991 C4 Spoiler Help????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 04:10 PM
mnas is an unknown quantity at this point
991 C4 Spoiler Help????

I started browsing the internet for 991 C4 rear spoilers; however, I'm not having any sort of luck with my searches. I was wanting to know if anyone has added a spoiler to their 991 C4/C4S? I want to add a spoiler that will complement the wider body and the rear light strip, but it doesn't seem like people typically add spoilers to the C4/C4s as I can't find any available for sale the market.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:02 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Sun Coast Parts dot com

Old 12-17-2017, 09:35 AM
RON1X will become famous soon enoughRON1X will become famous soon enough
Apples to oranges, as I have a C2S, but I was torn between the Vorsteiner GT3RS style wing for my car and the TechArt. Either would likely look great on a widebody. I looked everywhere for options, but they aren't that many. The OEM GT3 wing is just too much to justify (for me), and Vorsteiner and TechArt are quality pieces that look fairly OEM (emphasis on fairly...):
Vorsteiner:

TechArt:

I ended up going with TechArt Style II because I was worried the Vorsteiner was going to look too aggressive. I'm still waiting for it to arrive, hopefully January!

Old 12-17-2017, 11:18 AM
mnas is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow what a difference that makes, I will certainly look into that spoiler.

Old 12-17-2017, 05:31 PM
porscheron is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, I love the look on that TechArt Style II ! Quick question just curious where do you usually go to get something like these installed?

Old 12-17-2017, 06:05 PM
Dknj23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,
I had the techart type 2 wing and installed it myself. The only thing you need to do is get it painted by reputable shop and then after you install take to Porsche dealer to have spoiler button deactivated. This will take 1 hr of shop time.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:22 AM
^Thanks for that info Dknj23! I just was at the dealer asking about the installation of this piece (when mine arrives), as I was curious on the factory spoiler being deactivated once the wing is installed, which is why I'd planned on letting the dealer install. Do you have any pictures of the wing on your car or impressions? It appears there are 2 heights of the wing from various pictures I've seen but can't confirm this. Pictures below of it low and just over the engine area, and another with it 8-10" higher.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:41 AM
Dknj23 is an unknown quantity at this point
yes, there are 2 positions based on whether or not you have coupe or convertible.
the lower of the 2 positions is for convertible - it has to do with aerodynamic differences
between coupe and convertible.

here is my former car with the techart package.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Looks perfect, thanks! Great to see more realistic photos than the professional ones sometimes. Of all things, minutes after I last posted FedEx freight arrived to my office with the TechArt wing. Hopefully can get it on after the holidays! Thanks for sharing and the info on the height differences. I didn't really think about the aero difference between coupe/cabrio

Old 12-19-2017, 12:47 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
The TechArt Type II wing is a complete piece of art. it checks the boxes for both form & function as TechArt puts all their aero through wind-tunnel testing.

The Vorsteiner wing is also a great piece but meant more for the flashier crowd.

We sell both products so those who are interested in pricing and information feel free to email me directly - David@WheelsBoutique.com

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.