Antigravity Battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 10:09 AM
T.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of light
Antigravity Battery

Just curious if anyone has tried Antigravity batteries in their 991’s yet. I installed mine about a month ago and absolutely love it! Pulling out the factory battery took both hands and careful manovering as it is heavy at 40ish pounds. The Antigravity battery weighs 11.5 and you can pick it up with 2 fingers. I purchased mine as a full kit that included battery with a lithium ion charger and the mounting bracket. Very easy swap and was done in about 15 min. Hardest part is removing the factory battery so i just wanted to mention it to you guys Incase you have been thinking about replacing your or are in need to.

Old 12-13-2018, 10:29 AM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Cheaper to go on a diet

Old 12-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor
Antigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant future
Thanks for Post Up T.O. Cool to see...

Originally Posted by r11rs
Cheaper to go on a diet
Well.... if you plan on losing 35 pounds in 15 minutes on a Diet I would agree..... BUT..... it will take you about 2 month minimum to lose 35lbs of you body, and it will be a hard fought battle to do 35lbs off your body I can safely say. So if you multiply those two month of time of working your butt off... I think it way worth the cost.

But in reality it not just the lightweight... it the fact it will last longer than a lead acid battery by almost twice as long.... AND it has our RE-START built in Jump Starting so you won't be stranded. But in a Porsche you do need to have something rigged so you can open the trunk if you over discharge the batteries.... even for our RE-START you still have to press the button on the battery. But we are making a Harness so you can energize the system with one of our MICRO-STARTS

Old 12-13-2018, 12:04 PM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
If they were not so expensive would have purchased a couple by now. Hope you can find a way to bring the cost down.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:24 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
Does one need a special charger for these?

Old 12-13-2018, 05:42 PM
T.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of lightT.O. is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
answer to your question is yes because they are Lithium ion but its not bad. I feel like it was about the same price as the Porsche maintainer.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:55 PM
Former Vendor
Antigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Yes but only if you use a external charger... it not during use in the car. It is only because many Lead/Acid batteries have a Desulphate MOde that can spike voltage to the battery.... Only Lead/Acid Batteries Sulphate, so a special mode on a lead acid charger can potentially damage a Lithium battery. But in a Cars system they do not charge like this, so in the car it will not cause any issue while charging.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:52 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
That's great TO. Glad you are loving it.

But, I could get about 7 regular batteries for the price of 1 AntiGravity. Love the idea of a light long lasting battery that will save my back, but for me I cannot justify the price point. Hoping price will come down.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:43 AM
BT1
BT1 will become famous soon enough
+1 on Price $480

I am a buyer at $480. all in.that is a little more than double a regular batter but for the lower weight and extra performance I don't mind paying double.

Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy

But, I could get about 7 regular batteries for the price of 1 AntiGravity. Love the idea of a light long lasting battery that will save my back, but for me I cannot justify the price point. Hoping price will come down.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:02 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy

Ok, just want to qualify this. I'm not trying to claim that you SHOULD buy one... we don't ever do any hard sell or say its the best thing since sliced bread. IF, you are a performance oriented car owner, then is by leaps and bounds the best bang for the buck of most mods.

In terms of VALUE, that is obviously determined by what the individual wants. I don't know of any Porsche owner that can get 7 batteries for the Price of our RS-30. I own a GT3-RS it has the Standard Porsche H6 Battery in it (which is just a rebadged Johnson Controls Unit) and of course I can go to Autozone and buy a Lead/Acid replacement but I think they are about $150 minimum for a quality H6/Group 48 and about $300+ if you go to Porsche. Also Porshes Lithium battery is $3000 dollars... and ours is better. So it all relative to what you want.

But we do alot of Tradeshows and I run up against that all the time... Wow, its much more expensive than a Lead/Acid battery. My answer are, yes it is, Lithium is more costly than Lead, its a most costly chemical, its 70% lighter, it has 2x the cranking power of lead/acid, it has roughly 2x the lifespas (and even more since most Lead now lasts about 2-3 years only) it won't put out hydrogen when charged, it won't leak fluid, and it not exceptionally detrimental to the environment as lead and acid both are. But when you also put in the performance aspects.... (which only the performance guys really care about) then you are talking shorter braking distances, better handling and time saved if your tracking. better acceleration, more gas mileage (but not much in mileage). So while the value in terms of dollar may seem higher, the facts show the value is more than there for those who desire those factors.

So then if you go to our Competitor... say Braille Battery.... their Lithium battery that is equivalent to our RS-30 in Amp Hours is $1200 dollars and offers none of the battery protections , nor our RE-START feature that we offer. So it is not arguably even in the same class as ours yet is almost twice the cost. So if you have ever checked out Lithium Auto Batteries in the Market then you will see the value of our product is best in the Market by a long shot. So comparing the cost of a cheap Lead/Acid battery to ours it not really an accurate comparison. But in the eyes of the purchaser, such as yourself, if it doesn't work then that is also right and all is good. I just want to make the point of value applied to the buyers specific application.

For sure it looks to be "expensive" if you just say " a battery that costs $699" that crazy. But then I have some who have said our battery was expensive, but in other threads I see they say they bought a $1500 dollar carbon fiber veneer for their front splitter... twice the cost, no performance gain, but it looks cool. So value is in the eyes of the Customer. Losing 35lbs equates to about 2HP or something like that, I can't remember but I'm not selling based on that. But also if you are talking what weight really does, and understanding the dynamic of mass then 35lbs is massive. For example to slow down 10lbs mass going 10 miles per hour take a certain force. but slowing down 10lbs at 20 miles (double the speed) DOES NOT take twice the force, it actually take over 3 times the force. Its and exponential equation... so then imagine going 100 mph with 35 pound less mass and braking that equates to an incredible reduction of force to be slowed. So that is why weightloss is the holy grail in performance. So just that fact alone of a 35lbs weight reduction for $699 give the performance crowd all they need to hear for this to be a massive value for them. There is not product on earth that does that for that cheap.

Value is in the eyes of the beholder.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:06 AM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
All good points and if I needed a battery now I would probably buy one; however, the one in my new Targa GTS should last for a while and replacing it now would be a waste. But if someone local to me wants a great deal on a new battery let me know.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:21 AM
BT1
BT1 will become famous soon enough

I thought just the battery was 699 how much for the bracket or does that include the bracket ?

Old 12-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Goldduster is on a distinguished road
They show $179.99 for the mounting kit on their website.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Antigravity Batteries
Ok, just want to qualify this. I'm not trying to claim that you SHOULD buy one... we don't ever do any hard sell or say its the best thing since sliced bread. IF, you are a performance oriented car owner, then is by leaps and bounds the best bang for the buck of most mods.

In terms of VALUE, that is obviously determined by what the individual wants. I don't know of any Porsche owner that can get 7 batteries for the Price of our RS-30. I own a GT3-RS it has the Standard Porsche H6 Battery in it (which is just a rebadged Johnson Controls Unit) and of course I can go to Autozone and buy a Lead/Acid replacement but I think they are about $150 minimum for a quality H6/Group 48 and about $300+ if you go to Porsche. Also Porshes Lithium battery is $3000 dollars... and ours is better. So it all relative to what you want.

But we do alot of Tradeshows and I run up against that all the time... Wow, its much more expensive than a Lead/Acid battery. My answer are, yes it is, Lithium is more costly than Lead, its a most costly chemical, its 70% lighter, it has 2x the cranking power of lead/acid, it has roughly 2x the lifespas (and even more since most Lead now lasts about 2-3 years only) it won't put out hydrogen when charged, it won't leak fluid, and it not exceptionally detrimental to the environment as lead and acid both are. But when you also put in the performance aspects.... (which only the performance guys really care about) then you are talking shorter braking distances, better handling and time saved if your tracking. better acceleration, more gas mileage (but not much in mileage). So while the value in terms of dollar may seem higher, the facts show the value is more than there for those who desire those factors.

So then if you go to our Competitor... say Braille Battery.... their Lithium battery that is equivalent to our RS-30 in Amp Hours is $1200 dollars and offers none of the battery protections , nor our RE-START feature that we offer. So it is not arguably even in the same class as ours yet is almost twice the cost. So if you have ever checked out Lithium Auto Batteries in the Market then you will see the value of our product is best in the Market by a long shot. So comparing the cost of a cheap Lead/Acid battery to ours it not really an accurate comparison. But in the eyes of the purchaser, such as yourself, if it doesn't work then that is also right and all is good. I just want to make the point of value applied to the buyers specific application.

For sure it looks to be "expensive" if you just say " a battery that costs $699" that crazy. But then I have some who have said our battery was expensive, but in other threads I see they say they bought a $1500 dollar carbon fiber veneer for their front splitter... twice the cost, no performance gain, but it looks cool. So value is in the eyes of the Customer. Losing 35lbs equates to about 2HP or something like that, I can't remember but I'm not selling based on that. But also if you are talking what weight really does, and understanding the dynamic of mass then 35lbs is massive. For example to slow down 10lbs mass going 10 miles per hour take a certain force. but slowing down 10lbs at 20 miles (double the speed) DOES NOT take twice the force, it actually take over 3 times the force. Its and exponential equation... so then imagine going 100 mph with 35 pound less mass and braking that equates to an incredible reduction of force to be slowed. So that is why weightloss is the holy grail in performance. So just that fact alone of a 35lbs weight reduction for $699 give the performance crowd all they need to hear for this to be a massive value for them. There is not product on earth that does that for that cheap.

Value is in the eyes of the beholder.
Well said sir!

Old 12-15-2018, 04:52 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
The price is really $900 with the required bracket. I'd consider an Anti Gravity once my factory battery dies. My 997 factory battery lasted 10 years, so i don't think it'll happen soon on my 991

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Antigravity Battery