991 w/ manuals - Owners please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 05:56 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LPpfs997
Larry,
good to see you posting again. The gts looks great. Watch out for the troopers !
The fact that you grabbed a gts w/ pdk is interesting and why I started the thread.
The 911 US sales of approx. 9000/year means that fewer than 1800 manuals are out there per year.
I wonder if a premium for the re-sale market for the sticks will develop? Maybe in say five year.
Great motoring to you,
Paul
You really cant buy a Porsche with long term resale as a main focus . Granted I would never encourage a person to over spec a car but even a desireable priced spec can get ruined in one small accident (hence a bad carfax) .

I love the manual cars . I still have my manual 997.1 turbo , had a manual 981 Boxster s too, but I also love the PDK . Obviously a person can't have both in the same car so he has to pick one . The fact that a manual is great and costs less is a real nice perk when ordering the car . Right there youve saved a few grand .

If set on a manual just get it . You cant go wrong with it and it will always have its place on the used market .

Old 06-30-2017, 06:04 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
First always get what you want not what you think the next owner might want. I have never owned a PDK 911 and have owned 10. I did have a PDK Panamera 4 for a while and in that car it was fine.
I have driven several generations before owning the current 991 4S. Love the MT as I live in Pa where curvy horse country roads are my work route daily. Can't imagine driving them in a PDK car. And I think the Porsche PDK is the best of the best auto/mans out there.
When and if I sell this car I am sure there will be a buyer who wants the same driving experience I do. Only need one.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:46 AM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
JerseyShore has it correct: buy what you love. And Larry, my point is not in re-sale as much as intrinsic value. I plan to keep my 911 and hope to see my grandchild enjoy it (with supervision). The passed along value is my hope since each repair can be expensive.

I see that 1989 964's with +60k on the clock are selling for more than the initial sticker; +$45,000. Considering that a similar 1989 Vette w/ 60k miles isn't worth $10k shows the inherent quality of the Pcars.

I hope the joy of driving will be transferred ;-)

Old 06-30-2017, 09:57 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
I believe I have seen figures of about 10%. The manual is superb. After 40 years of 911 manuals I went for PDK and woulld go back only for the 6 speed usit that was in a Boxster I once had. Or a 991R, or a new GT3. The level of "involvement" in the air cooed cars was a whole other thing than the flawless shifting and rev matching of today.

Last edited by chuckbdc; 06-30-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:28 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Hate my 7mt on the weekends due to traffic but love it on the weekends. Spec mine since no manual available in most dealers here. Ordered my gt3 PDK.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:31 PM
PJ 911 is an unknown quantity at this point
New here on 6Speed. I've had this 991.2 C2 for 3 months. Just about to roll 900 total miles, it is a weekend toy. Still working through the break-in miles, but I am loving this car. Whenever I try to push it through a curve the car just seems to tell me to try harder next time. While I rarely use 7th gear, the car quickly reaches very high speed, yet is able to accelerate quickly without downshifting. It was a spec car located by the dealer who sold me our Cayenne Diesel. Manuals are very hard to find, and while not loaded, has all of my key options.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1773.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	479253  
Old 07-10-2017, 08:45 AM
911BOY is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dvg 335
Another happy manual owner here! Like others have said, the PDK is definitely quicker, but I personally think the manual makes for a better driving experience.

Dave
Same here. I wouldnt ever get PDK unless I was tracking where it is much quicker than MT but on the street its just an automatic transmission IMO. I know there are lots of PDK guys out there that drive them in manual but that wouldnt do it for me. Not many of us left......................

Old 07-10-2017, 10:31 AM
StephanC is just really niceStephanC is just really niceStephanC is just really niceStephanC is just really nice
I've Owned 2 991's first one was PDK, fast and excellent transmission but after 2 years happy to say i switched back to MT. Took me about month to adjust to 7 gears but i absolutely love it. Happy i made the switch.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:02 PM
AaronR is an unknown quantity at this point
I love my 991 7MT.

Drove the PDK extensively, but the purist in me demanded 3 moving pedals.

Sport Plus rev match is really fun also.

I live in Indiana with virtually no traffic.

Aaron

Old 07-19-2017, 08:18 AM
911BOY is on a distinguished road
I love rev matching on my own. thats 90% of the fun with MT for me.

Old 07-19-2017, 06:38 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I have a manual 991 Cab and a PDK GT3. I love the engagement of a manual. Better "fun" factor imo. I'm only drive the PPK in auto for warm up, then it's in manual. Paddles sometimes but shifter mostly. I'm enjoying it more now that I'm not scared of it. ��

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.