Changed up my look a little!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 07:04 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Changed up my look a little!

Wheels were Anthracite and looked great! Was time for a change...

Name:  IMG_0565_zpsssgxaasu.jpg
Views: 824
Size:  3.39 MB

Name:  IMG_0566_zpsjczrbdbx.jpg
Views: 771
Size:  3.45 MB

Name:  IMG_0567_zpsfgdj3bgv.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  3.44 MB

Name:  IMG_0568_zpsuqswwkea.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  3.50 MB

Name:  IMG_0569_zpsqid3gxnb.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  2.99 MB

Name:  IMG_0570_zps5i6d37e5.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  2.74 MB

Name:  IMG_0561_zpsgaeegthf.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  2.66 MB

Name:  IMG_0573_zpsfielsvyd.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  2.33 MB

While I was at it I cleaned up the calipers and wheel well liners and ceramic coated them!

Name:  IMG_0558_zps5fxosk2l.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  2.53 MB

Old 05-15-2017, 01:39 PM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Congratulations, Sizzle!!! What year is it?

ChuckJ

Old 05-15-2017, 05:55 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Chuck! It's a 13. Same car as before, just changed the wheels up a bit!

Old 05-15-2017, 06:44 PM
Forujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to allForujames is a name known to all
Now that's a change for sure-so are they new or did you get the old ones painted? Maybe its plastidip and you can peel it off soon if it doesn't work out.

Old 05-16-2017, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by Forujames
Now that's a change for sure-so are they new or did you get the old ones painted? Maybe its plastidip and you can peel it off soon if it doesn't work out.

I dipped them! Again...!

Old 05-17-2017, 07:18 AM
RON1X will become famous soon enoughRON1X will become famous soon enough
Really like the look!

Old 05-17-2017, 07:45 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
It all works...body, wheels, tint. Nice job! I notice you keep your spoiler engaged.

Old 05-24-2017, 03:30 PM
friar93 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats really interesting that you dipped them..... did you follow a specific process? Ive seen a bunch of DIYs but its hard to know which is best

how do they hold up and how long did it take?

Old 05-24-2017, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by friar93
thats really interesting that you dipped them..... did you follow a specific process? Ive seen a bunch of DIYs but its hard to know which is best

how do they hold up and how long did it take?

I had them dipped Anthracite (metallic grey) before I changed them to gold. That lasted about 2 years without any issues and still would have been going on strong if I hadn't re-dipped them. So it is very tough and resilient.

Yes, I use an airless sprayer. Multiple thin even coats is the trick.

Hope this helps!

Old 05-24-2017, 08:13 PM
Thanks for the comments everyone!

Old 05-26-2017, 11:51 AM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Would be cool to see in rotation (video).

Old 06-01-2017, 08:48 PM
JDDarkside is on a distinguished road
Love the look, great job! Also love the look of your garage! Where did you order the wheel alignment rods (not sure of exact name) for mounting the wheels easier? I think Griots has them but I need to look up thread size and pitch.

Old 06-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by JDDarkside
Love the look, great job! Also love the look of your garage! Where did you order the wheel alignment rods (not sure of exact name) for mounting the wheels easier? I think Griots has them but I need to look up thread size and pitch.
Thank you!!! I believe I got them thru Suncoast Porsche.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.