I had no idea that Carrera S springs will fit it.

Old 02-21-2016, 09:13 AM
-Ryan- is on a distinguished road
Old 02-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Many thank you's. I didn't know the S springs were compatible, it's my first P car excuse my ignorance lol

Old 02-21-2016, 01:11 PM
DaveG is on a distinguished road
As already posted above, there are A LOT of threads on Rennlist about lowering a 991, GTS or otherwise.

I'm in the same boat as you. PDCC throws a twist into things and no one has lowered a PDCC car to my knowledge. I don't want to be first to do it, nor do I want to void my warranty, so I ultimately chose to do nothing.

OTOH, I don't have to waste time reading threads about scraping the front spoiler...

DaveGee

Old 03-07-2016, 01:15 PM
DocM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nosleepsheep
Howdy! I've been lurking around on this forum for a few years and I decided on finally registering so that I may formally ask for some help...

I recently purchased a 2016 911 GTS, it has the PDCC and PASM suspension. However there is still a little bit more gap in the front than I want there to be. I love the ride, but visually, it could be lowered about half an inch to an inch all around, but mostly in the front.

I've only found one solution that allows you to retain use of the PASM, I've searched for a while having not found anything definite. The coilvers I found were like 5k...I want a cheaper solution lol

Are there any very good quality springs I may use or some good quality inexpensive coil overs that are compatible with PASM? (and by Inexpensive coilovers I mean something under 2.5K).

This is my first P-Car, I've had all types of cars (mostly BMW M performance vehicles) and normally suspension upgrades are easier to find, but there only being 2 years of the 991 GTS and most people not needing to lower theirs, finding aftermarket suspension components is a bit harder than I thought.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have the same car with PDCC and SPASM which is just perfect. I also had a 997 4S and did lower it with Eibach springs (around 1 inch). Great ride quality (almost as comfortable as stock) and fit. The only concern I would have is how does it fit with PDCC?!

Old 03-25-2016, 12:32 AM
studlee is on a distinguished road
I have c4s with pdcc and pasm. car is lowered with techart springs.
ride is about 15% stiffer than stock in sport mode, in comfort mode ride is about the same as stock. after 3 alignments and wheel rebalance i still have a slight vibration (wiggles from left to right) if i let go of the steering wheel at speeds above 50. you can only see the vibration but can't feel it. seems to be worse in the mornings than in the afternoon.
it is livable and does not affect the performance or drive comfort.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:48 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Not a criticism, but I cannot imagine lowering this car any further. Everyday driving includes a ballet to avoid scraping the chin on the front deflector.

Old 03-25-2016, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Leslierc
Not a criticism, but I cannot imagine lowering this car any further. Everyday driving includes a ballet to avoid scraping the chin on the front deflector.
Thank you all. I forgot to post back on this thread. I've decided not to lower the GTS any longer.

After taking it to the track and running a few hot laps, I think the car is just amazing the way it is (most fun I've ever had on a track). I don't want to mess with anything that could jeopardize the current suspension feel.

Old 03-25-2016, 03:58 PM
BOBP is on a distinguished road
I think the Porsche engineers know what their doing. If they wanted it lower, they would have made it lower. Just my .02

Old 03-25-2016, 05:31 PM
dmz
dmz is on a distinguished road
Oh, here we go again...

Originally Posted by BOBP
I think the Porsche engineers know what their doing. If they wanted it lower, they would have made it lower. Just my .02

Old 03-30-2016, 06:33 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Hell I don't even have the sport suspension on mine, just PASM. And even now I'm afraid of scraping the front nose.

Old 03-30-2016, 08:32 PM
-Ryan- is on a distinguished road
I've always had lowered cars. I currently feel like i'm offroading in my stock height GTS. I guess it's all relative.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:34 AM
studlee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Leslierc
its just the chin...you can easily replace for less than $150. that is what the chin is made for.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lowering a Porsche 991 GTS